Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Tale of the Game. A game of court intrigue, feuds and wars. Infinite spots.  (Read 8321 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile

PTW.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:41:36 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, you can only start as a man, due to how things ran in medieval Europe.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

((I'll throw my hat in the ring, but methinks you have enough dynasty starters. My own idea works better as a courtier anyways, so I'll throw my hat in as one of those. I don't mind being assigned to any Dynasty.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I could drop you in as a lowborn courtier, but are you sure you want to?

Enter the combat with a (preferably) ranged weapon at the back of our ranks

You turn and grab a shortbow and a quiver from your horse pack, and cock an arrow. You look around, trying to spot someone of higher importance, and to your stupor, you spot the Baron himself, on horseback commanding the assault. You regain your senses, and let go of the arrow, letting it fly into the neck of the bastard, throwing him on the ground and making him bleed. You lose sight of him as the crowds of unorganized rabble retreat, seeing their leader fall. You let out a few more arrows into the running fiends, but the damage they done is clear. The bulk of your army is destroyed, with the left infantrymen being wounded and tired.

Protect the Duke from any approaching enemies.

Other retainers do the same thing, and make a living blockade between the Duke and the ambushers. Some attackers try to break through your ranks, but are pushed away by your allies. Suddenly, you see the enemies run back into the forest and towards the Baron's castle. You congratulate yourself quietly, and turn around and wait for orders from the Duke. Your liege seems dissapointed in something or somebody, and tells you all to head home.

Oz Berren
Attempt to help out as many recruits as possible, but keep close to the duke.

You join the battle in the simplest way possible: you pull out your sword and charge the undefended flank of the peasants, slashing, chopping and cutting your way through, being scratched a few times yourself. Suddenly, all enemies turn around and run to the forest, leaving behind their weapons,

Elias Pig

Elias dismounts his horse and grabs his quarterstaff. He rushes forward towards the mass of men and then stikes at a foeman.

You join the footmen, and start pounding the attackers, and soon they are forced to retreat into the forest they came from.

ALL:

You all receive the direct order from the Duke to head home. The men are relieved, though some grumble that they should have cut down the runners.

You are now back in the castle, and the game proper starts now. The army is depleted, enemies are all around the Duchy, and power and riches are within your arm reach. What will you do, who will you become?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile

Oz Berren:
"Lord Guillem, were you harmed in the battle at all? I would like to know if I did my job well and helped you to not meet a gruesome end. Or a acquire a grievous wound."

Make idle chit chat with my Lord Guillem.
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile

"The greatest accommodations and fortifications. Thy fortress is of marvelous proportions. Now, if thou would allow thee to meet the council."
Begin to socialize with the Duke's council, and attempt to make friends

((About how much money does my coffers possess?))
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

You all start with very little money, maybe a single gold coin.
The tithe a feudal lord receives monthly from a village is worth approximately that.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

Socialize with other people in the Duke's court and attempt to gain more information about them.

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: If I may join. (click to show/hide)

((If you're still taking starters.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: If I may join. (click to show/hide)

((If you're still taking starters.))
[[I do believe there is the matter of "Infinite Spots" in the Master Post good sir.]]
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but I wasn't sure if he was still taking dynasty starters, or if there would only be a few dynasties.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, but I wasn't sure if he was still taking dynasty starters, or if there would only be a few dynasties.))
[[Oh! Okay my bad on that one :U]]

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

I think Playergamer will be the last dynasty starter.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
After this turn, all turns will be in seasonal time units.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile

Elias Pig:

Find out about the current events and notable people in the Duke's court.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think Playergamer will be the last dynasty starter.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
After this turn, all turns will be in seasonal time units.
((Can I join as a child or something?))
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

((I am perfectly fine with being a lowborn, as long as the minstrel traits are preserved.))
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6