Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 8/∞ IC  (Read 8516 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 4/∞ IC
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 05:26:23 am »

...are you sure? What is it, then?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 05:26:42 am »

"I'll stay behind in that case. Remember - the animal has to be alive. You can wound it all you like, but don't kill it."

Ixis walks back to Fritreembis and their sleipnirs.

"I'm back. I found us a hunter who said he can get us some tasty elks. How does that sound?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 05:34:39 am »

Zazerth sets out to hunt. He goes to where he can find the elk, surveying them and their movement before setting his trap.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 06:47:31 am »

Turn 2:

Everyone:

When everyone has finally mounted their Sleipnir again, the company proceeds to follow the great stone road. They pass many fields of muck roots, bloated tubers, rye, wheat, and barley. Several farmers who are working their fields, some of them together with their Harvest Fays, look up as the band of travelers comes by. Some of them greet you, but most of them quickly return to their work.

When the sun starts to set the caravan finally reaches the outer wall. It is far less impressive than they expected, it looked like some rocks were just stacked upon each other. Two guards with halberds greet you at the gate. The wooden doors seem to be partially rotten, and the iron hinges are very rusty. The guards tell everyone that they have about two more hours before it gets completely dark. Most of the explorers support the proposal of continuing to travel for an hour, so the band sets out into the mighty pineforests surrounding Oackholm.

After an hour of traveling across rarely-used paths through the terrain that was becoming more mountainous every minute, the company decides to stop again, to build a camp where they can spend the night. As the travelers dismount their Sleipnirs, they hear a frightening roar coming from afar. After several minutes of looking around, the conclusion is made that the frightening creature, whatever it might have been, is still far away. But everyone is assigned to stand guard for a part of the night, so that potential intruders and creatures could be scared away.

The company decided to build their camp at the top of a little cliff with a clear stream at the bottom of it.

Taki:
Ceres seems to have enjoyed sitting on the back of the Sleipnir instead of toiling all day on the fields. She doesn't seem to have said much. When she heard the roar she suddenly looked very happy and said: "Kitty is still alive!".

Kaya:
Your familiar has been a lot less hyperactive than he was before the bracelet wrapped itself around your arm. You've tried to take the bracelet off, but it doesn't budge, even though it doesn't seem to be that tight. At the moment you the frightening roar was heard, you could feel a sharp pain in your arm, as if you were stung by a bee. The gemstone also suddenly gave off a sharp, blue-white light.

Ixis:
Fritreembis was ecstatic when he heard that he was able to eat meat. He was never able to afford real meat, and really wanted to taste it. He had been talking about it non-stop since you took off again, and he would probably not stop talking until he tasted it.

Zazerth:
After you've set up your tent, you head out into the forest. After barely half an hour you manage to find elk tracks in the snow, leading towards a little pond. At the pond you see tracks of different creatures, mainly small critters, but also larger wild. This would be a good place to set a trap. You could wait there for an animal to come, or you could go back to the camp, get some sleep and check back the next morning.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 07:10:29 am »

I raise an eyebrow "Kitty? You know the...animal?" I cut off saying beast, it may be a friend of her.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 07:14:07 am »

Ixis was prepared for her freedom. Before they left, she learned how to set some simple traps for small animals if there wasn't any big game to kill. In addition, the body she crafted for herself was very useful. Wings for escape, claws to never be without a weapon, night-eyes to prevent ambush by those less-than-accepting to daemons, and a fine physique for, hmm, diplomacy.
Now it's time to put her preparation to the test.

Ixis prepares some traps for small game. She then takes to the air and uses her eyes to find big game with priority on those that are sleeping and alone, but either/or will do. Once a target is found, Ixis will swoop down and attempt to kill it with her claws.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:09 am »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 5/∞ IC
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:37 am »

Microturn 2.1

Taki:

"Yes, I know Kitty! He was the brother of one of us, before we got fused! He didn't have a name, so we named him Kitty."

Ixis:
You've set up some traps around the camp, especially on places where you were able to see some tracks of smaller animals.
After you've taken off, you fly around in circles above the camp. After about an hour of flying, you have only seen a fox, which immediately fled when it noticed you. This body is not yet able to fly for a long time, so you are starting to get tired.

Luyfie
You feel tired after a long day of riding your Sleipnir, but you are grateful that your father didn't see you while traveling. His farm was next to the great stone road, but you didn't see him. He was probably still searching for you in Oackholm, or he just didn't care. As you set up your tent you notice something odd. Some of the rocks that are laying around are covered in runes. You've heard some rumors about an elven mage, who joined the company to study the exotic magic that were rumored to inhabit the forests of the uninhabited lands. He might know more about it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 11:34:46 am »

"Would that be, one of the harvest fey or one of the animals that were fused into you? Just to be clear."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 12:53:08 pm »

Is it too late for me to join with my own character sheet?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 02:14:32 pm »

PTW (also submitted a character in the other thread.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 03:25:32 pm »

Ixis glides back to camp and goes to sleep.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 04:16:11 pm »

Meanwhile, Zazerth stalks a particular elk to see where it goes and where it will move.

When he's sure of where and how it moves, he immediately begins to scamper off for a long distance between it and him, before digging a hole and covering it with leaves and snow to create a pitfall trap.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 09:12:02 pm »

Upon hearing the roaring creature, Folwin speaks up.
"Hey, since we're clearly outside of the city limits, can somebody please remove my shackles already? Or at least remove the blindfold so I can see the thing that's going to kill me?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 09:15:21 pm »

Hearing the request for help, Ixis went to the voice and presented herself.

"I am Ixis, a daemon. I can remove your bindings if you just give me your soul, or promise to give me your soul when you die. Do we have a deal?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10