Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: A peculiar lab: 40% chance of survival and dropping.  (Read 29621 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: A peculiar lab.
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:39 pm »

((Sliding door!))

"Idea!"

Use one of the sharp pointy instruments to poke a hole in the door.
Your attempt to bore through a sliding metal door with a scalpel is surprisingly ineffective.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »

So it is sliding.

Open the door a tiny bit.  If suctiony doom happens, shut it back.  Otherwise, peek out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 05:24:14 pm »

Man the fuck up and slide the door open as hard as i can.

Then do my thing wot i been trying to do for a few turns now.

Stab syvarris if he tries stopping me again.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 06:03:26 pm »

Don't mess with Unholy or Toaster, and go grab onto something that is secure, just in case.  If the door opens into a vacuum, hold my breath and wait until the air equalizes.  If it keeps draining, try and escape to "Supply" and it's presumably still-existing atmosphere.

In the likely scenario that nothing terrible happens, check the various doors to see if they have locks- especially the "Testing" chamber.  Wouldn't want a horrible abomination to be capable of escaping, if one were created in there.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 08:13:10 pm »

Also man up, do previous action
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 08:51:40 pm »

So it is sliding.

Open the door a tiny bit.  If suctiony doom happens, shut it back.  Otherwise, peek out.
Well...the room is extremely messed up and there's a corpse laying over in the corner, but other then that, it seems fine.

Man the fuck up and slide the door open as hard as i can.

Then do my thing wot i been trying to do for a few turns now.

Stab syvarris if he tries stopping me again.

All the stuff you had assembled is scattered all over the room. You'll have to start from scratch and assemble the stuff again.

Also man up, do previous action
When you say "insert all cards" do you mean insert them one at a time or just insert them all at once and then do it?

Don't mess with Unholy or Toaster, and go grab onto something that is secure, just in case.  If the door opens into a vacuum, hold my breath and wait until the air equalizes.  If it keeps draining, try and escape to "Supply" and it's presumably still-existing atmosphere.

In the likely scenario that nothing terrible happens, check the various doors to see if they have locks- especially the "Testing" chamber.  Wouldn't want a horrible abomination to be capable of escaping, if one were created in there.

The testing chamber has locks on both sides of its doors, as well as several inner chambers. Many resemble prison cells, while there is also something akin to a target range. There's a note hanging in the target range.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 08:57:15 pm »

grab tank 1 and tank 2 from the reaction chamber.
Grab a trigger hose.
Grab a "soda can"
Grab a hexagon.

Plug tank 1 into hose and hose into can, also plug hexagons cable into can.

Head into testing and read the note.
That done pull the trigger, switch tanks and repeat.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:42:08 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 09:13:42 pm »

Hmm, good question. Let's start with tank one(of the 4 I grabbed), assemble everything, and insert one card. See what happens, then remove and insert another card. Do this until I run out of cards, then ramp up to two cards, repeat, then three, and so on
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2015, 09:39:06 pm »

Go get the big box Beirus was playing with.  It had a tank that caused the box to output molten gold.  Look at the number of the tank, then switch all the green cards off except for BI30495, DS23423, and DO348905.  Activate it.  Examine the result.

((Hey, Unholy, why don't you read the note since you're already in testing?  I'm not going in there, because this should be a safe experiment, and if yours goes wrong I don't want to get trapped in there.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »

((Yeah sure.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:40 pm »

This game hurts my brain.

Connect one of those scuba tanks to a 3 way split hose.
Connect the first nozzle to a soda can. Connect the box to the soda can, and connect 6 green rectangles to the box.
Connect the second to that long metal box thing. Fill each circular slot with a glass cylinder. Fill each hexagon slot with a hexagon. Connect a 3 way split hose to this, with one end leading to a wide nozzle, the other leading to the hockey puck thing, and the third leading into the reaction chamber.
Connect the third to a satellite dish.

push every button, flip every switch, and turn every knob on the machine.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2015, 10:33:57 pm »

Grab a random numbered cylinder that hasn't been used before.  Grab a green rectangle that wasn't used before.  Prime the box with said rectangle, then attach the cylinder.  Activate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:26 pm »

((PTW. Watching this makes me feel all giddy. Now Proceed with the !!SCIENCE!! !))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 12:09:03 am »

grab tank 1 and tank 2 from the reaction chamber.
Grab a trigger hose.
Grab a "soda can"
Grab a hexagon.

Plug tank 1 into hose and hose into can, also plug hexagons cable into can.

Head into testing and read the note.
That done pull the trigger, switch tanks and repeat.

You grab the two tanks from the reaction chamber, along with a trigger valve, a soda can, and one of the odd hexagon plate things. You attach the tank to the trigger, and then trigger to the "can". However, the hexagon's cable doesn't fit into any port on the "Can", its plug is too fat to fit in the same outlet as the card reader thing.

Hmm, good question. Let's start with tank one(of the 4 I grabbed), assemble everything, and insert one card. See what happens, then remove and insert another card. Do this until I run out of cards, then ramp up to two cards, repeat, then three, and so on
The tanks you grabbed are:

And the cards you grabbed are:
EF1215
DK2315
WO3240
DL3489

The first combination seems to try and make something, but the material it's printing with is black ink, so building that into a solid object is rather difficult. Instead is just sort of sprays all over the place till it runs out. You try again with the next tank and the same card.

This one prints...what appear to be a half dozen severed human faces. Well...most of the face. Kinda just the skin and some of the muscles. And the last one only comes out half done because the tank ran out. Thats...hm.

Go get the big box Beirus was playing with.  It had a tank that caused the box to output molten gold.  Look at the number of the tank, then switch all the green cards off except for BI30495, DS23423, and DO348905.  Activate it.  Examine the result.

((Hey, Unholy, why don't you read the note since you're already in testing?  I'm not going in there, because this should be a safe experiment, and if yours goes wrong I don't want to get trapped in there.))
Actually the box Berius was using didn't have any tanks attached to it. This is rather important because there are two boxes here, one which accepts the cards and has no nozzle, and one which has several slots in it, and has nozzles. In fact, we really need to get some separate names for these things.

You grab the tank (364544), and the "can" and connect the can to the card reader. You input cards you want and turn it on.

It prints about 3 razor sharp, flat, long sleeved shirts made of gold.

This game hurts my brain.

Connect one of those scuba tanks to a 3 way split hose.
Connect the first nozzle to a soda can. Connect the box to the soda can, and connect 6 green rectangles to the box.
Connect the second to that long metal box thing. Fill each circular slot with a glass cylinder. Fill each hexagon slot with a hexagon. Connect a 3 way split hose to this, with one end leading to a wide nozzle, the other leading to the hockey puck thing, and the third leading into the reaction chamber.
Connect the third to a satellite dish.

push every button, flip every switch, and turn every knob on the machine.

Ohhhh you. You're asking for it.

You grab a random tank.
Connect it to three way hose.
Connect the Can to one end, and a stupid number of cards to the other.
The instant you connect the can to the hose, it immediately starts spraying electricity everywhere like a fucking pissed off tesla coil. OH GOD OH GOD VALVES ARE IMPORTANT OH FUCK.

Grab a random numbered cylinder that hasn't been used before.  Grab a green rectangle that wasn't used before.  Prime the box with said rectangle, then attach the cylinder.  Activate.
Tank 345343, Card DW0983. You attach the card reader to the can and stick the card in. Once thats done, you attach the cylinder to the can. The Can projects the grid but it doesn't print anything solid. Instead it spews a thick stream of what you can instantly tell by the smell, is gasoline.

Now. Tryrar is in the testing chamber. I'll give Unholy the benifit of the doubt, despite the fact he probably wouldn't have been in the testing chamber since his action failed. But we'll give him that. However Nav just sprayed electricity and Toaster just sprayed gasoline. And they just did it within maybe 10 feet of each other. So, lets roll.

Sy is dead.
Nav is very badly burnt and near dead.
Toaster escapes uninjured, but the room he's in is now fucking on fire.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2015, 12:13:15 am »

This game is awesome.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14