Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: A peculiar lab: 40% chance of survival and dropping.  (Read 29564 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A peculiar lab.
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:32 pm »

Yeah, probably the lab room. Never really did define where I was.
I'll take this as my cue to not be in the lab room anymore. The medical room sounds safer
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2015, 10:14:54 pm »

Unholy remains safely hidden in testing.

recover my apparatus, switch from first hexagon to first vylinder, pull trigger.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2015, 11:33:04 pm »

Yeah, I specifically said I'll be doing all my testing in well, testing, even if I don't define it every turn.

If it is safe to enter the lab, go to supply and see if there is more of that diamond tank(tank 54534), grab it and another 4 random, not already tested by anyone else tanks, as well as another supply of random, not already tested cards.

If it is unsafe to enter lab: See what the red button on the panic wall does, and if that clears up the problem.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:33 pm »

He appears to be in the lab room.

Uh... everyone but me?

Put those back; worry about them later.  Go to this thing:

Next to that, a long metal box, about a foot long, and 3 or so thick and tall. This box has a female spike nozzle on one end, and a male spike nozzle on the other end. There are several hexagonal ports on one side, each with a switch next to them, and 4 circular slots on the other side, each with a switch as well.

Should be able to set up like so:

Tank -> Long Metal Box -> Printer

Confirm this connects, but don't attach/activate anything.  Make an iron pickaxe this way:

Tank [276456] -> Printer [LT1634]

Then assuming the previous connects, try to make one this way:

Tank [276456] -> Long Metal Box -> Printer [LT1634]

Don't adjust anything on the long metal box for the first test.

That setup works. It makes a pickaxe exactly as you would expect. Of course I assume you have the printer hooked up to the card reader, hooked up to the card and are just abstracting that.

The pickaxe made the first way, and the one made the second way are identical as far as you can see.

Yeah, probably the lab room. Never really did define where I was.
I'll take this as my cue to not be in the lab room anymore. The medical room sounds safer
You get into the medical room asap. Probably a good idea.

Unholy remains safely hidden in testing.

recover my apparatus, switch from first hexagon to first vylinder, pull trigger.
The metal bar is still around and still shrieking. It's...rather painful to be in this room.

Ok, list of cylinder markings for identification:

Cylinders:
QIE^
VUU<
ASB=
IWA)
LIB&
XKM&
WEE%
UNB<
DPT(
BDM<
GMP>
SQP$
PFT+
BSQ<
MMO+
RUI@
PDT(
CVI@
UFC+
NKH=
WTU&
EYW@
MKH=
FFK)
IKK&
IGG#
HJA+
QRS>
XIG=
DAC<
PIW%
PVV=
PFT+
PEG<
JJY<
QLI>
PXN>
NMU^
WOB@
BZG@

We'll say you use....FFK)

Similar effect to the last configuration, with two key differences:
1. Thought the metal beam is extruded out, it isn't propelled at anywhere near the speed it was before.

2. The beam, on top of being a screaming nightmare that is causing you to go deaf, appears to be slowly corroding and burning the concrete it touches.

As soon as you finish "Firing" the contraption by holding the trigger down, the glass cylinder, which had been glowing very brightly while the system was "operating", seems to fizzle out. It goes dark and metal box ejects it from the slot with a fair degree of force.

Yeah, I specifically said I'll be doing all my testing in well, testing, even if I don't define it every turn.

If it is safe to enter the lab, go to supply and see if there is more of that diamond tank(tank 54534), grab it and another 4 random, not already tested by anyone else tanks, as well as another supply of random, not already tested cards.

If it is unsafe to enter lab: See what the red button on the panic wall does, and if that clears up the problem.

Well, you're not sure what that red thing does...so you press the red button. You hear a sort of "FWOOOOOSH" sound, like a jet engine starting up. Hmm.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2015, 04:04:03 pm »

pack up my machine and move it into the testing hallway.

Wait for whatever tryrar did to run its course.
Wait a bit more.

Move into another testing chamber, leave the tanks behind.
If there is some sort of "purge" button on the screaming chamber push the fuck out of it.

Head to supply and mix tanks 278378, 83216 and 276456.
Grab a card reader and card DW0983.

Replace the spike ending with the card reader and insert the card.
Insert the new tanks.
Activate the card and the second hexagon and cylinder. lets say DPT(
Hide in airlock.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:46:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

Grab new cards (SP3546, GZ9296, ZN9721). Hook up tank 575658 with card SP3546, engage!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2015, 04:23:45 pm »

"TOO DAMN LOUD"

Drag anyone inside the lab into the medroom with me.  Push the blue button once everyone is out."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2015, 04:24:23 pm »

That setup works. It makes a pickaxe exactly as you would expect. Of course I assume you have the printer hooked up to the card reader, hooked up to the card and are just abstracting that.

Yeah, I figure that part could be collapsed to save some space.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:00 pm »

Tank(15346)>Printer(WF5644)
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2015, 01:08:09 am »

Crack the door to see what's going on, shutting it if it's dangerous. After whatever it is is finished, do previous action
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2015, 03:27:50 pm »

pack up my machine and move it into the testing hallway.

Wait for whatever tryrar did to run its course.
Wait a bit more.

Move into another testing chamber, leave the tanks behind.
If there is some sort of "purge" button on the screaming chamber push the fuck out of it.

Head to supply and mix tanks 278378, 83216 and 276456.
Grab a card reader and card DW0983.

Replace the spike ending with the card reader and insert the card.
Insert the new tanks.
Activate the card and the second hexagon and cylinder. lets say DPT(
Hide in airlock.

There's no testing "Hallway". Testing and the main lab are connected by a single door. And going outside that door at this point would be rather dangerous.
You close the screaming chamber and look for a panel on it. There's one near the door with several buttons. There's a black button, a blue button, a red button, a yellow button and a gray button.

I'm gonna stop you from walking out the door right now. For your own sake.

Grab new cards (SP3546, GZ9296, ZN9721). Hook up tank 575658 with card SP3546, engage!
"TOO DAMN LOUD"

Drag anyone inside the lab into the medroom with me.  Push the blue button once everyone is out."
Tank(15346)>Printer(WF5644)
Give it a sec.

Crack the door to see what's going on, shutting it if it's dangerous. After whatever it is is finished, do previous action
You move to open the door, but jump back, cursing as the simple act of touching the handle is enough to burn you.

So, while that room purges itself and you're all locked away in various rooms without supplies, lets do this:

Does everything here look right?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2015, 03:46:06 pm »

....whoops :P

Check when it's safe by the simple act of holding my hand near the door to feel when it's not fuck-off hot, then do previous action
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:48:25 pm by tryrar »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2015, 03:53:20 pm »

make sure my project is in a different room, push yellow and then gray, if they fail to eliminate the screaming pole push red.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2015, 03:57:58 pm »

Also, that map looks ok, at least nothing glaring based on the descriptions you gave us

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2015, 09:04:34 pm »

Looks good to me!

Wait out the DOOOOOM
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14