Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: A peculiar lab: 40% chance of survival and dropping.  (Read 29543 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: A peculiar lab: 40% chance of survival and dropping.
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2015, 12:00:36 am »

((We have spares for the spares of the spares. Also a whole heap of random scrap metal and stuff.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2015, 12:03:16 pm »

Quick, see if there's a set of buttons for the testing hallway, if so hit the red button!
There are no buttons in the testing chambers themselves.

bar the door so noone can come in, block the emergency buttons if that fails.

Tourniquet my arm above the effect in two places with a 4 inch gap between them and wash and sterilize my hand where i touched the rust breath.

If the effect passes the first tourniquet then amputate my arm just below the second tourniquet before it can spread any further.

You jam a crutch in the door to prevent it from sliding open and then do your tourniquet stuff. The bleeding spreads beyond the first one before you can finish scrubbing the hand.

So how exactly do you want to cut this arm off? There aren't a whole lot of limb guillotines around here. There are knives and saws and shit, but that isn't fast or pleasant.

Go to medical if there are no angry bulls there, purge whatever room the free angry bull is in with fire. (Push the red button). Do not let U_P touch me for any reason.
The door to medical won't open. The bulls are all in the testing room, which is closed for the moment. However, Tryrar is still in there as well.

Spawn into Supply, which is hopefully free of angry bulls.  Do not let anyone else in, unless I'm sure there are no hostiles chasing them.

Examine the room in detail.  Do we have spares for everything?
It's got spares of all the stuff that was out there in the main lab, plus a bunch of non-techno-magic crap like welders, fasteners, tools, metal, radio parts, electronics etc.

Chances of tryrar getting purged along with the bulls: 1/3

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2015, 03:50:38 pm »

slide on a latex glove and jam an anasthetic needle into my arm then slice completely around my infected arm with a scalpel and pull off my armflesh like an unwanted sleeve.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2015, 06:23:47 pm »

((Wow, Unholy, that's...  Well, I laughed, and cringed.

Anyway, there's a few options that we have, which I like. 
If bull 3 is trying to break into Tryrar's chamber, or isn't doing anything:
Option one is to try and use what knowledge of the magic supplies we have, and make an acid flamethrower or something for each of us, then ganging up on the bull.  Tank+hose+triggervalve seems simple and unlikely to backfire. 
Option two is if bull 3 isn't made of a resiliant material, and is just all of us grabbing weapon-like implements from medical and bumrushing the bull.

If bull 3 is trying to break into the main lab:
Option three is me letting Nav and Bei into Supply, and when it breaks in, we purge it.

I like 3 best, then 1.  Anybody else have an opinion?  Or at least an answer as to what it's made of, and what it's doing?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2015, 06:43:27 pm »

((Simple. Have the bull charge at you. Then print a wall of distortion dust or similar. Extreme magical bull fighting.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2015, 07:08:28 pm »

((Actually, new idea.  We could have either NAV or Bei leave the lab, and then the other one just quickly open the door into testing then skitter off into Medical.  He'd probably be able to outrun the bull, if it even noticed, since he'd have a headstart and only a short distance to run.  After he's safe, he could drain the atmosphere, and the bull would die regardless of which room it's in.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2015, 07:10:58 pm »

To supply if the door opens. I need to grab some of those tanks with gold in them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2015, 07:31:18 pm »

Let Beirus in, assuming no bulls are somehow right behind him.  Ask him not to actually run any experiments while in here, and attempt to restrain him if he does start linking things.

((If you were planning to do something, sorry, but it would be really bad if you accidentally destroyed our backup stock of supplies.  Also, we already have danger in testing, so we should really fix that before we risk creating some new type of danger.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2015, 07:29:34 am »

Well, this isn't good. See what direction the door swings in, and if it is in the proper direction(towards me) see if I can time the bulls charge so that it's going full tilt when I pop open the door so that it runs right past me. If this is successful quickly leave the chamber, slam the door behind, then hit the red button!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2015, 02:28:13 pm »

slide on a latex glove and jam an anasthetic needle into my arm then slice completely around my infected arm with a scalpel and pull off my armflesh like an unwanted sleeve.

Interesting.

Your roll was good so lets say you manage to do this and then break off the bone too. Crisis averted. Sort of.

To supply if the door opens. I need to grab some of those tanks with gold in them.
Which would be what number?

Let Beirus in, assuming no bulls are somehow right behind him.  Ask him not to actually run any experiments while in here, and attempt to restrain him if he does start linking things.

((If you were planning to do something, sorry, but it would be really bad if you accidentally destroyed our backup stock of supplies.  Also, we already have danger in testing, so we should really fix that before we risk creating some new type of danger.))
Okie dokie
Well, this isn't good. See what direction the door swings in, and if it is in the proper direction(towards me) see if I can time the bulls charge so that it's going full tilt when I pop open the door so that it runs right past me. If this is successful quickly leave the chamber, slam the door behind, then hit the red button!
The doors slide open.

All doors slide.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2015, 04:01:41 pm »

make sure my tourniquet isnt leaking, find something to cauterize my arm with and do so just to be safe.

Check how much arm i have left.

Inspect emergency buttons, is there only one set for testing or is there one set for each subsection? (Chambers, range and hallway.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:44:19 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2015, 11:29:15 pm »

((Shared vacuum?))

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14