Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35793 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - De-Feeting Intensifies
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2015, 05:01:03 pm »

" What else did you see in the Tamarians camp? Besides a trooper in need of a good smack. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2015, 05:04:12 pm »

" What else did you see in the Tamarians camp? Besides a trooper in need of a good smack. "
General disorder. Apparently, some people even tried to mug them and one of them is now missing his watch.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2015, 05:14:03 pm »

" Any sign at all of a unit that's kept its order? They can't all have collapsed surely. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »

" Any sign at all of a unit that's kept its order? They can't all have collapsed surely. "
They seemed to obey their officers, but the athmosphere there is unhealthy. But that was to be expected.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »

" So the officers are the problem. Well that can be dealt with but not our job. "
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2015, 06:30:16 pm »

"Can you get the bugger if you pop the top hatch?"
Drive in such a way as to try to knock the guy off, likely by sideswiping a container stack.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »

"No it is not, the smell is just against my preferences. I will have to investigate this matter more before confronting the clerk... I will also try to do so without involving your name as a precaution." Bartholomew calmly replies before following up with a question. "Can you tell me anything more about her, such as if she seems particularly manipulative or apparently hold more power than she should?" Turning to the arrivals afterwards, he moves closer to both the trooper and the other commissar, moving his gazee between them. "I see. Viverde, your report?"

Let us hear Pinel and her report on what happened.

GM Information check: how much does Denos know about the ship's captain and is there a way to contact either him or the Navy's Commissar in the ship? Does the clerk have a superior or superiors Denos can talk to?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:34:15 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2015, 10:35:40 am »

When brother and sister come close enough to deceased to figure out he is that way, Diego whispers a short prayer, followed by a curse when the lasbolt lands at his feet. When they notice Chimera movements and Tamerian trying to do something with Chimeras' side, Diego's eyes suddenly open so wide they resemble small plates. They might have some of these melta charges other Tamerians used to go through containers earlier. Chimera maneuvers look rather menacing, though, so:

Take cover, preferably out of Chimeras' estimated movement trajectory, if succeeded, then try to spot the shooter. Then send Maria to Denos to report emergency cituation we have.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2015, 12:47:34 pm »

Viverde nodded and lowered his tone not to be overheard by the common troopers. 'I informed the colonel of our investigation. He... contacted the Tamerian Commissar, but it would appear the man is not... fit for his task. We will likely not have much help from him. If things are as bad as the Colonel implied - I see no other option than to request an investigation and replacement from the Sector Commissariat. We cannot afford to have an incompetent compromise the discipline of a frontline regiment,' he said. 'I hope, of course, that the man's problems are not quite so severe and we may yet help him fulfill his duty properly. I do not want to believe the Commissariat could produce a... failure.'

'And your investigation, Commissar? What did the Captain have to say?'

Hear Pinel out.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2015, 12:55:08 pm »

"Captain Terrez does not seem to be the person we are looking for. I cannot discard any possibility, but his version of the facts seem to conform to what I expected and he gave me valuable information." he replies.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2015, 12:14:56 pm »

"No it is not, the smell is just against my preferences. I will have to investigate this matter more before confronting the clerk... I will also try to do so without involving your name as a precaution. Can you tell me anything more about her, such as if she seems particularly or apparently hold more power than she should?" Bartholomew calmly replies before following up with a question. "Can you tell me anything more about her, such as if she seems particularly or apparently hold more power than she should?" Turning to the arrivals afterwards, he moves closer to both the trooper and the other commissar, moving his gazee between them. "I see. Viverde, your report?"

Let us hear Pinel and her report on what happened.

GM Information check: how much does Denos know about the ship's captain and is there a way to contact either him or the Navy's Commissar in the ship? Does the clerk have a superior or superiors Denos can talk to?

y
"Well, I suppose not. I mean, her position is high enough to afford her a degree of power. She supervizes the Munitorum requisition records for the Guard contingent here, and bosses around about twenty ex-Guardsmen drones for that aim.

((Pinel's report is in Viverde's update only, for brevity reasons. Obviously, you get it too.))

Viverde nodded and lowered his tone not to be overheard by the common troopers. 'I informed the colonel of our investigation. He... contacted the Tamerian Commissar, but it would appear the man is not... fit for his task. We will likely not have much help from him. If things are as bad as the Colonel implied - I see no other option than to request an investigation and replacement from the Sector Commissariat. We cannot afford to have an incompetent compromise the discipline of a frontline regiment,' he said. 'I hope, of course, that the man's problems are not quite so severe and we may yet help him fulfill his duty properly. I do not want to believe the Commissariat could produce a... failure.'

'And your investigation, Commissar? What did the Captain have to say?'

Hear Pinel out.
The woman shifts her weight from one leg to another nervously. "Um. Sir. I was told you would like to hear this. It's about the AWOL thing. It's like this: me and troopers Sigala and Zea, we share a tent usually, see, and last night Zea, he went to take a leak, pardon me - woke Marco, that is trooper Sigala, up accidentally - and then he didn't return for like fifteen minutes, and that was strange, sir, because our tent's right near the tunnels where that crew privy is. Shouldn't have taken him more than five minutes to come back. And trooper Sigala got a hunch, so he woke me and we went to check on him. Ran into some frakkers in the tunnels - they were carrying him, I saw that - then they set their Ogryn on us. We hurt it some, it went rabid, then we spent the rest of the night playing hide-and-seek with it in the tunnels. 'Bout an hour ago it lost us for some reason, and then the stormies found us." She coughs and looks aside. "I mean... we didn't intend to go missing, sir. It's just that first it decided to camp on our way back, and then we kept trying to catch up with those others to get Zea back, and then it frakked up Marco's arm, and we kinda lost track of time. And they still have Zea...

When brother and sister come close enough to deceased to figure out he is that way, Diego whispers a short prayer, followed by a curse when the lasbolt lands at his feet. When they notice Chimera movements and Tamerian trying to do something with Chimeras' side, Diego's eyes suddenly open so wide they resemble small plates. They might have some of these melta charges other Tamerians used to go through containers earlier. Chimera maneuvers look rather menacing, though, so:

Take cover, preferably out of Chimeras' estimated movement trajectory, if succeeded, then try to spot the shooter. Then send Maria to Denos to report emergency cituation we have.

You take another lasround, which fails to penetrate your kneepad, before scrambling back behind your container. Now you're pretty sure where it has come from, and another quick peek reveals the shooter - a figure with a long-las lying flat on another container about ninety meters away.
Maria nods and slinks off, moving quickly from cover to cover.
The Tamerian's still hanging on to the Chimera despite Marn's efforts to shake him, trying to open the top hatch melting the lock with his pistol.
There's some scrambling behind the container the Chimera just slammed into.

"Can you get the bugger if you pop the top hatch?"
Drive in such a way as to try to knock the guy off, likely by sideswiping a container stack.
"I would, but it looks like the bugger's trying to open the hatch himself! Has a nade, looks like. Try to shake him off, I'll try to get him through the firing ports!
You execute a pinwheel turn into the container in front of you, scraping it with your side, but the bugger is hanging on grimly, unharmed by the maneuver. You hear Poise scrambling down from the turret behind you, then a laspistol shot.
"Ack. Bit to the left and I would have bubbled his brains, not the paint on his helmet. He's trying to pistol the hatch open. I dunno how I feel about opening the firing port again now that he knows 'bout them."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2015, 12:43:11 pm »

'You have only done your duty, trooper, have no fear,' Viverde said. 'We found and subdued the Ogryn while searching for you. It's here in the camp under guard. You say you tracked those who took Zea? Do you know where they could have taken him?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »

'You have only done your duty, trooper, have no fear,' Viverde said. 'We found and subdued the Ogryn while searching for you. It's here in the camp under guard. You say you tracked those who took Zea? Do you know where they could have taken him?'
She grins. "No question about that. They went to the Hickhouse, er, meaning the Tamerian bay. We got to the outskirts of the place before the Ogryn chased us away again."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 03, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »

Grab a trooper outside and send him to find the stormie off with the Ratlings, tell him to return and leave them to it.
Caine's law.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2015, 02:04:46 am »

After some time thinking about the situation, Bartholomew got to a simple conclusion: the more evidence they had against Scrivener Yensdottir before pressing charges, the better. In the worst scenario, her superior was also involved and discovering it in advance from "Sergeant" Rodric's mouth would certainly help. They should probably try to recover their trooper and find the Tamerian scumbag before confronting the clerk. "Stay safe and thank you for your assistance, Captain Terrez. I will continue my investigations." he says before turning on the heels of his polished boots and leaving the tent.

"Viverde, please quickly contact our Colonel and politely request him that any honor matters, punishments and executions from this moment on should be put on hold. Consider this a lockdown during an investigation since I would rather avoid having any evidence disappear before the whole truth comes to light." The political officer knows he may be going slightly overboard since trying to aggressively "erase evidence" in a regiment like the Barrablancans would be a rather stupid move on the side of a criminal since it'd only provide the Commissar with more clues and harsher charges to press. If they caught wind of his investigation, they would most likely decide to lay low and wait until the dust settled... Still, a healthy dose of paranoia never hurt anyone.

He gestures for the Tamerian troopers to resume carrying the box of booze whilst under the squad's watch. Leaving it anywhere else would be too big a liability in his opinion, though he should come up with an idea to make things easier. Maybe storing it or just getting a cart from somewhere. The hangar may have one handy, and talking of which... "Where is trooper Marn? Trooper Diego should already have found and dragged him back. We are heading to the hangar next to find them."

Head to the hangar to find Marn. Before heading to our Chimera's location, get an appropriate cart and put the booze box on it.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27