Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Never-ending Cave: Stone Room Edition (5/5)  (Read 6257 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: The Never-ending Cave: ???? Edition (0/4)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 02:35:48 am »

250 points for the stats alone, and 10 for skills.
At character creation, you get 250 points, to distribute between stats, skills and special abilities/features.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 02:37:43 am »

250 points for the stats alone, and 10 for skills.
At character creation, you get 250 points, to distribute between stats, skills and special abilities/features.
Skills
You may also spend points on skill which, when rolling in either opposed or unopposed checks, increase either the number you roll under in case of the latter, or, in case of the former, your actual roll. You spend 1 point per skill rank up to a maximum of 10 at the beginning, although this will increase as the game goes on. Skill can, in theory, be anything, so make it up. I do reserve the right to veto it, though.
Also, keep in mind that while certain skills can be performed untrained (with a +5 penalty on your roll) such as unarmed combat, others, such as driving, cannot.

:P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 02:38:58 am »

By that, I meant you only could raise the skill to rank 10.
You can technically have 250 different skills if you so desire, although this'll require you to get a 1 to succeed at anything.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 02:39:58 am »

Oh ok. Thanks.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:32 am »

Yeah, probably should have been a bit clearer there.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:36 am »

If you don't mind, I'll make a sheet as well. Feel free to choose me over someone or not, or increase the player count or something. No hard feelings if I don't get in.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:47:03 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 06:54:22 am »

Well, I believe it has been the 5 hours I mentioned earlier.
First of all, upgrading the player cap to 5.
Secondly, here is a list of the players that have been accepted:
NAV
scapheap
Pencil Art
Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
IcyTea31

Which means we have someone on the wait list :o
Anyway, give me a while to update the OP and then I can start writing up the starting turn ;)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: The Never-ending Cave: Stone Room Edition (5/5)
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 04:08:28 pm »

This may take a while loger than I thought.
Right, Blitz, you are going to start writing this. Now.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »

Lucky
Ah, a shovel. That'll be useful, since you consider yourself a bit of an explorer and a treasure hunter, even though you've personally never done either, at least as far as you can remember. Which is up until about half a minute ago, for obvious reasons.
Oh, you have a tail! And you can control it... That seems like it'll be really handy, for a variety of reasons.
Huh, other people are waking. That's great. Maybe they're interested in treasure too? You've never seen any, but you know you want it.

Icarus
Temporarily, it seems like you can remember everything, but then it's suddenly as though it was all struck out, and you can't remember it. It gave you a massive headache, too, even though you look like an...automaton? That's what your memory is telling you, but considering you can't truly remember anything...
Oh, you also have an axe. It has wings on it! They're actually rather pretty... You think you may have been the one who carved them on.
And look! Other people are waking up. Maybe they know something about all this?

Averus
Ow... You have one hell of a headache. Whoever is responsible for this will... Oh look, you have a broadsword. It's chipped, but you can probably behead a person with it, given enough force. There's also runes on it. You think that's what they are anyway. They certainly look very mystical.
Other beings appear to be waking up. The being of what looks like metal seems the most interesting... You get the feeling you've seen one of his kind before.

Moara
What happened? Why does your head hurt so much? Maybe this is a... Hangover? You think that's the term. Then you realise you have no true memories of anything before waking up here. That's interesting. You'd probably be panicking, probably should be, in fact, but you have no recollection of what you've lost. Maybe it's better this way? You get the sudden urge to sing about this new development... Nah, that's way too silly. You think. You have no real idea of what is normal and what is silly right now, so maybe singing about your life is perfectly normal?
And you notice a glaive beside you. It has a nice, rippled pattern to it. It seems...yours  for some reason.
There seem to be other people here too. Maybe they have some information about what happened?

Johan
Well...this is new. You've certainly never experienced total memory loss before. Or maybe you did and don't remember it? That's a scary thought. For some reason, you consider yourself an adventurer and explorer, despite, as far as you know, never having done either. Maybe you were prior to... Whatever this is? It's always nice to know something about yourself...
You also happen to notice a leather whip with what looks like a hook on one end. Why would you need this? It looks...creepy to you, for some reason. Weird.
And there are other people here. And they have weapons. And one of them looks like an automaton. You think that one seems familiar.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 08:35:43 pm »

Averus stands up, picks up the sword, and remembers there's other people here.

"What..What am I doing here? Hello? Does any of you know why we're here?"

"Oh, and my name is Averus Darkblight."
he adds, after some thought.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »

Moara lifts her glaive and starts singing...
Nothing is knoowwn, waking on stooone!
Feeling alone, look for a glow...
And we all are aching, Heeaaad Achhhing!

And then starts holding her head.
Ow. Owww!
Okay, I think my name is Moara? Yeah, Moara! Right! :D
Does anyone remember anything? Because I don't...

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 09:24:15 pm »

Averus examines the room he is in.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 11:42:50 pm »

"My name is Johan...I think. I hope we're not here to kill each other...I certainly didn't win the weapon roulette, it seems."

((Edit: The amnesia is only retrograde and not anterograde, right? Retrograde, certainly, as we can't remember our pasts, but can we form new memories?))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:46:00 pm by IcyTea31 »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2015, 12:06:04 am »

"I am pretty sure we are not, as we have not been contacted by anything yet and have not seen any evidence that a battle is about to take place."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 12:10:18 am »

"Kidnapped and our memories messed with? Waking up in matching clothing and with random weapons? This seems a lot like one of those...arenas. Yes, that's it."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4