Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 8/∞ IC  (Read 8527 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 5/∞ IC
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 09:15:50 pm »

Luyfie groaned as he attempted to dismount his six-legged horse. It was slightly humiliating that although he is nearly a man, the boy is still too short to get on and off the sleipnir easily. The company had passed by his farm, and so the boy decided that it is no longer necessary to keep a low profile. He felt sorry for his father, but otherwise Luyfie would be stuck forever in that stinking farm. His two bigger brothers can keep the farm. He wanted adventure.

And adventure is very painful, and tiring, as he had discovered. Luyfie scratched the painful blisters on his backside after he had finished setting up his tent, and would have had a quick nap when he noticed the writing on the rocks around his tent. Some of the letters are familiar, but he's no mage.

Ask around for the mage. Best not to take a rock and disturb the runes
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 09:16:44 pm »

"It is just the mysterious bracelet the girl picked up earlier." Averus assures. "No need to worry....?

Upon hearing Luyfie ask about the mage, he said:

"The mage is the one with the blindfold on."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 09:23:30 pm »

Hearing the request for help, Ixis went to the voice and presented herself.

"I am Ixis, a daemon. I can remove your bindings if you just give me your soul, or promise to give me your soul when you die. Do we have a deal?"
"Can we barter with something else? I only have the one soul, and I'm afraid I'm rather attached to it."

((Actually, the mage is another elf. I'm just a thief, but I figured, as an elf, it might make sense for me to have one magical power.))
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 09:48:41 pm »

"What other payment do you have in mind? Servitude? Favours? Vassalage? Money?

Weapons? Armour? Information? Power? Make it worth my while, Bounded One."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 10:01:26 pm »

((Actually, the mage is another elf. I'm just a thief, but I figured, as an elf, it might make sense for me to have one magical power.))

((D'oh. I thought you had got the mage so I picked the elf that you currently are as well. Damn. Should I remake my Character?))

"Eh? Is it not 'bound' one?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:03:25 pm by Pencil_Art »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 10:39:30 pm »

"What other payment do you have in mind? Servitude? Favours? Vassalage? Money?

Weapons? Armour? Information? Power? Make it worth my while, Bounded One."

"I'd rather not replace one type of shackles for another, and I don't have much on me to offer. Would you take friendship?"

"Eh? Is it not 'bound' one?"
"I'm not really a mage. I'm just a thief with a special talent, and they restrained me like this to keep me from escaping."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 10:51:31 pm »

"What I meant is, it's not 'bounded', it's 'bound. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

((Should I remake my Character?))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 11:03:45 pm »

((Gah! Damn edit artifacts!))

Ixis seems to mull the proposition over for a bit.

"I think that's acceptable, Bound One."

Ixis removes the blindfold and begins work on magically unlocking the lock, assuming it's simple enough.

While she works, Ixis speaks to her new friend. "So why are you in shackles, Bound One, and what should I call you after I release you?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:05:58 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2015, 11:40:12 pm »

"Long story short, the government of Oackholm found it a bit tiresome having to constantly recapture and contain a thief who could slip through cracks and closed windows and refused to be controlled to do their bidding. So when the time for the next centennial caravan came around, they gave me an ultimatum: be their dog, or face banishment. I choose banishment, so they shackled and blindfolded me to make sure I didn't try to back out of the agreement.

"And name's Folwin. I'd shake your hand, but..."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:43:59 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2015, 11:57:55 pm »

Averus looks up at the Aether whale, and pats his Sleipner.

"Such beautiful specimens," he says. "But I bet that more magical animals exist. I would dearly love to see some one day."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2015, 12:41:00 am »

"The government wouldn't be interested in the services of an ordinary burglar. I'm guessing you have some special skill or ability that grants you your level of expertise?"

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2015, 12:50:26 am »

"If he didn't make it clear before, he can, in short, teleport. It's risky, but worth the time to master."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2015, 01:01:35 am »

Ixis pauses her work and turns to the interrupting elf.

"There are many ways to get past cracks and closed windows, if you're creative enough. I didn't want to presume what his power was when there were so many possibilities so I asked."

Ixis goes back to work.

"I'm interested in how you know of his power. Do you two know each-other or was it just a correct guess on your part?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:07:24 am by Andres »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 03:09:35 am »

"You get to know your peers in prison. Especially teleporting ones." He says, smiling. "Oh, and my name is Averus. What's yours?"

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:12:07 am by Pencil_Art »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2015, 03:25:12 am »

"Ixis, free daemon. You wouldn't happen to have any special powers like our mutual friend here, would you?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10