Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35811 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »

"...yeah. Sure."
Amalia's glare has not subsided.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2015, 08:10:38 pm »

Emil glances at the floor, at his sword, at anything but Amalia.

I just wanted to apologise... That was extremely innappropriate of me and I am very sorry for doing so, it's just that I'm surrounded by women who if I so much as glance at them they'll smash my skull in with their lasgun and you seem far less threatening so...
Wait a second, what was her job again? Aide to the commissar or something? Damnit I knew I should have been listening when they introduced when she arrived!

He scratches the back of his head again.
Actually now that I think about it you're the least terrifying attractive woman I've been around since I joined the priesthood; I mean, with the Sororitas and Guardswomen... Sorry I'm rambling. Again I'm very sorry.

((Yeah I figured that Emil really wouldn't be paying attention when she was introduced so he might not know that she is a psyker and therefore capable of melting his brain out through his ears.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:21 pm »

Amalia raises a hand to scratch her face-- oh, dear. There's a sanctioned psyker brand near her eye.
"Right. . .you're saying I'm not as capable as the others?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2015, 09:05:44 pm »

'You seem to have discovered something as well, sir?'

"A dispatch officer delivered me a note - theoretically from Captain Terrez - that told me of a situation with missing men and also asked me a favor. I discovered the box the communique asked me to have some troopers take to his tent has contraband - amasec, more specifically - and that the man he got it from is a sergeant of the Tamerian regiment, who betrayed him and sent a squad to retrieve the goods."

"The Tamerians had some info about the disappeared people and trooper Loggin"
he gestures towards the Tamerian ratling "has mentioned a certain corporal Kimmirel, who I assume may be Kimmy. He told me said corporal, someone named Bertha and more people returned after some 'skulking' with a sack that seemed to hold one of ours, either unconscious or dead. We must warn the colonel about this inter-regiment problem and contact the other regiment's commissar(s). Before anything else, we should assess the captain's guilt. He either had his authority usurped or was foolish enough to point me right in the direction of contraband. Talk to the colonel while I will search for the dispatch officer who gave me this note then head to the captain's tent. Join me after you are done in case things go bad."

"Where is Tristan? I allowed him to be with you but told him to come to me if anything that called for my attention happened." he asks, noticing the stormtrooper is nowhere to be found.

Check around for the dispatch officer who delivered the note and ask him whether it was delivered personally to him by Cpt.Terrez. The officer being found or not, head to Terrez's tent and call him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2015, 09:10:46 pm »

Tristan walks to the command tent and stops to salute Denos.

" Has the commissar filled you in sir? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2015, 09:52:54 pm »

Amalia raises a hand to scratch her face-- oh, dear. There's a sanctioned psyker brand near her eye.
"Right. . .you're saying I'm not as capable as the others?"
Emil, in a stunning display of obliviousness keeps his gaze locked firmly onto Amalia's eyes.
They are quite a pretty shade aren't they?
No not at all! You just seem a lot less ill-tempered and violent than them!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:12 pm »

" Has the commissar filled you in sir? "

Bartolomeu turns his attention to Tristan. "It seems so. Now starts the crucible of finding out the guilty and punishing them whilst avoiding possible bloody conflict between the regiments as soon as what happened comes to light."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2015, 10:09:21 pm »

" A few brothers of mine will be along shortly, I'd suggest we collect the Tamarians involved and bring them here. Have them judged and punished publically.

It'll calm the men to see justice done.

But Bertha I think we should try to have transferred to us, she was following orders she didn't understand what she was doing and she's tough even for an Ogryn. We could use her. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2015, 10:13:09 pm »

"Rrrright..."
Amalia put her hand to her chin.
"That... isn't an insult, sooo I guess I'l let you off this time... just don't look at my chest again."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2015, 10:18:24 pm »

"A few brothers of mine will be along shortly, I'd suggest we collect the Tamarians involved and bring them here. Have them judged and punished publically.

It'll calm the men to see justice done."
"The commissar just said 'while avoiding conflict between the regiments'. You all heard that, right? I'm not imagining things?"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2015, 10:20:16 pm »

" Let them off without punishment and both regiments will be dead before we reach the planet. The men won't accept it. "
Caine's law.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2015, 10:40:39 pm »

"So Bertha is the Ogryn's name. Good to know. Ogryns are generally not too smart and prone to following orders of whoever they think it's their commander. Their punishment should be differentiated but they should still be made to understand that following the orders of their peers made them commit a crime in the eyes of the Emperor. I will deal with that later."

"Your suggestion has been duly noted. I never said I would leave them without punishment and my task would be better taken care of if you did not make assumptions or endeavor to make it harder. Keep to your normal duties."
he replies to Tristan. He already has his hands full without his bellicose bodyguard trying to convince him to make things worse.
>Yes?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2015, 01:15:22 am »

Yes ma'am!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2015, 05:43:26 pm »

'You seem to have discovered something as well, sir?'

"A dispatch officer delivered me a note - theoretically from Captain Terrez - that told me of a situation with missing men and also asked me a favor. I discovered the box the communique asked me to have some troopers take to his tent has contraband - amasec, more specifically - and that the man he got it from is a sergeant of the Tamerian regiment, who betrayed him and sent a squad to retrieve the goods."

"The Tamerians had some info about the disappeared people and trooper Loggin"
he gestures towards the Tamerian ratling "has mentioned a certain corporal Kimmirel, who I assume may be Kimmy. He told me said corporal, someone named Bertha and more people returned after some 'skulking' with a sack that seemed to hold one of ours, either unconscious or dead. We must warn the colonel about this inter-regiment problem and contact the other regiment's commissar(s). Before anything else, we should assess the captain's guilt. He either had his authority usurped or was foolish enough to point me right in the direction of contraband. Talk to the colonel while I will search for the dispatch officer who gave me this note then head to the captain's tent. Join me after you are done in case things go bad."

"Where is Tristan? I allowed him to be with you but told him to come to me if anything that called for my attention happened." he asks, noticing the stormtrooper is nowhere to be found.

Check around for the dispatch officer who delivered the note and ask him whether it was delivered personally to him by Cpt.Terrez. The officer being found or not, head to Terrez's tent and call him.

Luck roll

Finding this man you only saw once in this din is a matter of pure luck: something you seem to have enough of, seeing as you almost bump into him after only a few minutes of walking about. He confirms that indeed, Terrez gave him the note, and even points you toward his tent.

Captain Terrez is sitting on a chaise in front of his tent, smoking a small wooden pipe inlaid with silver. He is a squat, wide-shouldered man of indeterminable age with close-cropped brown hair and a bristly mustache. As he notices you approach, a small frown appears on his face. It deepens when he sees the Tamerians, though he looks more saddened than afraid.

"Commissar. I didn't expect you to deal with this matter in person, but perhaps it is for the best that you did."

Do I need to do a roll to persuade these troopers to join me?
Yep. Fellowship, +20. When you roll, quote this message, okay?

Tristan approaches the game nodding respectfully.

" Boys, I need a favour. Grab your gear then come find me."

Fellowship 32
+20 difficulty modifier.
Target 52.
Roll 10.
4 degrees of success.

1d100=10
After you briskly explain the situation, the five gather up their game and follow you. As you talk with the commissar, they hang back behind you respectfully, but by their postures you can tell they agreed to go with you so easily because they're bored out of their minds, hence the gambling and knifeplay.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2015, 07:01:30 am »

Send 2 troopers to the Tamarian camp to enquire after any attached troopers, if they have any ask them to come with them and bring them to me. If not then report back to me.

Send 2 to guard Viverde and observe the colonel then report anything unusual to me. I and the last one guard Denos and observe the captain.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:37:10 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27