Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: The Veil of Memories [dead]  (Read 16024 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: The Veil of Memories
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2015, 01:06:04 am »

"Fortune has favored you thus far, adventurers. But this challenge is not one to be decided on the opening move."

Rejoice, for killerhellhound will be joining you guys next turn as a new player! He has some pretty big shoes to fill, given that you just lost the Dwarf who managed to learn weapon manifestation on his first try. Long may his dwarfy memory stir our hearts.

Heh. Memory. Too bad none of you remember the poor sod. You might have been able to call him back as an avatar of bloody vengeance for a turn, y'know.

... There might still be time, in fact. Memories do linger, and are often quite easy to work with ...

EDIT: Actually, common sense just kicked in, so I've decided to go ahead and bring killerhellhound's character in 'out-of-turn' right here, which will give him a chance to post his action and start playing immediately on the coming Turn 6. I've sent him a PM to inform him of this and asking to confirm his character choice already.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:24:18 am by Xvareon »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2015, 07:41:55 am »

((Just a notice I havent been reading the tread so if there has been details shown I missed them. This is so my character knows as much as I do. NOTHING))

Looking around Mark notices something namly he has no idea where he is, a town by the looks of it like... alright he cant remember being elsewhere aside from the adventurers guild, good as place as any to ponder who, what, where, how, and why he is here.

To the Guild
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2015, 03:34:49 pm »

((I have returned!  Well, I never truly left and have been staying updated, but now I have determined to join the waitlist!  If that's alright with you all of course.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2015, 07:04:09 pm »

Waitlist please.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:24:55 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2015, 08:39:39 pm »

A... golem? No. Sorry, ATHATH, but a magical construct simply doesn't have the kind of sentient, thinking, memory-forming mind that is necessary for the setting, here. Unless you had something entirely different in mind, in which case you'll have to explain it to me.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2015, 12:39:43 pm »

Aw. Maybe it could be a special golem?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2015, 01:16:42 pm »

A golem could technically be sapient.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2015, 06:18:40 pm »

If you're not prepared to explain to me how a golem, a synthetic construct, can have a mind that runs on the same parameters as organic ones like those of humans, elves and gnomes, then I'm not interested. Sorry. It just doesn't fit the context of the story properly. Please select an organic race. I'm willing to bend the rules a bit, as I did with Kevak taking a Kitsune, so just use your imagination and you should be fine.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2015, 06:20:39 pm »

Stick a brain in it? Make it function like theoretical energy beings would? (aka an energy pattern tethered to matter through something that functions as a mind.) Make it function like silicon organic life would?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2015, 06:41:24 pm »

Stick a brain in it? Make it function like theoretical energy beings would? (aka an energy pattern tethered to matter through something that functions as a mind.) Make it function like silicon organic life would?
I am fine with any of these.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2015, 07:16:29 pm »

No. Sorry, but I'm vetoing this. No golem players in my game. Please select some kind of organic race with similar size/abilities to humans. You can make one up if you like. But no synthetics allowed.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2015, 08:40:46 pm »

No. Sorry, but I'm vetoing this. No golem players in my game. Please select some kind of organic race with similar size/abilities to humans. You can make one up if you like. But no synthetics allowed.
Nothing like a warforged?

blazing glory

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2015, 08:50:39 pm »

Nothing like a warforged?
*Looks up warforged on Google."

Quote from: Eberron wiki
"Warforged are living constructs"
He just said no Golems.

And this is a Golem if I have ever seen one.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »

ATHATH. Do you have any idea how much attention you are going to draw if you're a construct made of clay, stone or metal, easily crushing or at least heavily scuffing every floor you walk on? If you have no blood and barely feel pain? Look, please make it easy on me here, alright? My setting works with a whole town of organics who've probably never seen a golem before. Writing you in as one would upset things far too much. I'll tell you what you could do, though:  With the kinds of powers you could draw from the Veil (if lucky), you could easily create or summon your own golem and bind it to your will. Hell, you could bind iron to your own flesh and turn YOURSELF into a golem. Maybe even transplant your own mind and soul into a golem's body.

I'm just not letting you start off as one, alright? Sorry, but not only would that make a lot of issues I'd need to address, it'd also mean you get unfair early advantages over your other party members as well as enemies. If you want to be a golem or have a golem, you'll have to do that yourself by gaining the relevant powers same as everyone else in the game is doing. So please, pick a human/elf/dwarf/gnome/halfling/kitsune or some other organic race, or make one yourself, and we'll go from there.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 08:55:10 pm by Xvareon »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2015, 09:21:50 am »

ATHATH. Do you have any idea how much attention you are going to draw if you're a construct made of clay, stone or metal, easily crushing or at least heavily scuffing every floor you walk on? If you have no blood and barely feel pain? Look, please make it easy on me here, alright? My setting works with a whole town of organics who've probably never seen a golem before. Writing you in as one would upset things far too much. I'll tell you what you could do, though:  With the kinds of powers you could draw from the Veil (if lucky), you could easily create or summon your own golem and bind it to your will. Hell, you could bind iron to your own flesh and turn YOURSELF into a golem. Maybe even transplant your own mind and soul into a golem's body.

I'm just not letting you start off as one, alright? Sorry, but not only would that make a lot of issues I'd need to address, it'd also mean you get unfair early advantages over your other party members as well as enemies. If you want to be a golem or have a golem, you'll have to do that yourself by gaining the relevant powers same as everyone else in the game is doing. So please, pick a human/elf/dwarf/gnome/halfling/kitsune or some other organic race, or make one yourself, and we'll go from there.
Ok, I'm sorry for bugging you about it. I'm changing the sheet now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11