Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Nobody Poops  (Read 43116 times)

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Poops
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2015, 05:14:08 am »

I love this forum.  <3  Roc (and any bird) poop must make it into the game.  Oh, the legends to be had, and skulls to be caved in from above.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2015, 11:27:29 am »

Poop should not cave in skulls, just trap and suffocate the dwarf underneath.

Rocs should be a bit smaller. I never imagined them as being as big as 4 elephants, just the size of a glider.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Andeerz

• Bay Watcher
  • ...likes cows for their haunting moos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2015, 02:06:10 pm »

You, my friend, have obviously never experienced the terror that is a giant goose turd hitting the top of your car at terminal velocity.  Well, it certainly wouldn't have caved in my skull, but, damn, it would have really hurt.  A Roc turd... I don't know... I think it would do more than just trap and suffocate.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:10:28 pm by Andeerz »

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »

You, my friend, have obviously never experienced the terror that is a giant goose turd hitting the top of your car at terminal velocity.  Well, it certainly wouldn't have caved in my skull, but, damn, it would have really hurt.  A Roc turd... I don't know... I think it would do more than just trap and suffocate.

Especially once you mod Roc poo to be made of SLADE. A tag for [MISCIEVOUS_POOPER] or even [POOPER_MALICIOUS] could also be really funny.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2015, 08:18:37 pm »

Especially once you mod Roc poo to be made of SLADE. A tag for [MISCIEVOUS_POOPER] or even [POOPER_MALICIOUS] could also be really funny.

Clearly rocs are fantasy Stukas and divebomb dwarves with their own poop.

They even do the stuka siren with their own vocal chords !

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2015, 11:53:07 am »

Fracturing the skull, yes, but unless the roc turd is incredibly dense and/or small it will not actually cave in the skull. I imagined roc turds as being quite big, so the force is spread.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Pootis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2015, 03:19:05 pm »

I should mention that burning dried dung for fuel is common where wood is scarce. If fuel is ever needed for cooking or brewing (as it should) this would be quite useful for settling treeless biomes.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2015, 03:59:25 pm »

I should mention that burning dried dung for fuel is common where wood is scarce. If fuel is ever needed for cooking or brewing (as it should) this would be quite useful for settling treeless biomes.

It is common, especially in areas where wood has been logged to destruction, but can cause some health problems.

For old times' sake.

Pootis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2015, 01:28:01 pm »

It is common, especially in areas where wood has been logged to destruction, but can cause some health problems.
Nothing like the smell of fresh shit smoke in the morning.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »

Roc poo prolly lethal (some math)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2015, 06:12:04 am »

A blow can be lethal without caving in the skull. Given that the roc dung would completely entomb the victim, with only some of it hitting his head,  it seems more likely that he would be knocked out and suffocated inside the heap.

For old times' sake.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2015, 10:47:11 am »

A blow can be lethal without caving in the skull. Given that the roc dung would completely entomb the victim, with only some of it hitting his head,  it seems more likely that he would be knocked out and suffocated inside the heap.

If only it would dry and Urist would be like Han Solo in Carbonite  :)...

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2015, 12:01:09 pm »

I think dwarves must have elaborate ways of using fuel without getting exposed to the smoke. It's a pretty important skill if you live underground.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2015, 01:19:19 pm »

Smoke from furnaces and ventilation should be in the game. 10 coal furnaces running fine in an enclosed cave is just not !!fun!! enough now.

For old times' sake.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2015, 03:49:49 am »

I suspect that rocs cough up pellets like hawks and owls. Bird poop tends to be less solid than that of other animals. I'm not sure it could entomb somebody out in the open.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21