Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [7/7] - Back in Black  (Read 35769 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [8/8] - Vehicular and narrative shenanigans
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2015, 06:27:40 pm »

"I estimate it will take them a while to arrive, but please do. Please cut down on my work; ask the trooper a few questions and record the result." he replies to Viverde.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 16, 2015, 07:20:35 pm »

Mmrn snaps to attention, saluting, before gesturing to Poise and starting to run to various areas where there was fighting, using his scanner to scan damage, and recording it on his dataslate.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2015, 11:39:25 am »

Bartolomeu then promptly returns to waiting and checking for those damn codes, wherever they may happen to be.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:47:44 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2015, 05:13:09 am »

Mmrn snaps to attention, saluting, before gesturing to Poise and starting to run to various areas where there was fighting, using his scanner to scan damage, and recording it on his dataslate.
Besides superficial damages, you wrecked a container of what appears to be woolen socks when you drove the Chimera into it. After consulting the contents registry and counting the individual crates destroyed, you conclude that you contributed to the ruin of approx. 9600 pairs of warm foot garments.
There's also a large dent in the wall of another container that you sideswiped, but you fervently hope nobody will care.

"++Yes, that makes sense. Is the Saecula Saeculorum's assigned Commissar nearby?++" he calmly replies, making a mental note to shove a combi-tool up the Transmechanic's metal ass the first opportunity he could find while checking his vox override codes for the one linking to the Navy Commissar in the ship. In case he didn't manage to contact them and with some luck, they'd be with the armsmen. If not... He was considering just leaving the scene for the moment to let things cool down, but that option seems both cowardly and the act of someone who's guilty and has something to hide.
"++Regrettably, no. She must be out and about somewhere, performing her duties.++" - he answers, in the tone of somebody who doesn't feel any regret at all.
You have found a few frequencies usually reserved for commissarial use. Whether you will be able to raise the Navy Commissar through them depends on whether she has a commbead or not. Odds are that she has one.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2015, 08:35:48 am »

Marn, noting the number of destroyed socks, winces. Knowing the Comisars, he will have to knit replacements...
 He then returns to the chimera, and begins to take note of damage to it, aswell as fuel and munitions use.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 25, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

"++Understood. I will try to establish contact with them.++" he replies before ending that vox-call and going through his codes in order to try and reach the Commissar via her comm-bead. At the very least there's the real possibility of commissarial camaraderie he can expect from no one else, what with the other regiment's political officer being a pitiful shadow of a man judging by what Bartolomeu has heard of him so far.

He just wishes things don't go bad for him after the most recent events. "++This is Bartolomeu Denos, Commissariat officer attached to the Barrablancan 16th, please respond.++"
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2015, 04:31:42 am »

'Yes, Commissar,' Viverde said. He pointed his sword at the Tamerians and adopted his best angry commissar expression. 'You, troopers, come with me. The sooner we see the Emperor's justice done, the sooner you may perhaps return to your regiment.'

As he led them towards the camp, he questioned Kimmy. 'Well, Trooper, we've captured the ogryn and the creature's been very helpful for our investigation. Tell me everything, truthfully - I will see that you, and all who are involved, no matter their rank or regiment, will be treated with Imperial justice and honor. The ogryn told us you set out to take something 'owed' to you. What was this? What were you doing here?'

Take the captured Tamerians to camp for questioning. We'll soon have an entire company under guard!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:53:57 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2015, 07:19:34 pm »

Marn, noting the number of destroyed socks, winces. Knowing the Comisars, he will have to knit replacements...
 He then returns to the chimera, and begins to take note of damage to it, aswell as fuel and munitions use.
The melta blast clipped the side of the vehicle and was mostly dissipated by the armored skirt plating. A few external coolant lines under the skirt and just above the tread assembly have been burst, however, and oil is slowly leaking out. In addition, the paint on that side has mostly melted and run off in ugly bubbles and rivulets.
Fuel use is minimal - that thing is designed to go a long time on little fuel. Munitions use is also non-catastrophic - Poise has been conservative with her rounds. More than three-quarters of an ammo box remain loaded.

"++Understood. I will try to establish contact with them.++" he replies before ending that vox-call and going through his codes in order to try and reach the Commissar via her comm-bead. At the very least there's the real possibility of commissarial camaraderie he can expect from no one else, what with the other regiment's political officer being a pitiful shadow of a man judging by what Bartolomeu has heard of him so far.

He just wishes things don't go bad for him after the most recent events. "++This is Bartolomeu Denos, Commissariat officer attached to the Barrablancan 16th, please respond.++"
((Why not Amets, though?))

There's a few seconds' pause, then a calm, casual voice replies, "++Commissar Diana Polevykh, responding. What can I help you with, Commissar Denos?"

'Yes, Commissar,' Viverde said. He pointed his sword at the Tamerians and adopted his best angry commissar expression. 'You, troopers, come with me. The sooner we see the Emperor's justice done, the sooner you may perhaps return to your regiment.'

As he led them towards the camp, he questioned Kimmy. 'Well, Trooper, we've captured the ogryn and the creature's been very helpful for our investigation. Tell me everything, truthfully - I will see that you, and all who are involved, no matter their rank or regiment, will be treated with Imperial justice and honor. The ogryn told us you set out to take something 'owed' to you. What was this? What were you doing here?'

Take the captured Tamerians to camp for questioning. We'll soon have an entire company under guard!

Kimmy's mouth twists into a grimace of disgust - even more disgust than appears to be usual for her, at least. "You may be mistaking me for a certain rat about the size of a grox shit, goes by the name of Loggin, sir." She appears to remember you're a Commissar, with all that entails, and her next phrase is slightly more polite. "The "owed" thing was for Bertha's sake. She's a moral creature, however hilarious that might sound. As for the something... I guess Loggin told you this bit. A certain captain of yours bought a certain thing off Rod, gave him an amount of things... Among them a datapad with a certain note on it, a certain code. Now, Rod hears around, Rod knows what code this is. Most likely the captain forgot the note was there. Maybe not. Anyway, we thought it was a good opportunity to procure materiel. Procured it.

Her eyes narrow.

"As for why I'm here... I'm here to prevent a certain rat from spilling his guts about Yensdottir and her nice little scheme, but I guess I'm late, eh? Rod sent me to watch your lying ass, Loggin. Shame my aim was off." This is the first time you see the ratling look actually nervous, you realize.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2015, 08:54:03 pm »

"++It is good to hear your voice, Commissar Polevykh. I was informed that during a scuffle in the hangar with elements of the Tamerian regiment, a trooper accidentally contacted the Captain and now his armsmen were sent this way. Have you been informed of that incident?++"

"++As for the cause of the firefight, I am currently in middle of an investigation pertaining possible of illegal dealings of certain individuals from both the regiment I am attached to and from the other.++"
Bartolomeu explains.
>Yes?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2015, 12:09:06 pm »

"Crap, that could have been a pain... Poise, I can handle this repair myself, you just swapout the ammobox for a full one."
Start replacing the damaged sections, and note down all the damage and fuel/ammo usage on the dataslate for the commissars.

Spoiler: roll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:10:44 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2015, 01:22:00 pm »

"++It is good to hear your voice, Commissar Polevykh. I was informed that during a scuffle in the hangar with elements of the Tamerian regiment, a trooper accidentally contacted the Captain and now his armsmen were sent this way. Have you been informed of that incident?++"

"++As for the cause of the firefight, I am currently in middle of an investigation pertaining possible of illegal dealings of certain individuals from both the regiment I am attached to and from the other.++"
Bartolomeu explains.
After a moment of silence, you hear her stutter, "++Oh khek.++ After that there's a great deal of splashing noises, a metallic thunk, and a short burst of muffled Vostroyan swearing. "++Uh, sorry, Commissar. No, I haven't been informed of this. Speaking frankly, Captain Toran and I don't really enjoy a great working relationship... Mostly because of his tendency to throw temper tantrums like this. I'm now on my way to you, with any luck, I'll intercept them before they get to you. They're very likely Toran's favorite squad of bullies. Oh well.++

"Crap, that could have been a pain... Poise, I can handle this repair myself, you just swapout the ammobox for a full one."
Start replacing the damaged sections, and note down all the damage and fuel/ammo usage on the dataslate for the commissars.

Spoiler: roll (click to show/hide)
It seems that the threading on a large amount of tubing sections has fused, meaning that you can't straight-up unscrew the damaged sections - the best you can do is replacing a much larger section than you had initially planned, and throwing away some perfectly good tubing. If you do this, you will have no spares left for further replacements.
Be it as it may, you shut off this part of the radiator assembly for now and jot down the damages on your notepad.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2015, 12:03:40 am »

Bartolomeu begins rubbing his temples at the news there's a squad of people that were described as "bullies". He didn't want to get into trouble with a ship's armsmen, specially if he wound up forced to shoot a few kneecaps. Or skulls. "++Acknowledged, Commissar. Thank you for the cooperation. Knowing them better than I do, do you advise staying around to explain what happened or would I get more getting back to my regiment? I honestly would rather not have them start looking for random 'suspects' for what happened here, so I imagine standing my ground and making my point would be preferable.++"

"++As for your current situation... What is the sound I have just heard? Are you inside a maintenance area?++"
>Yes?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2015, 04:59:55 pm »

============================================Denos

Denos just catches Polevykh's reply of, "It's nothing, I'm alright" before somebody taps him lightly on the shoulder. He turns sharply, quite cross at being interrupted in such a fashion. Standing behind him is an old man of such a nondescript appearance that Denos is having trouble even getting his mind to focus on him. He is holding an Inquisitorial rosette in his hand, though, and there are several black-garbed adepts standing behind him, looking bored but menacing. The man clears his throat and puts the rosette away. Excuse me, commissar. I have a little list here, wait, let me check... Gant, Ferrer, Stiehr, and ...Emil, I believe. Those have to come with us. The adepts quickly encircle the men he names. They seem oddly compliant for some reason - even more so than would be expected of somebody facing the Inquisition. Even Emil's customary smirk is gone, replaced by a sort of woozy, dreamy half-smile.

Bartolomeu is dimly aware of a high-pitched whine on the edge of his hearing, but nods anyway. The Inquisitor indicates a lanky, pale fellow whose Ministorum robes stand out among the black clothing of his adepts. "That would be your new priest, I believe. We had the fortune to meet him on our way here." With that, he nods and departs, his entourage and your four former comrades trailing behind him.
The noise is gone. Your head feels a bit empty.
Denos: roll Willpower (-10)

============================================Zomara

A few benevolent questions yield the information that this Lieutenant-Commissar (What kind of rank is that anyway?) Denos, to whom you're supposed to report is somewhere in the vicinity of the storage bay, so you head there, transfer order in hand. As you navigate through the rows of containers, you suddenly notice that you're, in fact, not walking alone, but alongside a bland-looking old man, whose only distinguishing characteristic appears to be his age, except for the Inquisitorial rosette he is playing with. There are men in black walking all around you, too, paying you not the slightest bit of attention. The Inquisitor nods to you. "I think we're going to the same place, you and I. Come along." You comply.

In a few more minutes, you reach the Commissarial platoon, which is currently bumbling around its Chimera. Time seems to pass very quickly: you're dimly aware that the Inquisitor is saying something to Denos, but then he is already leaving. You look at the transfer order in your hand, then at Denos. You should probably introduce yourself.
Zomara: roll Willpower (-10)

============================================Everybody

The ship's intercom suddenly creaks to life somewhere in the darkness overhead.
***ALL TROOPS ASSEMBLE AT YOUR ASSIGNED BAYS. REALSPACE TRANSITION EXPECTED IN FIVE MINUTES***
You're currently about five minutes' ride by Chimera from your camp.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [6/?] - Back in Black
« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »

Denos, sir. I am Zomara, here to serve in whatever capacity the God Emperor wishes. I am also here to see that the Ecclesiarchy has presence and pride on the field, which shall mark his holy will in action in the mist of battle.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:35:29 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [6/?] - Back in Black
« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2015, 06:04:06 pm »

((Whoa-whoa, I can't even recall things on my character besides the fact that his comrade is his sister, much less what was the last thing he was doing. I'll catch up in a while and post. If I don't manage to do that in time the update is due, consider him making an effort to do what loudspeakers/superiors tell him to do.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27