Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18618 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 2 - Nobody Saw That Coming. Absolutely Nobody. [4/5]
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2015, 08:44:47 am »

OSG: Who do you think is more scum? Me or DS? Do you need store knives in their fridge drawers without risk?(Note: think of better question.)
At this moment, you were the only one not voting for TDS. If you were sure he was scum, why didn't you vote for him I must ask?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 2 - Nobody Saw That Coming. Absolutely Nobody. [4/5]
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2015, 09:07:41 am »

Scapheap, You were the only one not voting for TheDarkStar.

now that you know that TheDarkStar was scum, how does that change your theories.

If you turn out to be the godfather, Origami, I will be most upset.

You seemed to think that Deathsword was the other mafia, why the change of heart now?
Deathsword voted for TheDarkStar. This makes him seem alot less scummy, but It doesn't mean he's completely innocent.

Well there was the whole "If no-one comes up with anything new, I'll hammer" thing. Given that you and I were convinced of DarkStar's scumminess, and Scappy hasn't really done much in the way of scumhunting, it did seem a bit... arbitrary.

Kind of like "Yeah, I'll bus my guy if no-one cares about it enough to change my mind."

I still think scappy is the other scum, but this is because he's now saying DarkStar was obvscum, but didn't vote for him... which is suspicious.

I think Origami is town, it's just deciding between scap and Deathsword now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2015, 09:56:37 am »

The Dark star was clearly scum, to the point that he would almost surely be the goon so I went for who I believe to be the godfather.
Since nearly all my theories were TDS was scum, the only thing that changes is that hector and you being mafia can't be true so...
If you were sure that TDS was goon, why didn't you vote for him? If I had a definite goon, and a 1/3 chance of finding godfather, I would defiantly go for the goon.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2015, 10:28:02 am »

OSG: Who do you think is more scum? Me or DS? Do you need store knives in their fridge drawers without risk?(Note: think of better question.)
At this moment, you were the only one not voting for TDS. If you were sure he was scum, why didn't you vote for him I must ask?
The Dark star was clearly scum, to the point that he would almost surely be the goon so I went for who I believe to be the godfather.
Since nearly all my theories were TDS was scum, the only thing that changes is that hector and you being mafia can't be true so...
If you were sure that TDS was goon, why didn't you vote for him? If I had a definite goon, and a 1/3 chance of finding godfather, I would defiantly go for the goon.
You are not me. We will do different things for the same reason and the same thing for different reasons.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2015, 01:55:33 pm »

That doesn't really explain anything, Scappy.

Indeed, it looks like you're trying to hide something. Are you the godfather?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2015, 02:58:25 pm »

I'll run the math again to see our chances:
Spoiler: calculations (click to show/hide)
So, the game has now become exactly even as far as random chance goes. 1/2 chance town wins, and 1/2 chance mafia wins.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2015, 04:49:40 pm »

You are not me. We will do different things for the same reason and the same thing for different reasons.
Scapheap,please explain your reason then, enlighten me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2015, 04:51:49 pm »

Scapheap, seeing as I'm more inclined to believe their scum than Deathsword, for the moment. Also no need to worry about mafia quickhammers.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2015, 08:35:37 pm »

That is true for you, but still, be careful about your vote.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:04 pm »

My reads at the start of day 2:
Scummyest
Scapheap: You were the only one who didn't vote for TheDarkStar even though you said it was obvious he was scum. Your reason was that you were trying to take a guess on who the godfather was.
Deathsword: You voted for TheDarkStar, but I still have some suspicions about possibly bussing when you saw that TDS was gonna be lynched no matter what.
Hector13: Still think you are town, but you suddenly became a bit reckless with your vote.
Towniest

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2015, 09:02:34 am »

Scapheap, besides all the D1 stuff which you have not adressed, you claim that you "knew" (by your oracle gut, perhaps?) that TDS was the scum goon. If you knew, then why did you not vote for him? When others asked you this, you merely deflected. Furthermore, how could you've known in the first place?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2015, 09:05:02 am »

It's not really reckless since we still require 3 votes to hammer, which only happens with two townies this time.

I'm quite comfortable thinking that we've got the game solved, if scapheap isn't mafia, then it's likely Deathsword.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2015, 02:07:01 pm »

I'll let Scapheap have a chance at answering everything before I decide whether to hammer him.

Scapheap, what do you have to say in your defense?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2015, 05:52:49 am »

That doesn't really explain anything, Scappy.

Indeed, it looks like you're trying to hide something. Are you the godfather?
We do different things. Let me use a context.

Let say you like horror games, but don't like rpg. And let say I don't like horror games but like RPGs. Why do we play games? Because we both like to do fun things, but here we are playing different games. But there you are going "He doesn't play horror games, so he can't be having fun playing those RPGs because I don't have fun playing those games."

Scapheap, besides all the D1 stuff which you have not adressed, you claim that you "knew" (by your oracle gut, perhaps?) that TDS was the scum goon. If you knew, then why did you not vote for him? When others asked you this, you merely deflected. Furthermore, how could you've known in the first place?
Because that what I choose. I wanted to go for who I thought was the godfather over the 'kill me' goon.

But no, my actions must be the actions of the mafia instead of the townie who gambles.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2015, 10:03:19 am »

That's just an expansion of what you said before: "we do the same things for different reasons"

You haven't explained specifically what you thought it was that made you think that DarkStar was clearly scum, nor have you explained why you feel Deathsword was the godfather and Origami and I are town.

I expect some supporting evidence of this, basically the posts that players have made in the game that you think are town-motivated and scum-motivated.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13