Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18677 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 05:45:36 pm »

Mmm I would have to disagree with you there, Deathsword didn't have to vote for Scap.

Scap voting for Deathsword is more scummy, partly because it was only as a gut feeling, and it feels like an OMGUS too (as does Deathsword's vote on scap... double-OMGUS?)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 05:48:12 pm »

I realize that Deathsword didn't have to vote for him, but scapheap didn't seem to think that a fos is a commitment. A fos should be treated as a vote in this type of game. Except without the risk of a quick hammer.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:17 pm »

This is true.

As I say, I think scap is scum. Could argue that DarkStar is his scumbuddy, given his early vote on Deathsword too, but I'm less sure of that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »

I politely ask Deathsword, Scapheap, and TheDarkStar to remove your votes and replace them with Fos's.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 06:06:21 pm »

I politely ask Deathsword, Scapheap, and TheDarkStar to remove your votes and replace them with Fos's.
I guess I did put him on the spot. Unvote.

Deathsword
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 07:53:43 pm »

Considering that DS is the one up for lynching, you're basically defending him. Why do you not want him lynched?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 07:58:43 pm »

Are you sure Deathsword is scum? I'm certainly not.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2015, 08:23:25 pm »

What are your reads right now, then? Do you think anyone is scummy?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 08:31:53 pm »

What are your reads right now, then? Do you think anyone is scummy?

Scap is most scummy, having voted for Deathsword as a result of a gut feeling that has no basis, followed by Deathsword with a slight scum lean, his vote for scapheap appeared a little OMGUS-y. DarkStar is next, quickly voting for Deathsword to make it L-1... not cool man.

Origami is exerting caution, which I'm cool with so far. I consider that to be a pro-town move given the game we're in. It's a slight read, though, for the moment.

What about you, DarkStar? Reads list + reasons, please.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »

Considering that DS is the one up for lynching, you're basically defending him. Why do you not want him lynched?
I am not defending him. I am asking that the votes be turned into foses. This should be exactly like voting, it just eliminates the chance of a mafia getting a quick and easy hammer vote in.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »

You've not done much scumhunting so far Origami, do you not feel the need?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2015, 09:36:50 pm »

Towards the end of the day, everybody should turn their foses into votes.

My reads so far:
Scummiest
ScapHeap:
You treat your gut feeling like it is omnipotent. After a bit, you took back your vote on deathsword as if to try to make the suspicion against you vanish.

TheDarkStar:
You are a pretty experienced player. You should know that Fosing should be the same as voting, just without the implications. You also haven't undone your vote even though you are aware of the possible consequences.

Darksword:
Your quick vote on ScapHeap is pretty obvious. I am going to cut you some slack because you haven't been on since and you possibly didn't know the implications of a vote vs. a Fos

Hector13:
You seem very involved in scumhunting and your logic and analysis are sound.

Towniest

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2015, 09:38:04 pm »

You've not done much scumhunting so far Origami, do you not feel the need?
Sorry, you ninja'd me.

What do you define as "scumhunting" because two players can have completely different methods that still have the same amount of success.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:09 pm »

Fair point.

You've asked a few questions then went into the mechanics of the game (town/mafia chances of winning and votes/FoS's) though you have been commenting on other players I s'pose... just attempting to start discourse.

I think my definition of scumhunting is asking questions, directly encouraging a player to react. You've asked some questions, but a lot of your other posts have been content-oriented in that your talking about what you think and why, which I could probably say is the next best thing.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2015, 09:53:05 pm »

As you have probably noticed by now, I am not very good at analyzing emotional reactions. I am better at analyzing strategies and tactics of other players. That is my method of scumhunting I feel like I have done that a fair amount.

I do have a question for you though.

Hector13 Deathsword hasn't posted since his vote on Scapheap. What do you think about that?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13