Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35768 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [6/?] - Back in Black
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2015, 12:56:14 pm »

Amalia had gone from being as chatty and energetic as usual to being worryingly silent... and upon looking at the young psyker, one would see that she had broken into a cold sweat. Some rather horrific thoughts were surging to the fore unbidden (memories of That Place) and they had her locked into a silent misery, hemmed in by the suffocating remnants of past experiences.

It took Artho's suspicious "Amalia, the hell are you so quiet f--" to jolt Amalia into breaking the silence. First she made something of a strangled gasping sound, and then she began to babble. "Something-- something is up, something's going on, I don't know what, but something is very very very wrong!" She nervously put a hand to her temple and began looking around at the walls, trying to detect whatever was causing this.

Spoiler: Psyniscience (click to show/hide)
You focus on the fabric of reality around you. Usually, you can feel the resonance of a Gellar field while on a voidship: a complex rhythm of psychic pulses emanating from the generator, too fast to comprehend in realtime - you're not entirely sure if it's even in one temporal dimension. To your supernatural senses, it's instantly recognizable, though. This time, something seems amiss with it: there's another, perhaps even stronger beat - simple and regular, unlike the usual rhythm - disrupting the field. It seems to be mostly functional despite it, but with each pulse, you can feel eddies of the Immaterium seeping into realspace. What's worse, it seems to be getting stronger.

================================Diego and Viverde

Kimmirel shakes her head as if trying to dislodge something. "There's this... There's a hole. There's a hole somewhere, and it's talking through it. Saying... saying those things. It does not need to, we're lost anyway. It does it just because it can, because it knows all about me. It craves us. It's found a hole. It's found a hole."
She sinks slowly to the floor, sitting down against a container wall.

================================Marn

Driving along, you spot Viverde, Diego, and the Tamerian sniper to the side of your intended route. The sniper is sitting down for some reason.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2015, 01:06:33 pm »

The strange ambiance nearly passes unnoticed by the commissar's scrambled mind, but... "What is going on? What is wrong?" Bartolomeu asks, reflexively drawing both sword and bolt pistol and raising the latter as if to aim it at Amalia's head any moment. Then, as if being suddenly hit with realization, he picks up the vox. "++Commissar Polevykh? Are you still on the line?++"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2015, 01:22:46 pm »

Marn pulls the chimera up alongside the trio and stops the vehicle, keeping the engine running.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2015, 01:26:06 pm »

- Get into Chimera, Kimmerel. We are in a hurry.

Grab her hand and urge her to get into Chimera. Drag her if necessary.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:35:45 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 22, 2015, 02:11:33 pm »

Amalia clenched her teeth and stared harder at the wall before gasping out a: "The Gellar field! The Gellar field! There's something messing with the Gellar field! It-- it's not broken, it still works, but there's something else THERE, there's another pulse, and it's getting stronger!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2015, 02:33:17 pm »

"By the Emperor. Bastardos!" Bartolomeu first performed the aquila then yelled, proceeding to pop his head out of the Chimera's rear hatch. "Get inside unless you want to be eaten by the Warp itself! NOW!" Following that, the overweight political officer knocks on the metal wall separating the passenger and crew compartment with the pommel of his sword. "Trooper Marn, I want something after everyone gets inside. Get us QUICKLY to the camp but if you floor it and crash on something I will have your head."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2015, 02:50:29 pm »

"Yessir!"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 22, 2015, 05:27:12 pm »

'The warp...?' Viverde blurted out, blinking. He looked at the babbling sniper. He looked at the withdrawing head of the frantic senior Commissar. He got the hell in the vehicle.

Board! Help drag Kimmel into the Chimera. Keep bolt pistol ready in case she needs some executing. Or if our psyker does, because, you know, totally getting eaten by the Warp.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 22, 2015, 07:47:01 pm »

Hit by yet another moment of sudden realization that he was forgetting something, Bartolomeu turned to the newcomer priest. "Oh, welcome. I am Lieutenant-Commissar Bartolomeu Denos and we're currently facing a problem that might be disastrous. Make the squad your acquaintance." he says before turning his attention back to the vox-caster.
>Yes?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 22, 2015, 10:00:42 pm »

"How may the servant of the God Emperor be of service to you? With word or with sword?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 22, 2015, 10:53:16 pm »

"We don't need any talking except a response from the vox. If you see a daemon appearing out of thin air, stab it. Repeatedly." Bartolomeu replies helpfully without taking his attention from the vox-caster.
>Yes?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2015, 01:53:08 pm »

The strange ambiance nearly passes unnoticed by the commissar's scrambled mind, but... "What is going on? What is wrong?" Bartolomeu asks, reflexively drawing both sword and bolt pistol and raising the latter as if to aim it at Amalia's head any moment. Then, as if being suddenly hit with realization, he picks up the vox. "++Commissar Polevykh? Are you still on the line?++"
"++No, I'm en route to the Navigator's quarters - that's my standard procedure for realspace transitions, except that this time Toran didn't even warn me about it. I'll request reassignment, I swear...++" It seems that she tried for anger, but managed only weary resignation. "++Hopefully, he'll have put his thugs on hold.++"

==========================================Everyone

Diego helps Kimmirel, who sort of stumbles along, almost collapsing on one of the seats. Viverde boards after them, keeping an eye on the sniper. Her eyes meet Amalia's, and she smiles weakly. "You hear it too?"
Marn puts the pedal to the floor and the Chimera lurches forward.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 23, 2015, 02:13:33 pm »

- Keep it to yourself, Kimmerel, or I swear by Throne I'll gag your heathen mouth. We will enter Imperial space in a few minutes, last that long, will you?

Wait till we get to the camp, I guess.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

The commissar stares at Kimmerel's seemingly sympathetic attitude towards Amalia and the question she poses. He shakes his head and gets back to the vox. "++I was just told by the psyker under my command that the Gellar Field is either weakening or under assault, or both, and whatever is disrupting it is getting stronger. She is usually carefree, but she is desperate and dead serious right now.++" Bartolomeu says over the vox, falling silent for a few seconds to let the weight of the message fully sink in. "++Commissar Polevykh, I advise you to find a safe location, preferably close to you and with more people nearby.++"
>Yes?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2015, 04:15:47 pm »

The commissar stares at Kimmerel's seemingly sympathetic attitude towards Amalia and the question she poses. He shakes his head and gets back to the vox. "++I was just told by the psyker under my command that the Gellar Field is either weakening or under assault, or both, and whatever is disrupting it is getting stronger. She is usually carefree, but she is desperate and dead serious right now.++" Bartolomeu says over the vox, falling silent for a few seconds to let the weight of the message fully sink in. "++Commissar Polevykh, I advise you to find a safe location, preferably close to you and with more people nearby.++"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
=============================================Everyone (except Marn, Amalia and Inigo)
=============================================Marn

=============================================Amalia

=============================================Inigo
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27