Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35792 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - De-Feeting Intensifies
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

"Ill keep trying to shake him off, you keep trying to shoot him. Perhaps Diego can help... I wonder why hes here anyways."
Drive wildly, smashing against this or that, quick stops, quick starts, all the while getting closer to where Diego was.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2015, 03:07:19 pm »

- What, by Emperor, is the matter with Marn?! - Diego exclaims unconciously while trying to move to a safer position, evading Chimera ramming around and trying to keep out of marksmans' sight.
By the end of that sequence, he'll try to shoot either Tamerian bugging the armor (but only if there is no chance he can hit Poise by accident) or the marksman.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:39:13 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2015, 04:37:40 pm »

"Greenskins on the ship? I, uh, I don't really think so."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2015, 08:02:12 pm »

- What, by Emperor, is the matter with Marn?! - Diego exclaims unconciously while trying to move to a safer position, evading Chimera ramming around and trying to keep out of marksmans' sight.
By the end of that sequence, he'll try to shoot either Tamerian bugging the armor (but only if there is no chance he can hit Poise by accident) or the marksman.
Just as you pull the trigger, Marn jinks again, and your shot only leaves a pockmark on the armor. You watch Marn drive into the container you're hiding behind - the bugger disengages and hides on its northern side - then before you can react, another one emerges from cover and dives behind your container - on the southern side - before taking a shot at the Chimera with his melta, leaving an ugly burn on the side and bursting a coolant line in the track assembly. ((map below))

"Ill keep trying to shake him off, you keep trying to shoot him. Perhaps Diego can help... I wonder why hes here anyways."
Drive wildly, smashing against this or that, quick stops, quick starts, all the while getting closer to where Diego was.
Now things begin to go rather wrong. As you jink and sway this way and that, you pick out a container you particularly dislike and aim to sideswipe it, but instead hit it head-on. The wall crumples around the Chimera, and it half-enters the container. You're not sure whether the dude is still hanging on. You throw the Chimera into reverse and Poise takes a quick peek out a firing slot.

"Looks like he's off."

Suddenly there's a bang and a sizzling noise, and the temperature rises considerably. There's a smell of ozone and burning rubber. Poise rushes over to the right side, struggles with a slot for a second before opening another, and yells,
"He's got a melta!"
Having dispensed this information, she climbs back into the turret and begins frantically trying to bring it to bear.
The vox croaks and comes online.
--------------------

Grab a trooper outside and send him to find the stormie off with the Ratlings, tell him to return and leave them to it.
The two of them return while everybody else is looking for a pallet. The trooper informs you that he's found two ratlings he was willing to trust halfway, and sort of persuaded them to help. Another trooper puts a finger to his commbead, listens for a few seconds, then says something to the others and they depart, citing something that's come up for now, but they tell you to find them if or when things begin to look really bad.
When you arrive to the hangar, you wonder if this is what "really bad" looks like in this context.

After some time thinking about the situation, Bartholomew got to a simple conclusion: the more evidence they had against Scrivener Yensdottir before pressing charges, the better. In the worst scenario, her superior was also involved and discovering it in advance from "Sergeant" Rodric's mouth would certainly help. They should probably try to recover their trooper and find the Tamerian scumbag before confronting the clerk. "Stay safe and thank you for your assistance, Captain Terrez. I will continue my investigations." he says before turning on the heels of his polished boots and leaving the tent.

"Viverde, please quickly contact our Colonel and politely request him that any honor matters, punishments and executions from this moment on should be put on hold. Consider this a lockdown during an investigation since I would rather avoid having any evidence disappear before the whole truth comes to light." The political officer knows he may be going slightly overboard since trying to aggressively "erase evidence" in a regiment like the Barrablancans would be a rather stupid move on the side of a criminal since it'd only provide the Commissar with more clues and harsher charges to press. If they caught wind of his investigation, they would most likely decide to lay low and wait until the dust settled... Still, a healthy dose of paranoia never hurt anyone.

He gestures for the Tamerian troopers to resume carrying the box of booze whilst under the squad's watch. Leaving it anywhere else would be too big a liability in his opinion, though he should come up with an idea to make things easier. Maybe storing it or just getting a cart from somewhere. The hangar may have one handy, and talking of which... "Where is trooper Marn? Trooper Diego should already have found and dragged him back. We are heading to the hangar next to find them."

Head to the hangar to find Marn. Before heading to our Chimera's location, get an appropriate cart and put the booze box on it.
After a visit to the cogboys, who make camp not far from Terrez' tent, you become the proud owner, or at least operator, of a float pallet loaded with booze. The pallet is programmed to behave almost exactly like a servoskull - you suspect its cogitator array is identical to the contents of one. It hovers unobtrusively behind your shoulder, making soft clinking noises. After that, you hand the Tamerian troopers over for confinement and the platoon sets off for the hangar.

The sight you're treated to when you arrive makes you want to strangle somebody. The Chimera is stuck in a container wall. Diego is crouching behind that same container. There's a dude with a melta ruining the paintjob. Why the warp can't these people be left alone for three minutes?

Maria runs up to you, motioning for you to get into cover, indicating a sniper to the northwest. The party gets behind a convenient crate(( that totally didn't just appear out of nowhere.))

Spoiler: Map for everybody (click to show/hide)

Everybody: dance now roll Initiative
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:40:16 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Vehicular and narrative shenanigans
« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2015, 08:35:06 pm »

Charge the nearest man and perform a takedown.

1d10+3=13, 1d10+3=11

Result initiative 13.

(( Am I close enough to charge and takedown in 1 turn? ))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:39:44 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2015, 10:20:21 pm »

Amalia looked conspiratorially at Commissar Denos, whispering to him... but also to everyone else in the group by dint of volume.
"Hey, Commissar Denos. Maybe I can try to stop them, by, like... threatening to melt their brains out!"
"I mean. I can't actually do that but they don't know that right?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2015, 11:40:15 am »

Bartolomeu lets out a deep, strangled groan that makes it sound like he's trying to suppress his frustration at coming back to such a scene. "Maybe if you had already displayed some psychic powers or looked the part of a crazy witch. I doubt they will believe you, so stick to weapons." he manages to reply to Amalia in between teeth.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2015, 11:53:02 am »

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2015, 11:58:15 am »

"Finally, took long enough... Calling all units on this channel, this is the 5th platoon of the 16th recon, we are under attack by unknown aggressors within the cargo hold. Aggressors are human, armed with Melta weaponry. I say again, this is the 5th platoon's command vehicle, requesting aid in the cargo hold, we are under attack."
 Drive over to the big old group of people, to provide mobile cover and to give Poise a clear shot.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2015, 12:05:29 pm »

- Marn is going to places Emperor preserves me from attending for this, probably.

Stay put, if some hostile tamerian is in my sight, shoot him.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2015, 01:25:03 pm »

"Wait for 'em to come to me before I attack..."
Amalia mutters to herself and puts one hand on the handle of her gun, wrapping her amulet around the other hand and standing there, halfway staring off into space. Nonetheless, she does appear to at least be listening to what's going on.
Defensive Stance-- that means two reactions for evasion, and both are used with a fettered Foreboding if shot at-- a ~~psychic~~ dodge with the DC of 42.
Initiative of 5.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2015, 01:36:56 pm »

'Commissar, I think those men are Guardsmen,' Viverde whispered, drawing his weapon, 'Should we not attempt to get them to... desist and drop their weapons?'

Initiative: [3+4=7] (as Invisiblecastle is down, I went for Random.org - if you want to roll for me on your own, go ahead)

Ready Weapon (Bolt Pistol). Follow Commissar Denos, do as he do-eth unles other orders are received.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2015, 01:37:30 pm »

The political officer's face quickly takes a mild shade of crimson as he keeps his teeth firmly clenched in an amazing attempt at self-control. "Loggin, tell them to lay down their weapons and give up. Right. Now. My patience has already gone to the Warp and back." he quietly whispers to the ratling, pressing his back against their impromptu cover.

He takes a moment to consider what may possibly happen to make the scenario even worse, before roaring out to both address the aggressors and incite his troops. "I am Lieutenant-Commissar Bartolomeu Denos, here with the Commissarial Platoon! Put your weapons down and surrender. By the Emperor's Wrath I swear we shall bring swift retribution if you refuse to comply. Warriors of the Imperium, go forth and put down all those who resist!"

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:39:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2015, 12:30:17 am »

Initiative: 1d10+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Emil's face breaks into a small smirk as he pulls out his lasgun and aims for his foe, lining up a shot.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:37:32 am by Gamerlord »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2015, 05:38:20 pm »

Tristan advances toward the melta-wielding guy at full tilt, covering about half tge distance between them.
Emi takes careful aim at the same melta guy, breathing slowly and calmly.
Loggin walks into the open, shouting "Stand down! Jonas, that you?! Stand the hell down, the commissar's onto Rodric already anyway? Save your...
At this point a lasbolt from the sniper takes him in the stomach, dropping him on the floor. He doesn't bother getting up, instead retreating back into cover like a snake.
Diego prepares to engage whoever appears to attack him, and soon the daring acrobat from before pops out of cover,firing first. His shot goes horribly wide, though. Diego replies, not hitting much of anything either.
Marn gives the accelerator pedal a kick, and the Chimera springs toward the rest of the party, and right over the man with the melta, who dodges just barely - then Poise shoots him, throwing him to the ground bleeding. The vehicle is now between Tristan and the enemy. The vox responds in an annoyed, vaguely-aristocratic drawl: "This is Captain Toran, commanding this ship. My assesment is that with a probability of approximately 97.8 percent you mudslogger scum have gotten into a squabble with each other over whatever it is that you usually squabble over... However, for the sake of the remaining 2.2 percent, I am dispatching my armsmen to your bay. I shall also add that I am severely irritated with being reminded of your existence. I shall expect a full explanation for this, or somebody might regret it."
The commissars dispense suitably dramatic spiel while Amalia concentrates her prophetic powers, feeling a bead of cold sweat run down her forehead.

Spoiler: Map for everybody (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:39:55 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27