Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35825 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Ogryns De-Feeted: 1
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2015, 09:20:11 am »

" That could cause.... Issues. Doing so without including any men of the company who's men were murdered let alone any of the regiment at all will inspire a great deal of resentment in our own men.
It would not solve the problem it would just bury it until they see a chance for revenge later.

A guard of well selected men will mollify our men and should not cause any undue problems so long as the men in question understand that they are to leave the talking to you. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2015, 12:31:37 pm »

After quickly evaluating the results of the priest's surprise attack, Bartolomeu touches the front of his cap and tips it slightly downwards. "I believe that is taken care of and there will be no more attempts at escape or trouble-raising. Am I correct, troopers?"

"Now, while we wait for our auspex to do its work: is there any information in your possession that may be helpful for us? For example, while skulking around did you see any Barrablancan troopers far from our area of the ship?"
he asks. His mood is getting progressively darker. It is as if the amount of crap that has been pilling over the trip seems to have hit the fan in a spectacular fashion, what with a captain of 16th probably being guilty of illegal dealings and the report he'll have to write about what happened to Tomard.

Keep talking, stay alert.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2015, 06:47:16 am »

Amalia groaned as she watched the two walk away. "Well screw you too."

Shrugging, she turned to the other two Commissarial squad-members. "Wwwelp... c'mon, let's go!"
With Artho and Maria, Amalia proceeded to run back to the position of the others.

Artho Pak hadn't been from Barrablanca. In fact, he'd been shuffled in after his old regiment had been reduced far below minimal operational capacity (blasted Eldar). And then, in addition to having to cope with that, he was assigned to a psyker girl whose energy was frankly too much for him to handle. It wasn't much of a surprise, then, that his wit erred on the caustic side, and that he wasn't terribly happy.

When the two arrived at the scene, they had two different reactions; Amalia glanced at it, but besides a slight frown didn't really have too much of a reaction.
Artho slowly looked down, and after looking at the very dead man for a few seconds: "So I take it you've got the problem in hand?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2015, 07:42:01 am »

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2015, 07:58:36 am »

"Yes he was dealt with quite quickly, by the Emperor's Grace. Now has anyone seen my assistant Stiehr? When I heard that there was shady dealings going on around here I came to make sure he was not involved - we've come so far in cleansing his soul that it would be a shame if he fell to drink and crime again."
'Especially if he didn't share some with me of course.'

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2015, 01:18:55 pm »

After quickly evaluating the results of the priest's surprise attack, Bartolomeu touches the front of his cap and tips it slightly downwards. "I believe that is taken care of and there will be no more attempts at escape or trouble-raising. Am I correct, troopers?"

"Now, while we wait for our auspex to do its work: is there any information in your possession that may be helpful for us? For example, while skulking around did you see any Barrablancan troopers far from our area of the ship?"
he asks. His mood is getting progressively darker. It is as if the amount of crap that has been pilling over the trip seems to have hit the fan in a spectacular fashion, what with a captain of 16th probably being guilty of illegal dealings and the report he'll have to write about what happened to Tomard.

"Eh... Last night, when that rabid bitch Kimmirel went a-skulkin' with Bertha and the others, they brought this huge sack back - I saw 'em return just as we left - and it looked awful like there was a guy inside, now that I think. That's corporal Kimmirel - hate that trash. Glassed me in the face once, an' that's why I'm uglier than a grox arsehole, beggin' yer pardon." He seems to be more talkative than strictly necessary. Judging by his expression, the instinct to preserve his own hide at somebody else's expense has drowned out all others, perhaps because of Emil's brutal display.

if at first its broken horribly, fix it a bit and try again.
After a few well-aimed knocks, the auspex array beeps and outputs a reading that seems more likely. The array detects significant concentrations of iron, water, ethanol and silicates. No electronic components or power sources are detected within.

Viverde nodded at the arriving Stormtrooper and the troopers. 'Thank you, Gant. It would appear some of the Tamerians have gone to take something from some storage area. Something 'owed' to them.'

He considered the Ogryn's words for a moment. The Tamerians involved would have to be found and punished. The honor of the regiment would not stand a murdered trooper. The Ogryn, too, perhaps, but its blind loyalty made its actions hardly conscious. But to find them, first... He addressed the medic and guard;

'Put the Ogryn under guard at our quarters. It is complicit in an attack on our troops,' he said. He turned to Bertha again, speaking up. 'Bertha, come with us and you'll get back to your regiment soon enough. Tell me, what do these Kimmy and Doppel look like? Would you remember their platoon or company?'
"Kimmy, she short. Even shorter den de other lil 'uns. An' her hair is black. She corporal, an' dat makes her important. Doppel, he large, but no' as large as Bertha. An' he less tuff. Bertha can beat 'im in armrasslin'..." She stares at her fingers, her lips moving silently. "...Seven times outta ten! So dere. An' dey're 1st Company, the one sargent Rodric is boss of. Tho' why's he boss of a 'ole company if he's just a sargent, Bertha dunno. Perhaps Cap'n Wasshisname lets him cuz dey're friends."
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2015, 01:33:24 pm »

"Im guessing booze."

See about scanning the lock, to make opening it easier.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2015, 02:17:05 pm »

Stand by Maria, listen, wait for orders. Not like there is much for Diego to do now.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2015, 02:40:58 pm »

"Im guessing booze."

See about scanning the lock, to make opening it easier.
Even though the auspex is not intende for precision imaging, you attain some progress. From the blurry mess you're getting, you can discern that it's a fairly standard pin-tumbler design with six tumblers. Opening it with your combitool would take fifteen minutes at most. Opening it with your lascutter would take about three seconds.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2015, 02:44:07 pm »

"Hmmm..."
Amets prods the box and listens.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

Bartolomeu leans closer to take a look at the auspex's readings - at least the bits he understands. Good. If the thing was booby-trapped it'd have promethium as the explosive, not ethanol. "Open that lock without destroying it. We need the evidence intact." he orders.

Then he turns to the ratling and it is rather clear he's not happy at all. "Maybe I should have executed one of you earlier. At least that way you would have started to tell the truth sooner. Did it look like the person inside the sack was alive or dead? Anything else you might want to add?"

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2015, 03:18:16 pm »

"Combitool it is then. Give me a few, it'll take about a quarter of an hour."

Combitool lockpick is a go then.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2015, 06:58:59 pm »

"Hmmm..."
Amets prods the box and listens.
There's a muffled clinking noise.

Bartolomeu leans closer to take a look at the auspex's readings - at least the bits he understands. Good. If the thing was booby-trapped it'd have promethium as the explosive, not ethanol. "Open that lock without destroying it. We need the evidence intact." he orders.

Then he turns to the ratling and it is rather clear he's not happy at all. "Maybe I should have executed one of you earlier. At least that way you would have started to tell the truth sooner. Did it look like the person inside the sack was alive or dead? Anything else you might want to add?"

"Sorry sir. I dunno. He might've been unconscious, might've been dead. I think a few troopers from the squad were wounded, and Bertha was missin'. I already said that, yeah? Sir. What's gonna happen to us?"

"Combitool it is then. Give me a few, it'll take about a quarter of an hour."

Combitool lockpick is a go then.
[Security: +20-20: 22]
To everybody's surprise, including yours, you manage to get the lock open five minutes quicker than you anticipated. It falls off and you lift the lid. Inside are rows of rectangular glass bottles full of amber-brown liquid wrapped in felt, with labels that read:
Three Saints
Calixian Vintage, Cask-Matured
And dates, ranging from six to twelve years ago. The liquid is, without doubt, amasec, and pretty good amasec at that.
In the corner, there's another bottle, made of thick, uneven green glass, its stopper made of some darkly gleaming metal. The bottle is wrapped reverently in another layer of cloth. The label is a scrap of parchment rendered almost unintelligible by age.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2015, 07:51:17 pm »

"Yep, booze. Although, the green one is interesting..."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2015, 07:56:53 pm »

Diego storms into the middle of the company, looking every barrablancan into the eye:
- Do you mean that our dignified captain ordered around a commissarial platoon to fetch him his booze? This is outrageous! That's a complete disgrace, for Emperor's sake!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27