Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 8/∞ IC  (Read 8496 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
[RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 8/∞ IC
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:21:14 pm »

The great iron bells of Oackholm rang again, for the first time in a century. It was time again. Just like every century, a new caravan was sent to explore the undiscovered and dangerous lands that lied beyond the mountains surrounding Oackholm. Oackholm itself was a result of the centennial exploration. It was founded almost three hundred years ago, by the caravan of explorers that left the city of Skarhamm. That was the last succesfull exploration. The two caravans that left Oackholm in the last 200 years had dissapeared without leaving a trace. Usually, after several months of exploring, a great site to found a city on was discovered, so the explorers would settle there.

As the iron bells rang, the jailer of the Oackholm announced which prisoners were ordered to join the caravan. Most of them were poachers, but there were also other criminals punished by being forced to join the caravan. After notifying every criminal, the counter for voluntary participation was opened. Those who wished to voluntarily join the exploration, which were unsurprisingly few, could sign up to join the caravan.

Soon after the registrations were completed, the people who were joining the exploration, both those who were forced to and those who wished to, were gathered at the town square. The company was made up out of a variety of races: from humans to kobolds, and from elves to gnolls. Soon, the strongest and toughest Sleipnir were taken out of their stables and saddled up. One of the city's mages summoned an Aether whale: A great flying creature that was able to carry the heavier goods. As the snow fell, the people prepared to leave the city, most of them for the first time in their lifes.

Explorers of the Eternal world is a game where you and the other players explore the unexplored, snowy lands north of Oackholm. On their travels they will encounter dangerous creatures, new species, powerful forms of magic and many more things! I will try to post a turn every day, but if I'm unable to, I'll try to notify y'all. There is currently no limit, but once the players leave Oackholm (Probably at the 1st of February), you won't be able to completely create a character yourself, so you have to pick someone who has joined the caravan but hasn't been picked yet, or a sentient being the explorers encounter on their travels. Death is permanent, but once your character has died, you are free to pick another one. The exploration takes place in a Norse setting, with snow and stuff everywhere. If there is any secret stuff you want to do, PM me.

Spoiler: Sign up sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:33:16 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG]Explorers of the eternal world 0/∞ IC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »

Current players:

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blitzdungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Andres (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IamanElfCollaborator (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Objective (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadzar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pencil_art (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cryxis, Prince of Doom (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:08:28 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »

You had me at "gnolls."

...but you lost me again at no stats. What's balancing these characters, exactly?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 04:46:51 am »

You had me at "gnolls."

...but you lost me again at no stats. What's balancing these characters, exactly?
Would stats make this better? I've never GM'd an RP like this, so I have no experience with this.

Would giving characters Strength, Agility, Intelligence and Charisma stats, with ten points to spend for every stat be okay?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 04:57:57 am »

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
Reserving myself a spot.
You had me at "gnolls."

Would stats make this better? I've never GM'd an RP like this, so I have no experience with this.

Would giving characters Strength, Agility, Intelligence and Charisma stats, with ten points to spend for every stat be okay?
Probably.
It depends on how you intend to decide whether, for example, a character can lift a boulder or not, or jump over a certain area.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 05:20:52 am »

Okay, I'll add it to the OP now. You'll get 5 points in Strength, Agility, Intelligence and Charisma, and 20 points to upgrade those to your liking.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 05:50:19 am »

See, the problem with having stats is now you have to describe what they do. Do they give bonuses to rolls? What kind of dice are we using? Are dice even going to be used? What's considered average? 5? 10? Something else?

What races do we have to choose from? Is it only the four mentioned in the OP or can we choose/make our own?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 06:11:06 am »

See, the problem with having stats is now you have to describe what they do. Do they give bonuses to rolls? What kind of dice are we using? Are dice even going to be used? What's considered average? 5? 10? Something else?

What races do we have to choose from? Is it only the four mentioned in the OP or can we choose/make our own?
I was planning to add the stats to dice rolls, probably 1d60 or something. Every roll will be classified as a Int/Str/Agl/Chr/nothing roll. If you get above thirty, you'll suceed, otherwise you won't. Some actions obviously don't need to be rolled. If you distribute your stats evenly, you get ten, so I guess thats the average.

As for races: you can be any generic fantasy race, or maybe even something you've made up yourself, as long as it makes sense. So that means no giant sentient pink flying giraffes that are only able to communicate while vomiting booze.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 06:37:49 am »

Something else?
* BlitzDungeoneer must ask the obvious question.
Can I be a Kirby then? :p
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 06:41:44 am »

Something else?
*raises eyebrow**Quickly google it* Oh, his race is kirby. Isn't that like calling a human, Human?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 06:43:12 am »

I firmly believe in the anime explanation, namely that the race is Star Warrior, and his name is Kirby.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 06:50:37 am »

As for races: you can be any generic fantasy race, or maybe even something you've made up yourself, as long as it makes sense. So that means no giant sentient pink flying giraffes that are only able to communicate while vomiting booze.
Sleipnir
Aether whale
Sure. No nonsense creatures. ::) I'll write up a character sheet tomorrow. It's pretty late where I am.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 03:19:14 pm »

Sleipnir
Aether whale
Sure. No nonsense creatures. ::) I'll write up a character sheet tomorrow. It's pretty late where I am.
No nonsense creatures isn't what I meant D: I just mean no cheesy-for-no-good-reason creatures.

Something else?
Literally being a kirby seems a little nonsense-y, but I if you were to create a race of small and pink humanoids, you'd get away with it :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 03:20:24 pm »

Wonderful.
By the way, I do not fully understand the 'Other:' part of the sheet. Mind explaining it to me?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 03:22:05 pm »

Wonderful.
By the way, I do not fully understand the 'Other:' part of the sheet. Mind explaining it to me?
Other is just for some extra stuff that is special to your character. If your character has a pet kitten that follows him/her everywhere, or ardently worships a specific god, you can put it in the Other part.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10