Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35778 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Vehicular and narrative shenanigans
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2015, 07:48:22 am »

Emil just keeps on running.
Keep on current heading.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2015, 09:44:39 am »

Get out, draw blade. If the container has another exit, head around to cover that, otherwise, approach the door... warily.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2015, 03:29:21 pm »

Poise spins the gun turret around quickly, getting it to point at the door. "He comes out, I can ventilate him. Doubt he'll survive the experience, though."

Viverde hops out through the back hatch and runs to check the other side of the container, drawing his sword as he moves. Indeed, there's another door on the other side, which shuts at the sound of the commissar's footsteps. There's a sound like something heavy is being dragged across the floor.

Bartolomeu's various respiratory problems continue. His mind is torn between attributing them to a xenofungus infestation in his lungs and trying to warn his troops about the deadly neurotoxin in the air. After careful consideration, he decides that it must be the fungus, because nobody else seems to be having the cough.

Amalia and Emil finally make it to the container, followed by Loggin as closely as his stubby legs allow. The ratling seems to have mostly recovered from being shot.

Diego manhandles the acrobat, who mumbles weakly and bleeds all over their collective uniforms.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2015, 02:25:01 pm »

"Can someone convince the grox-brained shooter to get out of the container and surrender himself before he is executed? I say we have already spilled enough Imperial blood for today due to these matters and I would rather see them judged - and most likely sent to a penal regiment." the Commissar says as he finally leaves the Chimera to reunite with the rest of the troopers. "Loggin, can you give that trooper at least a few shouts and maybe take some information from them?"

"You can seek cover and the support of one of the troopers before doing so." He thoughtfully adds before turning to Diego. "Trooper, you and your loader must take that man to the Medicae. If the sharpshooter decides his life is forfeit then we should at least have one person to interrogate."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »

- Right away, commissar. Go ahead, Maria, call out medics to come towards me while I bring him. By Emperor's grace, I hope this one won't attempt to kick or stab me, at least.

Diego grunts and starts walking towards Medicae disposition, bringing the wounded acrobat along, while Maria runs ahead to call out a medical brigade.
"We were giving them a lot of work lately, weren't we. And on the top of it, we cannot even send their pitiful souls away to the eternal bliss of the Golden Throne, for they are... at least they are supposed to be our comrades in arms."

Soaking blood runs down on Diego's boot, making metal under his feet slippery wherever he steps. That makes him go a bit slower, not to mention it makes him feel disgusted by the filth spoiling his uniform, thoroughly washed just a day ago. Now there is no chance he'll manage to clean it up before landing, and facing new world and new foes in such a filthy garment is a complete disgrace. For Tamerians maybe it's appropriate, but not for Barrablancans.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:58:26 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2015, 03:53:56 pm »

Marn tries to get the intercomm working, and should he do so he hands the mike to the commissar. If he is in range, anyways.
Poise, meanwhile, keeps that autocannon aimed.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2015, 10:20:06 am »

Viverde edged a little closer, holding his sword ready. It didn't seem like the trooper inside was intent on coming out, though.

'Trooper! I am a Commissar of the Imperial Guard! We have had enough bloodshed. Come out and surrender and I promise you will not be harmed! You and your comrades will be treated according to Imperial justice!' he shouted. 'It is more than you can expect from the armsmen of the ship.'

Spoiler: Command Roll (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2015, 12:53:06 pm »

Having little to lose, Bartolomeu tries to sweet talk the sniper out of his hideout so he may be taken to Imperial Justice. Of course he does that from behind cover - he's not stupid. "It is over, trooper! Lay down your weapons and surrender so that appropriate judgment for your actions may be delivered. Do not pick the quicker path out of this; the Emperor may yet see use in your service."

The Commissar then turns to his companions. "Do not fire upon him if he surrenders!" He shoots a particularly nasty look at a spot of the Chimera's hull, roughly where Marn should be. If nasty staring was as powerful as meltas, he'd have burned right through the armor.

No one attacks the enemy trooper if he surrenders.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:02:40 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2015, 03:48:11 pm »

The Commissars deliver their threats and promises. After that, a short silence follows, then Loggin yells, "Kimmy, ya rabid grox-fondling bitch! Listen to some good advice fer a change, eh? Rod's done for, get out while ya can!" There's some scraping, and then a raspy but identifiably female voice. "Frak you, Loggin! You never had the guts, I told him so!" Loggin grins. "Well, guess what, unless you come out, you won't either." There's another period of silence, then the sound of something being dragged away. The door opens. A long-las is tossed out, then a pistol. Then Corporal Kimmirel herself - a short, bony woman with a shock of unkempt black hair and a disgusted expression - comes out the door with her hands raised.

Marn gets the already-warmed vox ready to transmit, and hands the speakerphone to Denos, a tentative expression on his face. Poise distresses Kimmy with the autocannon.

Somewhere close to the Barrablancan gate, the medicos intercept Diego, taking the weakly-twitching Tamerian off him, and assuring him that he'll probably live. They look worried, more so than usual - the prospect of an inter-regimental war isn't exactly comforting.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 04:12:30 am by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2015, 04:20:06 pm »

Bartolomeu lifts an eyebrow in confusion as he takes the speakerphone from Marn. "Something wrong, trooper?" he inquires before looking at Kimmy, putting a hand on his hip and shouting orders at the Commissarial squad; not aggressively to take out his anger at them, but loud enough so they can hear him, his usual tone slightly off thanks to his irritation. "Take her weapons and restrain her. I am on the verge of a headache and I would rather not be bothered by one on top of everything that has already happened so far. If a full-blown conflict erupts between our regiments, having both be reclassified into penal ones should be the least of your worries."

"Any news of further problems that happened? Did the camp contact us?"
he adds to Marn and Poise.
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2015, 04:27:10 pm »

"Ah, no sir. Thought you might want to use it in ordering the sniper out, tad late for it though... May wish to contact the vessels captain though..."

Poise, meanwhile, safes the autocannon.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2015, 04:34:41 pm »

"Why, trooper Marn, would I have to contact the vessel's captain? Do we happen to have caused a hull breach or damaged part of the ship?" the Commissar asks, his face slowly getting redder by the moment.
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 15, 2015, 04:35:54 pm »

"Someone probably called them about fighting aboard their vessel..."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2015, 04:51:13 pm »

Diego gladly hands over the tamerian to Medicae. That is literally a weight off his shoulders.
He looks at his bloodstained clothes in silent disgust of aristocrat. He seeks for some water to wash the blood off his hands at least, while asking Maria to look after tamerian being carried away and stand by him so him won't slip away to his regiment after recovery before commissar has a word with him. Afterwards he heads back to the sniper capture scene. He adresses to commissar when appropriate:

- That tamerian I brought to Medicae will probably live, my commissar. He lost a lot of blood, but was still twitching when I handed him over. Maria is looking after his recovery right now, just in case he is actually better off than we though and would try to slip away from us.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2015, 04:58:14 pm »

"Someone called them? ...Someone." Bartolomeu tries to restrain himself, his voice keeping about the same level but his eyes a moment away from betraying the growing mix of anger and exasperation within him.

Getting the captain of a ship involved is bad news unless it's used as a last resort, what with their commands being second only to the Emperor's to the crew in most vessels, added to the fact he could decide both regiments needed some hard vacuum to cool down. The Guard's higher-ups probably wouldn't be able to do much besides complaining politely and recovering military equipment both Barrablancan and Tamerian corpses. "And how would you happen to know that? How angry did he sound?"

- That tamerian I brought to Medicae will probably live, my commissar. He lost a lot of blood, but was still twitching when I handed him over. Maria is looking after his recovery right now, just in case he is actually better off than we though and would try to slip away from us.

"Acknowledged. Help the rest of the troopers with our prisoner."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27