Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Nobody Poops  (Read 43047 times)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody Poops
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2015, 01:42:02 pm »

A moat is a defence more than a weapon, but sewage has also been used as a weapon, with some unfortunate victims dumped into cesspools to drown.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2015, 03:52:13 pm »

I would love to assign a caste/profession lower than hauler.

Actually, I would make it a punishment for a crime if I could.

Urist McNoble was annoyed at having 527 "don't export figurines" mandates broken, just because he waited until the caravan was leaving before imposing it.
Urist McNoble was annoyed at the entire fortress population not being punished for bringing figurines to the depot before the mandate was imposed.
Urist McNoble was annoyed at being demoted to toilet cleaner.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »

Tell that to the general public. Just don't mention how that one adventurer was so much worse.

Personally, I think sewerage mechanics would be great Fun.

Comparing everybody's normal bodily functions to Obok Meatgod and his violations of sexual decency is also just a little strange. Maybe we need a "shit offenders registry" if this tide of toilet political correctness goes too far.

I am very happy to tell the general public that excretion is normal. They all do it too. Any other attitude stinks (pun intended) of hypocrisy.

I'm sickened, but curious.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2015, 04:31:44 pm »

I would just like to point out that the "moat" around actual real life castles were very often the open sewer of the people inside those castles.  In fact, you may actually be able to find real life historical examples of "sewage" being used as a weapon.
Smeared on upright spike traps punji sticks, too. Nasty infections.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2015, 06:40:37 pm »

About what? Sewage weapons? I could talk at length about that. As for Obok Meatgod, he was a nasty adventurer who, with the aid of a modded game, raped a child to death. He was just another notorious brute, and we would never have heard of him, except that when the story was posted on bay12, members started an inexplicable ruckus over the 1 atrocity they considered unthinkable and he became a legendary figure alongside Cacame Apebalded, Empress Sankis, and the other members of the DF pantheon. Personally, I think the whole thing was massively overblown for an atrocity in a game full of atrocities; more fuss was made over the rape of an ASCII character than over some real rapes.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2015, 05:19:06 am »

My point was that the general public would probably react more badly to the tale of Obok than to toilets.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2015, 06:44:09 am »

About what? Sewage weapons? I could talk at length about that. As for Obok Meatgod, he was a nasty adventurer who, with the aid of a modded game, raped a child to death. He was just another notorious brute, and we would never have heard of him, except that when the story was posted on bay12, members started an inexplicable ruckus over the 1 atrocity they considered unthinkable and he became a legendary figure alongside Cacame Apebalded, Empress Sankis, and the other members of the DF pantheon. Personally, I think the whole thing was massively overblown for an atrocity in a game full of atrocities; more fuss was made over the rape of an ASCII character than over some real rapes.

Well, child abuse is a lot more real and viscerally upsetting than mass slaughter of mermaids, systematic kitten killing for purposes of population control, and dwarven child care.  It's considered the very worst of depravities, and rightly so.  Honestly, I'd be thankful that people were so upset about it.  The Homestuck fandom takes a disturbingly cavalier attitude towards that stuff.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2015, 07:13:00 am »

Well, child abuse is a lot more real and viscerally upsetting than mass slaughter of mermaids, systematic kitten killing for purposes of population control, and dwarven child care.  It's considered the very worst of depravities, and rightly so.  Honestly, I'd be thankful that people were so upset about it.  The Homestuck fandom takes a disturbingly cavalier attitude towards that stuff.

Ok,how did we go from a civilized talk about poop and toilet mechanics to a virtual pedophile that brutally raped a child? :'( It's impressive how much dark stuff can emerge from a simple DF post....

This game is creepy sometimes....
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2015, 07:15:26 am »

No, people are creepy. Anything that can be sufficiently modded will be modded for offensive stuff. It's basically Rule 34 applied to modding.

King_of_Baboons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2015, 07:29:59 am »

No, people are creepy. Anything that can be sufficiently modded will be modded for offensive stuff. It's basically Rule 34 applied to modding.

BUT WHY?!

I know that people are creepy and sometimes like to see this kind of shit on the web.But why mod this into a game?AND WHY IT HAS TO BE DF?!?!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can we go back to the poop subject now?Thank you.
A medium-sized creature prone to madness and insanity.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2015, 08:12:04 am »

My point was that the general public would probably react more badly to the tale of Obok than to toilets.

As they should do.

The forum's revulsion at Obok Meatgod is justified, but exceptionalist. Players can torture children as much as they like until a penis appears, at which point it is suddenly time to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. Sometimes this forum feels like an order of warrior monks who are prepared to wreak violence in their foes, but have taken a vow of celibacy to the point of not even wanting to consider genitalia at all. All I can be grateful for is that real police forces do not obey this "logic".

For old times' sake.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2015, 08:57:49 am »

As they should do.

The forum's revulsion at Obok Meatgod is justified, but exceptionalist. Players can torture children as much as they like until a penis appears, at which point it is suddenly time to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. Sometimes this forum feels like an order of warrior monks who are prepared to wreak violence in their foes, but have taken a vow of celibacy to the point of not even wanting to consider genitalia at all. All I can be grateful for is that real police forces do not obey this "logic".

Violence has been ingrained into DF culture since day one. Don't say that you haven't been part of it.

Also I am pretty sure most adventure mode players will not torture children.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2015, 10:14:36 am »

Violence? Yes. I have killed forgotten beasts and goblins like other players have. Defending the fort is an important part of the game.

What seems strange is that some players have almost a fear of any sort of sexual content, even the existence of genitalia itself. In a community fond of virtual horror, that seems inconsistent.

For old times' sake.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2015, 10:22:19 am »

- mod in a nest box called a Toilet.
- make a "poop" material and tool.
- add LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS to dwarves, with the poop.
- add a reaction to convert the poop into fertilizer, and make this reaction automatic.

Presto, dwarves now periodically go and sit on the toilet, and they will use it realistically to fertilize farms.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:25:53 am by Reelya »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:29 am »

. . . And that's where dwarven babies come from.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21