Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35883 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - 'Ere we go!
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 03:11:02 pm »

- Yeah, that'd be great. However this note - Diego shakes the sheet of paper in his hand - says we're about to drop it by captains' tent and leave it there. So whatever this toy is, it isn't for us.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:25:15 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »

"Ah, is it? It might be some rich man's toy then. That or some sorta booze. We may want to try sneaking a look inside... I got a scanner, I may be able to get a good image of the contents..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 03:22:25 pm »

- From what I've heard commissar Bartolomeu is about to inspect the contents. So we'll know what is it in there before it gets to captain.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 03:24:02 pm »

"Really? Nice."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »

- Agreed. Let's go retrieve that box then.

[waiting for Avis to reunite us with commissar and The Box]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:49:10 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

Study the servitor's skull closer. Attempt to see what could've damaged its cranium and if it seems to be working normally.

Check the direction it came from but stay within sight range. Fully draw my hellgun. Once im sure it's clear examine the servitor.
There doesn't appear to be any sign of movement or any suspicious sounds in the direction where the servitor came from, so Tristan goes to assist Viverde with the servitor.
The thing appears to be moving in a slightly disjointed manner, but well within the margin for a servitor. Closer examination of its cranial casing reveals...

Viverde: Roll Awareness at +40 (Easy+1 character assisting)

Upon arriving at the hangar, Bartolomeu starts looking for storage container 34-I so he can retrieve the box. "Trooper Diego, search for trooper Marn at the squad's Chimera and bring him to me." the political officer orders the man, handing him the note with Captain's Terrez exact request.

Search for The Box.
- Nope, haven't seen her. She must be standing in a line to get rations. Come on, let's go find commissar, - Diego jumps down from Chimera.
- He is about to look up this box from storage container, er... - Diego checks on the note commissar gave him earlier - 34-I. Let's go find that box and meet him there.

Find container mentioned above, meet commissar
The container in question is found without too much difficulty: 34 is its row designation in the storage area, I is the column number (9. Containers which have to be left accessible during transit are designated with letters), while the lack of a third numeral indicates that it's on the first level. That is important: in some places, the containers are stacked as high as nine or ten. All in all, it's a rather phantasmagorical sight, rather like some structure a child might make out of toy blocks - except forty meters tall in some places and made of corrugated metal.
34-I is just another olive-green block in a street of similar ones. It has two loading doors on both sides (though Denos can only see one from this side) and several access hatches, the most prominent of which is right in front, secured by a digital lock. Denos punches his access code in, opening the hatch with a screech of unoiled hinges, and enters with Amets and Amalia at his heels, just as Diego and Marn catch up.

Amets, Amalia and Denos: roll Awareness (+10)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:09:23 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

(Amalia's following along too, by the way)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

(Amalia's following along too, by the way)
(Ahduck. Fix that in a sec. You roll too.)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2015, 05:18:05 pm »

Commissar Vivere Awareness: [20]!

((I put in a Campaign name of 'Angazea' - that should make it keep track of all rolls made with that name, but I'm not 100% how Invisible Castle works in that regard.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2015, 05:27:03 pm »

Amets, Amalia and Denos: roll Awareness (+10)
Oh dear.

1d100=8, compared to a target of 42.
Test passed with 3 degrees of success!

EverythingWentBetterThanExpected.gif!
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »

Amalia Gutierrez's Awareness: 78 aka three Degrees of Failure.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2015, 06:10:12 pm »

Commissar Bartolomeu Denos: (84) - Four Degrees of Failure (I think)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2015, 06:30:13 pm »

Tristan and Viverde----------
...something very much like the prints of human fingers, but the marks are too wide apart to have been human - and what human could bend metal with one bare hand, anyway? There are five of them, though, one for the thumb and four for the rest.

The Box Retrieval Team---------
Denos and Amalia notice absolutely nothing out of place: rows of lockers in the walls, assorted boxes stacked everywhere - pretty much what you would expect inside a container like this one.
To Amets, though, a lot of things seem instantly and glaringly wrong. The most obvious, perhaps, is that the lights are on. True, the motion detector would have turned them on when you entered...Except that they were already on when the commissar opened the access hatch. Then, the techpriest is pretty sure that when hatch opened, there was some scrambling up on the second floor of the container (a ladder on the wall leads up), and if he strains his senses, he can hear slight movements up there.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »

"Greetings. Please identify yourself, unknown individual."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2015, 06:40:33 pm »

"Huh?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27