Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art  (Read 230044 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art
« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2017, 01:02:01 pm »

Can't throw without a grip, though.

That's another problem with not being able to attack "in flight" opponents; can't release a grip. If you or they move to a different square, it releases automatically, but that's slow and unreliable.

Of course, you can't really do anything to an opponent after a Korumid abod (Cave-in Strike) other than chase after them. Great for crowd control though. And to set up for a Aknunakith (Hawkwrath) or Momguzumid (Dragonfall).
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2017, 08:24:28 pm »

Also Anriznil (Skyhammer) but that's just letting go of the wall and falling into the target to trigger a takedown.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2017, 08:59:04 pm »

Working on a pdf version
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:14:03 am by MrLurkety »
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2017, 01:38:02 pm »

This thread should be stickied so it is immediately seen by newcomers, and easily accessible.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 11, 2017, 01:45:53 am »

This probably has already been posted somewhere, but if not, I just made a new discovery.

Quite often you see those little cyan exclamation points next to fingers and toes. I originally thought that they were completely useless because fingers and toes are generally non-vital body parts, but I was wrong. A lot of the time, when you hit these parts with a blunt weapon, the hands/feet will get twisted, often tearing the muscle and partially incapacitating the opponent. What's more, they are almost impossible to miss!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 11, 2017, 02:04:10 am »

Yes, I was just noticing that as well.  In fact, those are incredibly juicy targets if the opponent is armed or has a shield, because they will almost always drop it.  Also, mangling fingers still adds to pain, which can incapacitate the opponent.  Previously I was very much underestimating the effectiveness of this.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 11, 2017, 03:03:48 am »

The cyan points indicate an exceptional opportunity with one or more of your available attacks, and you can take best advantage of dirty fighting tactics by cross training those. It also indicates the appendage they're going to attack with in case their attack message isn't precise. If you're skilled enough you might get a more effective hit on the hand or foot instead. Even if it's a pointless attack like pommel striking a colossus's thumb or biting a weremoose's hoof, it'll at least deflect their attack.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 11, 2017, 09:17:54 am »

Very true, a practitioner should never pass up an opportunity for a simple attack.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2017, 07:03:14 am »

Very true, a practitioner should never pass up an opportunity for a simple attack.
Welcome back, sensei;]

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2017, 06:16:10 pm »

It's surprising to see a dwarf come up with a cool manual for 'Dwarven Martial Arts', though your use of one of my noble species as a target for most of your moves disturbs me (unless the elf in question is a stereotypical tree-hugging savage). Well played, sir.  :P

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 25, 2017, 12:50:23 pm »

I remember playing really great games with Kisat Dur but with new updates is it still possible to make unarmed character that doesn't relay on size advantage?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 27, 2017, 01:28:16 am »

I remember playing really great games with Kisat Dur but with new updates is it still possible to make unarmed character that doesn't relay on size advantage?

Definitely.

The size advantage is fun, but as mikekchar mentioned certainly a crutch.

Just depends on what you want to do.

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 28, 2018, 06:57:22 pm »

Best guide ever!
It actually helped me fight a goblin master, a demon made of amber who killed me over and over and over and over again until I stumbled on this guide, this might actually be busted.
the only hacks I used was making this dwarf a legendary writer and etc so he could write his tales later on hopefully, as a normal demi-god dwarf I sneaked in night into the dark fortress with shit equipment beside a steel axe I got from the start that slayed that night over 1000 goblins trolls and beak dogs I had a company of 2 humans who I got steel armor and weapon because my civilization is extinct and they only have copper armor that goblins use iron at best.
I of course made him a proficient axe user and dodger and the rest into shield and wrestling because I dont know what "fighter" does till this day, finally after killing soo many units and looking at legends after saving and making a copy I reduced the dark fortress from 3000 to a 500 population that night slaughtering my way, the only goblins and trolls that are left are at the spiral and everyone is going on the surface the second morning came are already dead.
THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING GUIDE!!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:58 pm »

Fighter gives a passive boost to melee skills like archer does for ranged.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 31, 2018, 08:12:41 pm »

My experience has been that fighter is much more important that specific weapon skills in terms of hitting.  Having a higher weapon skill is important for parrying, etc.  Usually I start without putting any points into a specific weapon, and put points in fighter instead.  The starting dagger is OP anyway, so it's the best weapon you can use before you find something decent.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37