Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elven Trade Agreements/Diplomat question/help.  (Read 2913 times)

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
Elven Trade Agreements/Diplomat question/help.
« on: January 28, 2015, 08:35:16 pm »

Hey all. I'm wondering if Elven Tree-Diplomats come to Fortresses in this version, and if so, is it possible to mod them so that they also offer trade agreements? (I want to get a breeding pair of Giant Leopards and Elephants without having to tame them myself.) If they don't come, is it possible to mod them to come and bring trade agreements?
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Trade Agreements/Diplomat question/help.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:42:57 pm »

Elven diplomats were recently added back in. To allow your dwarves to make trade agreements with them simply add the token       [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] to the elven diplomat. If you don't know how to find the code for the elven diplomat, it is in the raws folder, then objects, then entity_default. Scroll down past all the dwarven nobles until you reach [ENTITY:FOREST] which is the code for the elf civilization. Scroll down until you get to their nobles, one of which is the diplomat.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:44:04 pm »

Ah, thank you! That was what I thought I had to do, but I wanted to ask before I fiddled around with my Raws. Thanks!
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 03:08:22 pm »

[RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]
The correct token is [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE], actually. [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] is for your own civ only.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 03:26:59 pm »

I am so doing this once I get my current raws working smoothly.  So, will [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] make them "take orders," so to speak, allowing me to request elephants and alligators?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:30:44 pm »

Whichever it was, yes. I think I wiki-wrote the thing that Otu is basing his opinion on back in the v34 days, but I honestly don't know now.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 03:42:46 pm »

It's still true - a diplomat-equivalent with [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] pretty much just left my fortress with a request for some predatory animals.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 06:49:31 pm »

"Found on outpost liaison. Position will live in the civilization capital and travels with the caravan to make trade agreements with any settlements that it visits, whether they are domestic or foreign. Also reports recent news." The wiki on [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]. Also, I'm pretty sure I've made this mod myself and it worked. I checked Masterwork and Masterwork uses the colony version for its guild representatives and such, and they work fine so [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] definitely works.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

"Found on outpost liaison. Position will live in the civilization capital and travels with the caravan to make trade agreements with any settlements that it visits, whether they are domestic or foreign. Also reports recent news." The wiki on [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]. Also, I'm pretty sure I've made this mod myself and it worked. I checked Masterwork and Masterwork uses the colony version for its guild representatives and such, and they work fine so [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] definitely works.
I've just finished testing, and the same position I mentioned above that arrives with [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] does not arrive with [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS], and another position with [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] that would have arrived with an earlier caravan if it were true also did not arrive.

There is one way I believe it could happen through raw modding - if both civilizations are available to play as civilizations, since through a bug they always send caravans if they have progress triggers. As for Masterwork, I suppose DFHack could be doing something as well, but I don't use it so I wouldn't know.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:50 pm »

I've just finished testing, and the same position I mentioned above that arrives with [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] does not arrive with [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS], and another position with [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS] that would have arrived with an earlier caravan if it were true also did not arrive.

There is one way I believe it could happen through raw modding - if both civilizations are available to play as civilizations, since through a bug they always send caravans if they have progress triggers. As for Masterwork, I suppose DFHack could be doing something as well, but I don't use it so I wouldn't know.
Hmmm. I've checked Masterwork and they actually had both TRADE and ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS. I'll investigate myself, but I'm sure it's worked for me before. Maybe it was because I gave the same noble both MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS/MAKE_PEACE_AGREEMENTS and ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS. I'll try out a few different combinations on an otherwise vanilla game and see what happens.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 03:36:00 pm »

I stuck RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE only on my elves' acolytes. Sure enough, one rolled by with the caravan and extended me greetings on behalf of the Merchants' Guild. There was lots to discuss, apparently.