Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art  (Read 230049 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 12:14:16 am »

Damn but this is cool! PTW
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 03:18:14 am »

One obvious result which you can see is that while screwing around with gm-editor to find the ideal size for maximum speed (body -> size info -> total fraction I think controls this relatively straightforwardly) and I can say that with things set up so I was listed as being like 1360 out of the 6300~ norm for an elf, I was indeed much faster, but I just bounced off of people when I tried to use Mamgozumid on them while much smaller than average. Note that by much faster I mean in several cases I was zooming around at 6.4 or so and slamming into people but bouncing off.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 12:26:01 pm »

ptw

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 09:57:43 pm »

Accidental awesomeness while screwing around on a literally brand new world (year 3) and helping the war effort for the dorfs by dealing with ambush squads (and later taking out the monkey demon in charge with a pickaxe, at the cost of my ear and bottom teeth >.<) in a hilariously dramatic fashion: Dragonfall all the things!

I ran up to snatch the weapon and slam into one of them but he stepped to the side as I grabbed it so I had a grip targeted but wouldn't be able to hit him with the jump, so thinking quickly I added a grab while targeting the lasher, which led to this:

After running out of goblins finally and having taken out the actual leader I took her back home, shared my feats, and moved on to the hamlet nearby where some of my modded race live.

Said race was inspired by the initial thought of "man, I bet a bronze colossus made of better metal would be scary", and ended up with a peaceful but stupidly dangerous race of little steel angel chicks. I used the harpy tile from CLA's awesome set with the metallic colors, and actually have them well incorporated into various worlds (though they tend to run around naked or in nothing but socks a lot >.< there's probably some sort of shame cultural tag that I didn't pick up on, ah well) but most of the time I just stop by since they have civ access to steel making and plate armor, so you can find some good gear if you manage to locate one of their hamlets.

They're also really dense and fast, which means they are hilariously well suited for Kisat Dur abuse, but in this case they are also immune to rotting flesh which is a big problem since so much of this map is super duper evil, hence the switch from the dorf girl. The speed/mass boost turned out to be a lot of fun to play with.

Case in point, I tackled a minotaur with an elf-sized adventurer:

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »

I've wanted to see something like this.
We should open up a Kiast Dur dojo.
PTW.
Regards,
Dampe

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2015, 06:19:45 pm »

I don't think I've actually ever tried an unarmed adventurer before.

PTW
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 07:00:06 pm »

I don't think I've actually ever tried an unarmed adventurer before.

PTW

Neither have I.
I've messed around with wrestling in the Object Testing Arena, but something about not having a weapon to hold in my hands gives me the creeps in adventure mode.
Regards,
Dampe

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2015, 08:56:36 pm »

I always start out with wrestling and rock-throwing, it's a very good combo to begin with. Neither require any equipment, and getting rocks only takes a little preparation. Wrestling can get a single opponent at your mercy (or lack of) in no time, and it'll keep improving even with an incapacitated opponent. The rocks are better for when you have more enemies than stealth.

By the time you've got these to Master, you'll have great physical stats plus enough Fighter and Archer to use any weapon competently from the time you pick them up.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2015, 04:36:54 am »

I like this thread, been reading it and practicing some moves but havnt posted because speak only to improve on silence.
So here goes a slight suggestion and path for the form.
Its a dwarven based martial art so where are the techniques involving martial trance or one specificly good in a martial trance?
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2015, 04:18:36 pm »

So I've been trying out unarmed. Locks are massively OP wow. Momentum is good too, but I've had the most success by just breaking joints after dodging attacks.

Though does anyone know how you prevent your shows of power from escalating to having a load of people trying to kill you?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2015, 04:40:22 pm »

Well, not breaking them completely while others are watching might help... usually I just make use of bumrushing and then splitting groups up while turning to charge at the stragglers, it handles large groups fine as long as you play with your positioning and don't mind kiting folks around... oh and go straight for the ranged weapon users!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2015, 05:31:26 pm »

I've never tried this without using some stealth before. I didn't realize stealth was broken, and that I only thought I was sneaking up on people when they weren't even aggressive. Kind of makes rocks pointless, unless I climb trees to plink down on them, but then I'm not standing right over a source of stones.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2015, 10:06:31 pm »

I've found jumping around to be useful for creating space when fighting undead humanoids. Unlike a lot of other attacks, it doesn't lose its effectiveness against heavily-muscled creatures that don't breathe, bleed, etc...

Arena creatures can have differing height / length / broadness, but they will always have the same body composition. Airdrown a few giant sperm whales and compare the ratios of muscle, fat, and bone.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2015, 08:02:37 pm »

Erm... so my latest hobby has been dragonfalling all the things right?

Well... sometimes you just get to do hilarious things like, what is funnier than tackling a sasquatch?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hitting one with a panda!

Sometimes it all goes horribly wrong... not for me in this case, but, I mean... I've had things slide along the ground mouth first and produce explosions of teeth... I didn't think there was anything more wince-inducing than a flying curbstomp, but this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If the Shaft of Enlightenment was jumping into a pit with wooden spears at the bottom and parrying the ground to become legendary... what would that be? The Shaft of Unlightenment? The Shaft of Oh-Dear-Armok Why? The Shaft of Enlightenment?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2015, 03:07:38 am »

If the Shaft of Enlightenment was jumping into a pit with wooden spears at the bottom and parrying the ground to become legendary... what would that be? The Shaft of Unlightenment? The Shaft of Oh-Dear-Armok Why? The Shaft of Enlightenment?
The xShaftx of Gelding.

The Gilded xShaftx of Goblin Groin Gelding.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:09:49 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37