Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art  (Read 230076 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Kisat Dur: the Dwarven Martial Art
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2016, 02:00:13 am »

True. And if Trogdar logic is correct, peasant cretins are good for burninating. o3o

But yeah, odd that it seemed to have languished after that discovery.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2016, 02:13:55 am »

Most peasants believe what is dead cannot die? Or we don't know what fire is, so it doesn't exist? *ducks just in case*

The multi-attack + dodge version that lived on after the "zombies now insanely hard?" thread, was just a weapon using version of quick attack + dodge away that Nikow had mentioned there, and Robsoie viewed as being very overpowered.

A pure Kisat Dur version of multi-attack + dodge must have been used by people if Max was using it, but it didn't have a name so in that way didn't exist as a true technique.

Historically though, it's like the idea of the outside trip in wrestling. It's also sometimes called a schoolyard trip, or in Judo Kosoto Gari/Gake. A thing can exist in many places. Sometimes it has a name, and sometimes it doesn't.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:15:50 am by peasant cretin »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2016, 02:19:08 am »

That which cannot die remains delicious.

And hmm, most peculiar. Oh well, glad to have this technique codified in an in-game combative system, and assigned a proper name and the exposure such cheese warrants.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2016, 03:02:37 am »

Yeah, I can remember Robsoie's mention of it, and used it regularly during my first real adventure with Urist McLegendary and his platinum warhammer Lashbrushed.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2016, 09:37:05 am »

For future reference nothing is basic except which buttons to push. Even assuming that everyone on the forums knows about something there's the possibility that codifying it might inspire someone to use it differently and turn it into the basis for a new move. That's why I made a point of explaining nausea even though I'm sure everybody already knows how it works.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 26, 2016, 06:43:25 pm »

That's an excellent point, yeah.

I honestly hadn't tried to use that exploit before, I hadn't even thought about it. It made killing another hydra a breeze.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2016, 06:46:58 pm »

Next time I get into a tangle with a hydra, I need to see how well this works on them. Usually it's a matter of savescumming under I hit their lungs or guts, then crippling the legs. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 26, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

For future reference nothing is basic except which buttons to push. Even assuming that everyone on the forums knows about something there's the possibility that codifying it might inspire someone to use it differently and turn it into the basis for a new move. That's why I made a point of explaining nausea even though I'm sure everybody already knows how it works.

Very true.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2016, 07:48:42 pm »

Next time I get into a tangle with a hydra, I need to see how well this works on them. Usually it's a matter of savescumming under I hit their lungs or guts, then crippling the legs. :V

I personally think hydras are pretty damn easy to deal with, but that might be because I always take on a few bandits and thiefs before trying to take on larget beasts.

CV-6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2016, 09:42:31 pm »

In my opinion, there should be at least a summary of the buttons to press, I  am having a hard time figuring out how to grab while in mid air for dragonfall and re-reading grab them while flying past them is no help, but knowing that I have to hit sf723o to enable tick based jumping would be very helpful,in character descriptions are great for remembering the basics of what you have to do, but if they do not click with you, they are not helpful.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:44:42 pm by CV-6 »

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #385 on: June 27, 2016, 07:20:26 am »

Very true.
For the record, I didn't know nausea halved speed, I thought it just randomly cost turns.
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 27, 2016, 09:28:38 am »

In my opinion, there should be at least a summary of the buttons to press, I  am having a hard time figuring out how to grab while in mid air for dragonfall and re-reading grab them while flying past them is no help, but knowing that I have to hit sf723o to enable tick based jumping would be very helpful,in character descriptions are great for remembering the basics of what you have to do, but if they do not click with you, they are not helpful.
The mid-air grab doesn't actually land, but aiming it prevents the enemy from jumping out of the way.

If you just run up and grab their weapon then try to jump through them, sometimes you hit, sometimes they dodge, if you aim a second grab then they aren't able to dodge it AND your jump, POW!

CV-6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 27, 2016, 10:28:54 am »

So how is that different than the cave in strike? I thought cave in strike was sprint up to the grab jump?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 27, 2016, 11:02:42 am »

Cave-in is performed with the grapples specifically aimed at the weapon, dragonfall is the full sprint with the grab aimed pre-jump and a second grapple to prevent dodging.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:05:45 am by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »

Meanwhile I forget whether grabjump WITHOUT a sprint is a different technique. All I know is that Dragonfall minus sprinting works well enough for most purposes. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37