Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC  (Read 8754 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City IC
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2015, 10:25:46 pm »

'Hmm.  Could summon Crusader this turn, then return Urnight to my hand.  Next turn, use Urnight and then its effect to summon a Drago.  Going to have to XYZ the Crusader and Urnight if I do that.  Granted, he'll probably have destroyed one of them by that point.  Not gonna be able to land a hit his life until I get rid of that Scrounging Goblin.'

"I summon Koa'ki Meiru Crusader and have it attack and destroy your Goblin Attack Force.  Due to Crusader's effect, I return Koa'ki Meiru Urnight to my hand.  I pay the maintain cost of Crusader with my Urnight and Sandman with Gigantes."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2015, 12:30:09 am »

"I'll set one card face down, and then enter my battle phase. Shi En, attack directly." Jacob orders, setting Breakthrough down and watching as his samurai attacks his opponent.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2015, 01:29:58 am »

Belle smiles brightly! "Well, here's what she does! I detach one of her materials and target him with her effect when he hits the Grave! It'll shuffle the Messengelato into my Deck when it resolves, but because of Chateau, he goes to my hand instead, and because of Ticket and having a fairy on the field, I get to Special Summon an Anjelly! Not only that, but I get to shuffle one of your cards back into the Deck, as well! I'll go with the set card on the right!"

One of the two Messengelatos attending the queen pulled a shy fairy into a dance and onto the field, before moving to whisk one of the cards Vena had set last turn back into her deck, then hopping back into Belle's hand. The little girl was confident in this play - weirdly enough, Tiaramisu targeted the card in Grave, not the cards she shuffled, so there was very little that her opponent could do to stop the effect at this point. Notably, it meant Vena would only be able to Chain one of her set cards to the activation of Tiaramisu's effect, not once Belle had chosen what cards of her opponent's to shuffle back into the Deck. And, if the effect went off, Belle would be in position to keep control of the game next turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2015, 08:33:16 am »

((I'm afraid you can't actually activate the effect kingofferrets, you need a madolche monster already in the graveyard before you can activate it))

---

Sol

Danny drew his next card, a smile formed on his face.
”I activate the effect of Blaster Dragon ruler of infernos. By sending this card and another fire monster to my graveyard I can destroy your Delteros”

Spoiler: cards (click to show/hide)

Jason

Kurogane was forced a few steps backwards as the samurai cleaved down on him, he quickly recovered himself though and stood tall once more. As Jason's turn ended

Nathan

Jack glared at Nathan as his Attack force was destroyed
”My turn” he drew his card ”I summon Goblin Elite Attack Force” a crowd of goblins appeared this time in shining armour. ”Go Goblins destroy his Crusader” the goblins destroyed the beast-warrior. "Then they change to defence mode. Your turn"

Marin

Sharon  let out a frustrated sigh as she returned her dragon to the extra deck,
”Your turn”

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:41:06 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2015, 11:21:35 am »

Sol shrugs, and then grins. "Using Delteros to summon Altair from the deck in defense position, who grabs Deneb from the grave, also in defense, who will send my third Altair to my hand."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »

'Huh.  Grandsoil.  might be useful later on.'

"I banish M-X-Saber Invoker to special summon Gigantes.  Then normal summon Koa'ki Meiru Urnight and use its effect to special summon Koa'ki Meiru Speeder(?).  I overlay Gigantes, Koa'ki Meiru Sandman, and Koa'ki Meiru Speeder to XYZ summon Number 32:  Shark Drake.  Urnight!  Destroy his Elite Attack Force!"

After Urnight destroyed the attack force, Nathan ordered, "Shark Drake! attack and destroy Scrounging Goblin!"

After the Goblin was destroyed Nathan said, "I then detach Gigantes from Shark Drake to activate its ability, which brings your Scrounging Goblin back to the field in attack position, less 1000 attack."

When the goblin reappeared, Nathan said, "But that isn't all.  If the effect is used, then I am able to have Shark Drake attack that monster again!  Shark Drake!  Once more destroy Scrounging Goblin!"

When his opponent's life points stopped lowering, Nathan said, "I use Grandsoil the Elemental Lord to pay the maintainance cost of Urnight and end my turn."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:58:34 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »

"How 'bout I let you try again?  End turn," Marin said guilelessly. 

Spoiler: Cards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marin's Deck: 32 cards (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2015, 12:52:32 pm »

((Pretty sure my character is named Jacob, not Jason. Jason was the last one.  :P))

"I end my turn." Jacob states simply.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2015, 02:47:56 pm »

(Alright, so let's go about this differently...)

Instead of discarding Messengelato with Redox, Belle normal summoned Mewfueille, which let her Special Summon Messengelato from her hand, and add Chateau to hand. She overlaid Mew and Hootcakes into Leviair the Sea Dragon, and detached Mew to summon Anjelly from being banished. She used Anjelly's effect to send her to Grave and summon a Hootcakes from the Deck. Using Hootcakes to banish Anjelly (leaving Mew in the grave), she summoned an Anjelly. She overlaid the Anjelly and Messengelato into Tiaramisu, and detached the Anjelly to add itself and Mew to hand, while Special Summoning a Messengelato. Since Hootcakes was on the field, that added the last Chateau to her hand. And, of course, the effect of Tiaramisu shuffled Vena's two backrow into the Deck.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:04:22 am by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2015, 05:25:03 pm »

Sol

”I then summon Jurrac Guiba in attack mode” another hologram of a fiery dinosaur appeared, ”Go Guiba attack Deneb”

Jacob

((Sorry about that :p))

As it came to his turn he drew,  ”I summon Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 Ninishi, by her effect I can then summon an additional Karakuri monster this turn and I summon Kuick”
he took in a deep breath ”I then tune Kuick with Ninishi. Take witness to the great leader of the Karakuri and see his mechanical might, appear Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 Burei” the great mechanical warrior stood there but quickly moved into action ”I activate Burei's effect to summon a Karakuri monster from my deck, I summon Karakuri soldier mdl 236 Nisamu.”

Kurogane smiled slightly,
”That's not all though, I activate Burei's second effect, I can change one monster on the field's battle position and I choose your Shi-En”

Nathan

Jack snarled slightly, he drew
”I set one monster and one card face down. Your turn.”

Belle

Vena's smile did not fade as Belle summoned her xyz monster, she activated her face down card just before Tiramasu could return it to the deck.
”I activate the trap card phoenix wing wind blast, I send tour guide to the graveyard to send Tiramasu back to the deck.”

Marin

Sharon  drew her next card, looking at her opponent with a curious look in her eye.
”I summon strategist of the ice barrier, then I activate his effect by sending one Ice barrier monster from my hand to my graveyard I can draw one card.”

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:00:24 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2015, 05:33:35 pm »

Sol flips Compulsory Evacuation, and sends Guibla back to his hand! "I'd rather not, thanks."

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2015, 06:10:15 pm »

Belle smiled. "Good! I was worried this wouldn't be fun! But that's too late - she'll still add Anjelly and Mew to my hand, and since she doesn't target your cards, I can use it on your last backrow and your dragon, instead. They'll be sent back to the Deck." The detached Messengelato tossed the fairy and kitten into Belle's hand, then danced off to lead the highly confused dragon in a quick foxtrot back into the Deck, and tossing the Set card after it. "The Ticket will add a Messengelato to my hand, since I don't have a Fairy anymore... and since your field is empty, I'll have Leviair and Hootcakes attack you for 3800, and end my turn!" The dragon, not being a Madolche, roared forward to bite Vena, but the owl tossed a delicious cupcake at the enemy instead.

(This should be an accurate list of what her board looks like now, since things got interrupted.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:00:22 am by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »

Marin nods slightly.

OOC: Just a minor note, but Strategist's "send to graveyard" part of the effect is a cost, so you can say which specific card is sent when you activate his effect.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2015, 09:49:17 pm »

"Good move."Jacob kept his expression calm as he switched Shi En to Defense Mode. This might be the turning point of the duel, but he believed that his deck would let him come back. All he needed were Shinai and Mizuho. Or maybe Backs to the Wall. He would just have to weather one turn of direct attacks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:58:09 pm by Beirus »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2015, 04:32:55 pm »

'Might have a mirror force under there.  Better be careful'
"I shift Urnight to defense position and use its ability to special summon from my deck Koa'ki Meiru Guardian.  After that, I set two facedowns," Nathan said, the set cards being Koa'ki Meiru Speeder in defense and Nega-Ton Corepanel.

"Shark Drake!  Attack his facedown!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9