Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Gladiator SG  (Read 22150 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator SG
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2015, 01:41:21 am »

No, this guy has daggers and light armor. He's going to be faster, so our previous methods wont work as well here. As soon as he is in range, throw sand at him and toss our net onto him. Then stab in the head!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2015, 01:49:26 am »

Can the next fight be a team event with my guy?
Isnt the arena floor made of sand?
anyways, throw our sand  slightly to the left of him, forcing him to dodge OUR right. as he dodges, jab him with the trident, we have reach. throw the net on him and stab him in the head
also dual wielding is unpractical, look up "lindybeige dual wield" so we have that advantage as well.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:59:33 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2015, 01:51:05 am »

We should use the net as a melee weapon. Start swinging it around to make sure he can't get close and we'll eventually get lucky with the barbs. Once they're hooked on, he'll be caught and at our mercy. We won't be able to use the sand but we won't need to so that's ok.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2015, 02:00:16 am »

We should use the net as a melee weapon. Start swinging it around to make sure he can't get close and we'll eventually get lucky with the barbs. Once they're hooked on, he'll be caught and at our mercy. We won't be able to use the sand but we won't need to so that's ok.
swinging the net the whole time would tire us out
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2015, 02:11:28 am »

Well maybe not constantly? Maybe just when he gets close or maybe we can move to hit him with it?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2015, 02:26:59 am »

nah, the trident has a longer reach (?) let's stick to my plan? He's got to choose being blinded by sand or jabbed with trident. either way it's advantageous for us. he has daggers, we have a trident and a net, let's use them effectively.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2015, 08:10:36 am »

((Umm I entirly disagree on duel wielding being ineffective. Effectiveness comes from how well trained someone is in the art not some sort of Rock Paper Scissors thing with the weapons, if someone is half trained in using a spear and he's fighting a guy that has been well trained in duel wielding the more trained guy usually wins because he knows what he's doing (or at least knows it better) and probably has sufficient knowledge to find a way to beat the other guy))
((Also insanegame27 I'm still deciding on if I want it to be current guy vs yours or current guy with yours or what))
(Ok so what are the actions right now? Throw sand then net then stab? Anything else?)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2015, 08:19:28 am »

(Ok so what are the actions right now? Throw sand then net then stab? Anything else?)
Yes and nothing else.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 10:10:09 am »

Yes and nothing else.

While Taunting.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 10:23:52 am »

((Actually, dual-wielding is pretty ineffective. It's not a matter of if you can kill someone, it's the matter of the amount of effort it takes to get good enough to kill someone. You can learn to kill someone with throwing knives, but it takes lots of time to learn a relatively second rate weapon.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2015, 10:27:37 am »

Are there races besides standard humans?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2015, 10:55:27 am »

((Actually, dual-wielding is pretty ineffective. It's not a matter of if you can kill someone, it's the matter of the amount of effort it takes to get good enough to kill someone. You can learn to kill someone with throwing knives, but it takes lots of time to learn a relatively second rate weapon.))

((but once trained duel wielding is very effective, we are talking about already trained people))

Are there races besides standard humans?
((as of right now, just humans. May seperate into different races later))

Yes and nothing else.

The other gladiator takes up a full sprint toward you
[19 v 3+speed] ((holy crap!))
You throw a handful of pebbles and sand in his face as you step away.
He is blinded but barrels forward, you swiftly throw your net entangling him
[3v11-entangled]
You aprouch him and stab your trident at him but he rolls away and you miss him
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:01:38 am by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2015, 02:19:23 pm »

Stabby stab stab stab.....
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2015, 02:26:50 pm »

+1 on stabby stab stab.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

While Chuckling Very Loudly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24