Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: (SG) Gremlin - Stranded  (Read 3975 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Gremlin - Stranded
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 05:37:59 pm »

Because I know that they'll get down-voted and inspire others to come up with better plans than they would've without competition of course!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »

Inspect our Bloodcog Gang Logbook and Ingrinip's Journal + Interrogation Notepad. Maybe our older brother and sister-in-law scrawled something down before their deaths.
See if there are things in the barrels and large boxes in the alleyway.
+1 to both of these.

Burn and Pillage the nearest village/flammable substance!
-1, and why do you always come in to SGs and make trolly comments?

Maybe its his version of a PTW?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 06:19:09 pm »

Pretty Much, PTW...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 04:03:54 am »

Before widening your horizon and exploring your ambitions, you decide first to take inventory of the place that may well be your new home. Most of the containers are completely empty, but a few of them are none-the-less notable. Two unsealed barrels are full of detritus from some sort of fish processing opperation; One contains fish skeletons, and the other the pale shells of some sort of subterranian crustation. A few of the other containers are made of rusty iron, and should be able to hold a flame and serve as low temperature furnaces with proper modification.

You then flip through the logbook and journal of your brother and his wife, hoping to find some sort of final message from either. You are not disappointed. Srinx leaves a brief note to whoever was lucky enough to be packed with the rations. Included is a brief will, leaving everything on his person to the gang member who survives the trip and all his possessions at home to his infant son Verixnop, and a few notes on the situation.

Srinx's Final Notes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Paying extra attention to the second of your brother's bullet points, you flip to the ledger of favors and read the entries that he suggested. As your brother's second in command, you have dealt with each of the people mentioned before, and know more about their context and situation than the book tells you.

Favors Owed in the Crag Range Region of Caverns:
Ingrinip, on the other hand, seems to have known that you were the lucky one packed away with the food and water, and took the time to write a rather emotional notes to you before taking her own life.

Ingrinip's letter to You:
You shudder at the note. The concept of inherited destiny is strong among your kind. Those who survive because of another making the ultimate sacrifice are forever burdened and blessed by the sacrifice(s) obligations, relationships, and unfulfilled potential. If you returned to him, Ingrinip's father, the Coglord of the Fallen Holes, would have no choice but to make you his son, support your attempts to avenge his daughter, and do his best to forget the past unpleasantness between you and him. If you are where you think you are, of course, the Fallen Holes are at least a month and a half's travel away, and a small, weak, and generally hated creature like a Gremlin is ill advised to travel long distances alone and in the open on the surface.

Present Setting:
Grikxtnak, First Lieutenant and Sole Survivor of the Bloodcog Gang:

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 09:45:28 am »

Well, lets see about butchering the dog, since we might need to make our food last.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 10:16:42 am »

Well, lets see about butchering the dog, since we might need to make our food last.
+1 If we can't carry the dog, we can store it in a container in the alleyway.
After butchering the dead dog, we should sneak along the alleys and streets to learn more about the area.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 08:34:34 pm »

In comparison to some of your more recent experiences, butchering a creature larger than yourself is a clean and sane activity. It is not, however, an easy one. Gremlins are not known for their physical strength, and all your bladed tools are too small to be efficient for the task at hand. You labor for about an hour, until you are exausted and manage to get all the meat off the dog's legs. You reason that if you butcher much more, you will be hard pressed to eat it before it goes bad anyway.

You step out of the Alleyway, flanked by your Slag Squirel and perform a quick exploration of the immediate area. The nearest person with the torch is about 150 yards up the road and moving away from you, so although you stick to the shadows, you do not have to bother actively sneaking.

The business right next to your alleyway appears to be a fish processing plant called 'Dock in the Back'. Curious about the name, you find a small side street that runs parallel to your alley on the other side of the building and look down it; Sure enough, it ends at a large underground body of water about fifty yards from the main street. If you could get through or over the brick wall at the back of your alley, you would likely have access to the shore. Furthermore, if the shore in question belongs to one of the region's major lakes, you would have a much better idea as to exactly where you are.

You now stand at a literal crossroads as well. You could follow the beachfront road you are presently on foward into the unknown, or backwards towards the church from which you came. The side-street can be taken towards the beach, or in the opposite direction, which likely leads deeper into town. What do you do?

Present Setting:

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 08:49:36 pm »

Take the side street that leads to the Lake so we can see if we can identify the body of water and hopefully our location.

How large is a gremlin?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:06 pm »

From what I can infer, about the size of the dog we found dead.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 02:47:27 am »

You wander down the short path to the beach. It is quite dark here, the only real light sources are a lantern on the nearby docks, and a small fire put together by several children playing a few hundred yards down the beach from you. There is another light, perhaps a fishing boat, at least several miles out on the water, but it is hard to tell.

The name of the body of water doesn't seem to be conveniently posted anywhere, so you wander up to the shore, kneel down, cup your hands, and take a little sip to taste for salt. There is none, which eliminates the salt lakes and seas in the area.

You next wander up the beach to docks for a closer look, as they seem presently deserted. They are small, which leaves you to believe that they exclusively serve the fish processing plant, and that the town has a proper port or marina somewhere up or down the beach from here. You suppose these docks could moor about three galleys, or perhaps a single Mana Cruiser. Right now the only boat around is a galley, and it does not appear to be equipped for fishing. Perhaps it is a spare boat, or somebody is paying the owner of the processing plant to moor here.

"Ya shouldn't a come back here Molshawort, I said I'd kill ya if ya did, and I'm a mutt o' my word."

The voice is coming from behind you, and speaking in tunnel dwarven, so you spare a quick glance over your shoulder. A stocky middle aged person of mixed human and dwarven descent stands about a yard away, and is pointing a crossbow at your head. One of his eyes is missing, and has been replaced with some sort blue-green gem substitute, likely enchanted to provide dark vision, as he carries no light.

He has clearly mistaken you for somebody else, Molshawort is a relatively common Gnomish name, and no self respecting Gremlin would give a Gnomish name to their kid. Turning around and properly revealing yourself would quickly solve his case of mistaken identity, but you also know many humans and dwarves would be more than willing to put a bolt through your brainpan on account of nothing more or less than your race.

The man wears no armor, so your Slag Squirrel could distract or possibly even injure harm him - you could even signal for the attack non-verbally, but you are unsure of the wisdom of provoking him. You are only a bit taller than knee height on him, and he is at stupidly close range with his crossbow - if he shoots before the squirrel distracts him, there is a good chance you die.

Sticky Situation. What do you do?

Present Setting:

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 06:27:33 am »

Grikxtnak should say something along the lines of this: "Listen friend, I bet you can tell right now I'm not Molshawort. I'm just passing by, can't a being just travel through here?"
As a precaution do not face guard as he could be racist to gremlins.
I think telling the truth is the best option we have. The chances of Grikxtnak sounding exactly like Molshawort are hopefully slim.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 03:40:56 am »

"Hear me dearest friend, I wager thou can tell presently I'm not Molshawort on account of my voice and failure to speak in the local dialect. I am just traveling through, are travelers not welcome here?"

The Noble Dwarven that you speak is, thank the gods, close enough to the local tunnel dwarven when spoken that there isn't much of a language barrier. You do, however, come off sounding a bit pretentious in your use of diction. Luckily the fellow with the crossbow isn't offended by your snobishness, and switches to speaking Noble Dwarven himself.

"My appologies sir. I'm afraid folk of the Gnomish persuasion are rare around these parts, and I assumed you to be somebody I find rather distasteful." Out of the corner of your eye you see him lower the crossbow.

"Judging by the repulsive state of your garments, you have traveled far. My name is Flarien, and I sadly lack title. To make up for my foul and violent behavior, I would gladly share a meal with you at my residence, and perhaps even wash your cloak in exchange for your story." The mutt's change of behavior, and language, is nice in all, but now you cannot avoid showing him your face without coming across as awkward or rude! What now?

Present Setting:

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2015, 10:30:14 am »

Ask him where the nearest Bar is.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2015, 08:53:18 pm »

Ask him where the nearest Bar is.
+1
It's a risk, but I think we should thank him and show him our face. If he reacts violently, then we have our unarmed combat skills and Slag Squrriel to back us up. I'm not sure how the racism works in the game, but given that he is part human and part dwarf, he might not be racist.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 2 [3]