Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35894 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - 'Ere we go!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2015, 09:57:25 pm »

After a particularly long and tortured screech, Torsen appears to calm down a little.
-Shhh...Somebody! Removed three cogitator cores! From the sshhtocks safe! No requesst made for requisitssshn! That means an override hassh been usssed! Command override! Systems faulty! User of override unidentified! Request assistance due to inability to communicate with organics!
"Troubling. Were you able to identify the override authority level? That would greatly assist in determining a productive starting point for an investigation."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:50 pm »

Amalia crossed her arms... perhaps for a moment forgetting who exactly it was that she was talking to.
"I don't need you to come after him, we settled it with a fight of honor! So we don't need outside inf--"
Amalia pauses, suddenly realizing that she was acting defiant towards the Lieutenant-Commissar (who was just trying to help).
"-rrrk sorryyy, um um um sorry, so, I can tell you yeah... I'll go help with the box."

Bartolomeu has pulled out a notepad and is writing down what the disturbed tech-priest said - an habit he picked up during his time working at the propaganda department - when he hears Amalia's recklessly complaining about what he just said. The commissar raises his eyes from the little note he was working on and stares at the psyker like she's an insane kid under the watch of a stern father. After a moment, that expression fades even though his eyes remain focused on hers. "This is not only about you, soldier; this is about unit cohesion and stability. I hope you improve on that tone of voice since I am not old enough to be your father and I do not want to babysit you."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 06:32:56 am »

After a particularly long and tortured screech, Torsen appears to calm down a little.
-Shhh...Somebody! Removed three cogitator cores! From the sshhtocks safe! No requesst made for requisitssshn! That means an override hassh been usssed! Command override! Systems faulty! User of override unidentified! Request assistance due to inability to communicate with organics!
"Troubling. Were you able to identify the override authority level? That would greatly assist in determining a productive starting point for an investigation."
Anybody! Anybody ranked captain and above! Override was set up to let executive personnel retrieve extra data-slates with extra rapidity, but enables retrieval of other materiel as well due to biological limitations! Supposed to log name, rank and time of retrieval when used! Name, rank, and time not logged in the case in question! Instead, indecipherable symbol string present in the logs! Time of retrieval somewhere during the nocturnal part of the last daycycle, as inferred by circumstantial evidence!

He seems to calm down further, now that you've got him to focus on outputting info in order.

Cores packaged in black boxes with yellow Insignia of Dimensional Orientation. Weight of each core 3.357 kilograms. Data provided probably insufficient to locate.

From what you're able to tell, his expression becomes more and more dejected.

My apologies, Enginseer. Probability of discovery very low. I have acted in an emotional manner by contacting you.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2015, 07:43:28 am »

"I infer from that that there was no visual surveillance on the storage area. I suggest changing that, both in case of future theft attempts and in case whoever appropriated the cores seeks to return them to hide their deeds.
As for the illogicality of appraising me of this situation, I disagree. While the probability of recovery is likely low, the cost of alerting me was negligible, and increasing the number of Mechanicus personnel aware of the thefts is, on balance, likely worth the slight time expenditure."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2015, 08:11:51 am »

Saluting briefly Tristan turned and marched through the hold to catch up with Viverde a path opening before him as troopers rushed out of his path.

Falling in slightly behind the commissar Tristan flexed his shoulder with a slight grunt of satisfaction as the joint cracked.
" So what's going on sir? " Tristan asked before letting out an involuntary yawn of exhaustion.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2015, 10:33:30 am »

'Sigala, Pinel and Zea,' Lazáro repeated. He inclined his head. 'Well done, troopers. Fear not, I will find your missing comrades.'

He nodded to the Stormtrooper as he appeared, smiling at his eagerness. Although, it seemed he had not gotten much sleep in the night. If that continued, he would have to bring that up with the senior Commissar - after all, a tired trooper was a substandard one.

'Some troopers have gone missing. It might be nothing, or only a light disciplionary matter, but I believe it worth investigating. I can use another pair of eyes, if your duties permit it.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2015, 10:42:55 am »

" The commissar does not need my assistance at this moment. Troopers missing when considered against the hostilities between these 2 regiments could be a serious matter. " Tristan said moving the hellgun from his shoulder and resting it across his chest with 1 hand on it.

" Are you armed sir? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2015, 12:17:02 pm »

Lázaro frowned, but patted the Bolt Pistol at his side. 'Last resort, Trooper. We don't want to do anything rash. Servants of the God-Emperor should strive to work together, not against each other. The Tamerians are uncouth, yes, and dishonorable, but they are still here to do His holy work,' he said. 'Besides, it remains to be seen if they are even involved. The troopers were last seen entering the eastern service entrance, so we shall begin there. Do you have your lamp-pack, Trooper? It might be needed.'

Head to the eastern service entrance with Gant when ready.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2015, 12:58:15 pm »

"Diego, you are coming with me and psyker Amalia. Amets, are you available? I need someone to check on a box before it is delivered to Captain Terrez. It would be a shame to leave paranoia out of the scenario in sight of recent events. And I will ask once again: does anyone know where trooper Marn is?" the man asks as he looks down at the note in his hands, deciding on taking care of matters one at a time.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2015, 01:11:07 pm »

- Yessir, - Diego immediately replies as commissar requests his service, he says a few more words to his sister and then stands up comes closer to the exit, waiting for commissar to depart to inspect said box.

- I believe I saw trooper Marn and his comrade Poise leaving the tent to maintain our vehicle yesterday, sir.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »

"Thank you, Diego. Since the box we seek is also in the hangar, that is not a problem. I am sure we will meet trooper Marn there." Bartolomeu remarks as he puts his notes away.
>Yes?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2015, 01:25:45 pm »

"I infer from that that there was no visual surveillance on the storage area. I suggest changing that, both in case of future theft attempts and in case whoever appropriated the cores seeks to return them to hide their deeds.
As for the illogicality of appraising me of this situation, I disagree. While the probability of recovery is likely low, the cost of alerting me was negligible, and increasing the number of Mechanicus personnel aware of the thefts is, on balance, likely worth the slight time expenditure."

That cheers him up slightly.

Perhaps you are correct. Well. I must see about installing a pict-recorder - that never occured to me, as I considered the probability of theft by an officer negligible. Omnissiah speed your signals, Enginseer.

He nods and departs as quickly as he arrived, but with much less shouting.

((Pat, I take it that you're ready to go with Digital?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »

With with a good group of people in tow to help with the box and also check its contents, Bartolomeu heads towards the hangar, heading straight to the squad's Chimera to check whether trooper Marn is there or if he has disappeared like the soldiers reported missing. He doesn't bother dragging Artho or Maria along either since the soldiers he has available seem good enough. "Have any other cases or rumors of theft been noticed before during the trip?" he asks Amets on their way to the hangar.
>Yes?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:41 pm »

Head to the eastern service entrance with Gant when ready.
The service tunnels are dimly lit, and once you get some distance from the loo line, mostly deserted except for the occasional servitor. The tunnels extend parallel to the ship's length, in two opposite directions. In one direction, let's call it south or bow-ward, lie the areas of the ship restricted to Guard personnel (though a commissar is another matter, obviously). There ought to be locked doors and sentries there to prevent the footsloggers from getting in the gears.
In the north or prow-ward direction lies the Tamerian bay. As you contemplate it, a servitor ambles past you, moving bow-ward. The metal casing of it cranium is bent and deformed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 07:25:04 pm »

Artho's fallen back asleep, the lazy bastard.

"Yes, you're right... sorry, Commissar."
Amalia goes to carry the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27