Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A question in Halo PC  (Read 1827 times)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A question in Halo PC
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:45:00 am »

In the campaign how do I get my rockets to home in on the covenant?

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A question in Halo PC
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:48:00 am »

I only played Halo 1, and those missiles (I assume you're talking about the SPNKR) weren't homing. I don't think I've seen homing missiles in any FPS which is a shame... Would help against the damn aircraft in BF2142.
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Jaqie Fox

• Bay Watcher
  • Genuine Girl Techie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:13:00 am »

homing rpg rounds are only in halo 2, bioshock, unreal tournament 2003, and unreal tournament 2004, IIRC.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »

Duke Nukem 3D had homing rockets hope this helps

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

Didn't play any of those games (much, at least). I bought UT2004 for the mods, the game itself isn't worth my money. As for DN3D, I just don't remember. There were some kind of mini missiles, were they homing? Maybe they were...
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »

Bien, in Halo PC (Combat Evolved), i.e. the first version of Halo... missiles/rockets don't home.

In Halo 2, you hold the firing key with the recticule over the target until it locks (you'll see a lock animation), and then release the missile.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

Are there mods that make the SPNKR home?

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »

And what happens when I leave the marine alone (the one who's shooting at you with a pistol)(in the 343 Guilty Spark level)?
And How do I trick the game into playing with shaders, speculiar and decals on? I'm on an Intel Brookdale G 64 Mb card.

[ September 30, 2007: Message edited by: Bien ]

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 05:29:00 am »

Never mind about the homing rockets, I already made them home in.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 09:08:00 pm »

Your allies should never shoot at you, unless you killed some of them or he's one that the Flood got to.

Just a wild stab in the dark, but you've got integrated graphics. Another stab in the dark: you don't have shaders. You can't trick your hardware into doing something it can't do. There is no shader addon you can buy (I was asked this exact question one time), other than an actual graphics card that has whatever shader you need.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mephisto:
<STRONG>Your allies should never shoot at you, unless you killed some of them or he's one that the Flood got to.

Just a wild stab in the dark, but you've got integrated graphics. Another stab in the dark: you don't have shaders. You can't trick your hardware into doing something it can't do. There is no shader addon you can buy (I was asked this exact question one time), other than an actual graphics card that has whatever shader you need.</STRONG>

The crazy guy in 343 Guilty Spark, the one whos says this when you meet him: "You're not turning me into one of them! Get away from me! (Fast Forward) They're gone, gone!, Don't you get it, they're gone! This is how I got away from them, I played dead, they took the live ones." You know te guy sitting beside a wall, with a pistol and light sticks arond him. And how come I tricked Delta Force: Black Hawk Down into playing with reflective water?

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 03:44:00 am »

How come Spring runs with reflective water?