Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 8/∞ IC  (Read 8503 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 5/∞ IC
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2015, 03:34:37 am »

"Now that you ask, I have a natural affinity for animals. I seem to be able to understand them, and speak to them in return."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:47:11 am by Pencil_Art »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 8/∞ IC
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 04:05:21 am »

Ixis raises an eyebrow. "Does that mean you're a vegetarian?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 04:07:02 am »

Microturn 2.2
Taki:

"Have they never taught you how to make a Harvest Fay? How odd! First they have to capture a magical creature that isn't older that three months, after that they have to find a girl suitable to become the host, which can only be elves or humans. Then, when it's full moon, the ritual can begin. First they'll cut out the.. Uhh.. I don't know the word for this. It makes the blood go around. Well, they cut that out of both the creature and the girl, and then they switch them. If the magic of the creature is strong enough, the girl will survive, while the creature dies." Ceres replies. "So yes, Kitty is the brother of the magical creature!" She looks very happy, despite just explaining the gruesome ritual she underwent.

Ixis:
You succesfully manage to glide back to the camp. But on the way back you manage to spot something that looks like a campfire, even though it isn't your campsite. There doesn't seem to be anyone sitting around it.

Zazerth:
After predicting the elk's movement, you try to find a perfect place to set up your trap. A small path beaten by the local wildlife, which leads to the aforementioned pond. You start digging. After digging for about One feet, you feel something hard. After unearthing the hard orb, you come to the conclusion that it's just a mundane stone, and you continue digging. About one hour of digging with your bare hands later, you finally manage to create a hole deep enough to trap an elk in. You head back to the camp to get some sleep.

Luyfie:
Several people have said that the elven mage was the elf who used to wear shackles and a blindfold, while other have been talking about a beautiful elven lady that was always seen with some little songbirds flying around her, as if she was able to communicate with them.

Folwin:
Ixis has succeeded in removing your shackles!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 04:23:45 am »

I shrugged "The driders were never farmers. We had a few shepherds, but as a carnivorous race, we didn't have much need for harvest feys so it wasn't taught much." I decided not to ask about the age of the girl, if only to stop me heading back and filling a grave. The death of a human or elf didn't bother me, I had eaten both at one point or another. "Does your brother view you as his sister?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 04:56:26 am »

"Ah, I guess we'll have to continue our conversation later. Pleased to meet you Averus, and pleased to meet you my new friend Folwin." Ixis smirks at the two before turning and walking off.

After a few minutes of walking and checking to make sure she's alone she holds out her hand palm upwards and a piece of parchment appears from flames.

Ixis Contract 1
Parties: Ixis, free daemon; Folwin, elf.
Details: Ixis will free Folwin from his blindfold and his shackles once in exchange for Folwin giving Ixis his eternal friendship.

"My very first contract." A smile forms on Ixis' face. She stands there just reading it, soaking it all in. Her first contract as a free daemon, and she still has her whole life ahead of her. It's a wonderful feeling.

After a little while, she dismisses the contract and it disappears in a wreath of flames. Ixis flies to the campsite and lands on a nearby tree, seeing what she can from there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:33:09 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 05:04:52 am »

Kaya, in her tent, lies on the ground while staring at the bracelet.
It seems to be connected with... Something. What is it, though? And why was Kabi so interested in it? Well... Nevermind, I can try to find out later. Right now, I need some rest...
Kaya searches for a bedroll or some other such object to sleep in, on or under.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2015, 08:47:10 am »

"Sorry for bothering you, sire." Luyfie was curious about the teleporting-elf and the daemon lady, but both of them seemed like dangerous company, especially for a simple peasant like him. Best for him to go to the elven lady. Perhaps she might teach him some actual magic in return, if the runes interested her.

Search for the elven mage.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2015, 10:02:33 am »

Microturn 2.3

Taki:

"I dunno. I think he might. Let's find out!"
Ceres starts walking to the edge of the camp. After a few seconds, she turns around and says: "Are you coming or not?"

Ixis:
You fly back to the encampment. As you land on the branch of a sturdy pine tree, you see something gruesome. You spot several kobold corpses, dressed in hides and leather, and some trails of blood leading from the camp suggest that there were more. They all seemed to look as if they were very frightened when they died. They are covered in bloody wounds which seemed to by caused by claws, but some of them seem to have no  wounds at all. You see several immense clawprints in the snow.

Kaya:
You manage to get some well-deserved rest.

Luyfie:
You manage to find the elven lady at the edge of the camp, staring into the darkness. There seem to be two martins sitting on her shoulders. As you approach her, she turns around. "Ah. I've been expecting you. You are supposed to bring me the last piece of the puzzle. How can I help you?"

Bjarg
You miss your master. Luckily enough he granted you a lot of endurance and strength, for you were unable to sit on a Sleipnir too. You'd tried it, but the creature heavily resisted, which was good, because your weight might have killed it. After sitting down and examining the campsite, you get an odd sensation. It feels as if the rocks are whispering to you. You look around you, and you can see that some of the stones, which are encrusted with odd runes, irradiate an odd kind of green energy. After a while, you start to actually understand what the rocks are saying, while the other members of the group don't seem to notice it. Most of them seem to warn you, or try to scare you away, but a few of the bigger boulders seem to actually want to talk to you.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:11:25 am by Lord_lemonpie »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2015, 10:15:14 am »

"Y-you have been expecting me?" Luyfie blurted out before he remembered that he did went around asking for the mage. "Oh- I meant - Excuse me, milady." the boy gathered his thought, trying to be less nervous about meeting an actual mage. He had been in the company of various fantastical beings for the duration of this journey, but he hasn't really addressed them except with curt apologies.

"I found some runes on the stones near my tent. I suppose you might be interested in them?" Luyfie wasn't sure if it might be churlish to expect anything in return for just notifying a mage about runestones, but he dropped the hint anyways. "I couldn't read it, myself."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:28 am »

Bjarg aproaches one of the larger boulders and looks around to make sure no one is paying attention then whispers to it,"What say you brother?"
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2015, 03:05:24 pm »

Folwin looks to Averus.

"You're not mad at me for cutting you out of that escape attempt, are you? Like I said, there's a limit to how much I can carry, and I had to hurry to complete a job."

Folwin checks his Sleipnir's saddlebags.

"Let's see, did they include the stuff they confiscated off me last time? At the very least I hope the daggers are in here; those things were family heirlooms."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 03:12:29 pm »

"Sure, let me grab something first."

I should have my staff somewhere. I won't take my bow, don't want to kill her 'brother'.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2015, 03:53:57 pm »

Ixis flies down and checks for survivors, occasionally calling out to do so while also keeping an eye out for whatever caused this.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

Sorry, no big update today. There will be a real turn tomorrow, but it'll be late.
Microturn 2.4

Ixis:

After you've landed, you search for any survivors. You are unable to find them, but you notice several oddities. The first thing you notice are runes in the rocks and builders surrounding the camp. They look like they have recently been carved, by someone who wasn't very accurate. They seem to be emanating some kind of dark green light, the same color as the pines of this mighty forest. The second thing you notice is that the corpses that seemed unscathed from afar, are completely stiff. Several bolts of dark green light, the same color as the runes, seem to dart across their skin.

Folwin:
You manage to find your daggers, but they seem to be a little blunt. You also find some basic survival tools, such as rope, cloth, a sleeping, some tinder and a flint and steel, and you find an Amulet of Saint Varrgus. There is not a single trace of the goods you've stolen, exept for a shiny Amethyst.

Bjarg
"Be wary, moving one. The protector of this forest is hunting right now. He will probably leave you alone, for you do not possess any flesh, but your friends will get hurt. Raise me, as one of your servants, and I shall help you forever. He has carved enough magic into me to sustain myself, but I need to recieve a short burst of magic to truly come alive"

Luyfie:
You bring the mage to the stones in which you've seen the runes. When she kneels down to inspect the runes, you can feel that she is using magic. "Hmm, yes. So it is true. How come I didn't notice before?", she mutters to herself. "These runes have been carved by Northern Forest Lions, if the myths are true. They are great and majestic creatures, with an incredible talent for magic. They are great hunters, and they use runes they've carved on their previous hunts to both locate pray and to empower their own magic. Some of the stories say that these runes bestow sentience upon the boulders they've been carved in, but that seems unrealistic to me. I've read that they should be able to communicate by telepathy, and that they're supposed to be quite reasonable.

Taki:
"Oh. we don't have to leave the camp. He's already coming this way!"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2015, 05:17:25 pm »

As you say brother
Bjarg brings the boulder forth then goes to the group
Be wary friends, hunter in woods bring danger
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10