Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35863 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - 'Ere we go!
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2015, 12:22:56 pm »

Follow.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 01:19:14 pm »

Amalia nodded and drew her sword, stalking off (but NOT without the others) to pursue the mysterious figure.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »

"Trooper Diego! Recommend moving to the end of the aisle and either preventing the unknown from leaving via damage to final container, or observing which container the unknown leaves by the door of and if possible injuring them to slow them!"

Amets heads back inside the container and attempts to reach the hole to pursue the unknown individual.
You quickly shoulder past Marn and the commissar to clamber up using the ladder on the wall. On the second floor everything is similar to what's on the first, except that one wall is lockerless, and in that wall there's a hole with the fluid, runny edges of melta-charge detonation. The floor is spattered and smudged in metal.
You hop through the hole into the next container - the gap is short, half a meter at most. The other container is similar to 34-I in all aspects except that there's disgusting-ass trash everywhere and everything stinks of old socks and booze.
Something bounces up through the floor hatch, clattering on the floor.

Amets: roll Agility (+10)

Start pursuit along the aisle
Container 34-I is just one away from the last in this aisle, so you don't take much time reaching the end of it - just to hear another hatch creak open on the other side of it. As you circle round the last container, you hear a hatch whine open. When you round the corner, you see four men running swiftly down the next aisle. The access hatch on the container next to 34-I is open.

Amalia nodded and drew her sword, stalking off (but NOT without the others) to pursue the mysterious figure.
You scurry up the ladder quickly and draw your sword. There's a molten hole in the wall - as you start toward it, it blazes with brilliant white light for a moment. Then the light fades.

"Stop in the name of the Imperium and the Commissariat!" the political officer spits at the escaping figure(s?) upon being warned of their existence. Such a bizarre event happening inside a ship full of guardsmen is not the kind of thing Bartolomeu is used to. "Pursue and subdue them! You are allowed to use deadly force if necessary! Call for assistance as well!" the Commissar roars before quickly checking for the box they were told to retrieve.

Check the container for the box we were ordered to retrieve and in case it's safe stand guard over it. In case it's missing or damaged in a way it seems its contents were extracted, give pursuit along with the rest of the team.
You locate the box quickly enough: it's the only one large enough to be the one Torrez described. It's here with you on the first floor. A matte grey rectangular crate with two long carrying handles on either side, probably intended for Ogryns or maybe several normal men. There's a latch, secured with a small mechanical padlock. It doesn't look like anybody's tampered with it.

'I agree,' the Commissar said. He peered into the dim light of the maintenance corridors. He'd preferred to be under the open skies of the homeworld, but the enemies of civilization seemed to like such unpleasant places.

Head down the way the servitor came (prow-ward, I assume), and keep our eyes open.
Follow.
The two of you stalk quietly but quickly down the tunnel. The further you proceed, the dimmer the lighting becomes. Strange graffiti covers the walls, some of it clearly Tamerian in origin, some, to your consternation, Barrablancan - mostly insults towards the Tamerians - and you're quite sure some of it is Old Gothic or Emperor knows what else.
Soon enough, you near a place where the tunnel veers sharply to the left. Around the corner, you can hear heavy shuffling footsteps and phlegmy grunting noises, seemingly of pain.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2015, 12:49:10 pm »

"Ill go get help..."
Head to the barracks to raise the alarm, then head to the Chimera to grab a rifle.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:12:45 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2015, 03:25:38 pm »

IMMA FIRING MAH LAZOR

- In the name of Imperium, stop!
Stop and shoot them with lasgun, shoot them in the back until there are no more charges left in charge pack or until they start hiding from my fire. Semi-auto, 3-shot bursts.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2015, 03:30:39 pm »

Viverde drew to a halt and put up a fist. He raised three fingers, gestured for Gant to follow his lead, and let them fall one by one. At the last, he sprung into the corridor to face whatever was behind the corner.

'Identify yourself, in the name of the Emperor!'

Shout. Be ready to fire if attacked, or to assist if the figure seems to be a (likely wounded) Guardsman.

((Should probably have brought the sword.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2015, 03:32:36 pm »

Follow him round and position myself to one side, if whatever it is makes a threatening move shoot it with my hellgun.

Aim to disable not kill.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2015, 05:46:04 pm »

"Ill go get help..."

"There is no time, pursue them! If you have no weapons then guard this box and shout for us in case you're attacked! And try to draw attention to this problem!" Bartolomeu orders Marn as he starts to give pursuit himself, drawing his sword and bolt pistol - the chainsword had been left behind at his tent, but his homeworld's blade is trusty even if not as damaging as the whirring teeth of a chain weapon.

Give pursuit as well.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 06:13:17 pm »

"Yes sir."
Guard I will stand.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 06:54:31 pm »

Amalia gripped her amulet in one hand, sword out in the other, as she continued to pursue whoever/whatever it was she was chasing.
PURSUE! If attacked, use Foreboding, Fettered to dodge.
(Difficult (-10) + Psy Focus (+10) + Fettered PR of 1 (+5) = +5 Perception roll, target 42.)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »

1d100=38
1 degree of success.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2015, 02:15:15 pm »

IMMA FIRING MAH LAZOR

- In the name of Imperium, stop!
Stop and shoot them with lasgun, shoot them in the back until there are no more charges left in charge pack or until they start hiding from my fire. Semi-auto, 3-shot bursts.
BS roll: 43, target of 31+10(half-aim)+10(short range): 1 degree of success
Hit location: body
Damage:7+3-3(TB)=7

Three bright bolts rake the air. Your aim is a bit off: two of them veer slightly to the left. The next, however, grazes the last fleeing man's side, making the skin bubble and fuse with his uniform's fabric. He continues stubbornly onward, though, too strung up on adrenaline to care.

1d100=38
1 degree of success.
Instantly recognizing the object as a photon flash grenade, you shut your eyes tightly and cover your face with your robes half a second before it blows. The light is so bright that you can see it through your eyelids even so.
You quickly scramble down to the first floor and the access hatch. Through it you can see four men in drab khakis scrambling away down the aisle. They'll turn round the corner in ten seconds or so, and then you'll have to look for them in the labyrinth of containers.

Amalia gripped her amulet in one hand, sword out in the other, as she continued to pursue whoever/whatever it was she was chasing.
PURSUE! If attacked, use Foreboding, Fettered to dodge.
(Difficult (-10) + Psy Focus (+10) + Fettered PR of 1 (+5) = +5 Perception roll, target 42.)
"Ill go get help..."

"There is no time, pursue them! If you have no weapons then guard this box and shout for us in case you're attacked! And try to draw attention to this problem!" Bartolomeu orders Marn as he starts to give pursuit himself, drawing his sword and bolt pistol - the chainsword had been left behind at his tent, but his homeworld's blade is trusty even if not as damaging as the whirring teeth of a chain weapon.

Give pursuit as well.
The two of you cross safely from one container to the other, then drop down to its first floor beside Amets. You see the four men running away - it's quite clear that they're Tamerians. God-Emperor knows you've seen enough of them in the past month to know. They seem to be putting all their efforts into fleeing. As you watch, Diego takes the hindmost in the side with a las-bolt, sending him stumbling, though not dropping him.

"Yes sir."
Guard I will stand.
The commissar brushes past the box as he leaves, jostling it a bit. You hear a sound like clinking glass.

Viverde drew to a halt and put up a fist. He raised three fingers, gestured for Gant to follow his lead, and let them fall one by one. At the last, he sprung into the corridor to face whatever was behind the corner.

'Identify yourself, in the name of the Emperor!'

Shout. Be ready to fire if attacked, or to assist if the figure seems to be a (likely wounded) Guardsman.

((Should probably have brought the sword.))
Follow him round and position myself to one side, if whatever it is makes a threatening move shoot it with my hellgun.

Aim to disable not kill.

You round the corner quickly, aiming your guns at the corridor beyond.
It's an Ogryn, wearing the pale khaki fatigues of the Tamerians and an expression of murderous rage. There's a bleeding wound in her hip and a heavy cleaver in her hand, though she seems to have lost her Ripper gun. It takes you a second to realize that she's in a pain-maddened state and unlikely to listen to reason before she lets out a roar, preparing to charge.

Gant and Viverde: roll Initiative.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2015, 02:21:12 pm »

Switch to single-shot and swiftly send another beam at the wounded foe, aiming for legs.

BS roll: [12], with target (31+10(short distance)-10(called shot, deadeye))=31 => 2 degrees of success.

Damage roll: 1d10+3-3(TB)=4
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:29:53 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2015, 02:30:15 pm »

Bartolomeu is rather understandably pissed off at the situation and offers the Tamerians two options: stop and live or keep running and die. "Anyone who does not want to be killed, stop right now!" he roars with his commissariat-standard commanding/threatening voice. Of course, executing them means actually getting some good shots at them first.

Keep running after them.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2015, 02:33:45 pm »

Bloop.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:52:37 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27