Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Godless  (Read 5195 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Godless
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 03:20:41 pm »

Point out that illusions are extremely useful for disabling and disorienting armies.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 04:17:32 pm »

Point out that illusions are extremely useful for disabling and disorienting armies.

"They might if the magic user fueling the illusions had power on that scale, but with that much strength a magic user would be more likely to simply engulf the entire army in flames than expend the energy and time forcing an entire army under an illusion. The effects of illusion magic dilute as it spread over more people, to put it simply I'm expending the same amount of power trying to force a group of people with different mental strength to accept the same illusion instead of overpowering just a single person completely and making them accept the illusion as real."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 07:06:59 pm »

True.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 07:20:25 pm »

"How is the mine situated? Is it built into the side of a hill, or is it mostly just a hole in the ground?"

I'm thinking we should hide the ranged into the woods, with the squires and a knight (dismounted) for melee backup. The rest of our forces will approach from the northwest, if possible. Then, once the main force is spotted, our archers will open fire; hopefully causing enough chaos for the main troops to walk in unmolested and finish the job.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »

Just Starve the Miners, We don't have to lose troops on this and It'll only be a week before they surrender.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 09:26:10 pm »

Just Starve the Miners, We don't have to lose troops on this and It'll only be a week before they surrender.

We need to take it by tonight.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 05:44:59 pm »

"How is the mine situated? Is it built into the side of a hill, or is it mostly just a hole in the ground?"

I'm thinking we should hide the ranged into the woods, with the squires and a knight (dismounted) for melee backup. The rest of our forces will approach from the northwest, if possible. Then, once the main force is spotted, our archers will open fire; hopefully causing enough chaos for the main troops to walk in unmolested and finish the job.
+1 sounds like the best *cough* only *cough* battle plan so far.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 05:55:05 pm »

+1 sounds like the best *cough* only *cough* battle plan so far.
+1, Also give a Priestly speech to our Troops before the Battle.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godless
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 07:54:15 am »

"Built into the side of a trio of hills actually, three entrances come up onto the surface with a half circle ring of earthworks facing out from those entrances with gaps between them for two men to walk through side by side. The earthworks themselves are most likely around chest height by now with ditches in front of them unless the Falmir started slacking off and left their defenses as is, at least that is how I'd arrange the defenses if I had to hold such a position."

With that the pair of you arrive into the Disciples camp, as the men turn to look at you expectantly you make your way towards the center of the encampment causing the men to gather around to hear what you would have to say.

"The Falmir have betrayed peace talks, the have sent back the head of a child of the Banigar back in a box, and now Lord Vandir has chosen to go to war against these heathen Falmir, these worshipers of the old False Gods. Tomorrow the main army will lay to siege Castle Greymont, but the battle will begin tonight with us for the Lord Vandir has seen fit to grace us with the task of taking and holding the only route into and out of that Castle once the siege starts. To the northeast lies a mine which the Falmirs' soldiers use even now to smuggle more supplies and men into the Castle, ready yourselves for a march men for we take that mine tonight in the name of the King, for the Banigar!"

As you finish the last part your men echo the saying,

"In the name of the King, for the Banigar!"

The men continue to chant that line for a minute or two before dissolving to finish preparations, and ready for the march. Now to finalize how to take that damned mine ...

Spoiler: Objectives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Forces (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 11:59:12 am »

Same plan for the woods, all ranged with backup squires and knight [dismounted], plus our magely friend to tackle any enemy magic as well as to lay down what offensive magic he can. It would be desirable if he could possibly use magic to cause extra panic among the enemy and get them to rout or attack each other.

For our main assault, they will instead come up from the east/west (whatever's easier) and the knights will be leading, dismounted. If necessary, they will wear only half-plate instead of their full-plate. Cavalry will not be useful, so horses and lances can be left behind. Once they reach the fortifications, they will split into teams of four, preferably 2 knights & 2 footmen. Each team will try to take an entrance, though any entrance leading towards the woods should be left open so they can retreat into their own demise. Since there will be a single leftover knight, he will remain with us as we go around and provide support.

btw, what equipment/magic do we have ourselves?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2015, 12:31:41 pm »

You guys have a chainmail vest, your mace which is an honored relic of your Cloister that once belonged to a warrior priest long ago, your normal clothes, and a Holy Book containing scripture, rites, and chants of the Banigar.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 01:07:14 pm »

Do theses rites and chants have effects? Offensive/Defensive/Buff/Debuff magics?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2015, 05:13:21 pm »

Same plan for the woods, all ranged with backup squires and knight [dismounted], plus our magely friend to tackle any enemy magic as well as to lay down what offensive magic he can. It would be desirable if he could possibly use magic to cause extra panic among the enemy and get them to rout or attack each other.

For our main assault, they will instead come up from the east/west (whatever's easier) and the knights will be leading, dismounted. If necessary, they will wear only half-plate instead of their full-plate. Cavalry will not be useful, so horses and lances can be left behind. Once they reach the fortifications, they will split into teams of four, preferably 2 knights & 2 footmen. Each team will try to take an entrance, though any entrance leading towards the woods should be left open so they can retreat into their own demise. Since there will be a single leftover knight, he will remain with us as we go around and provide support.

btw, what equipment/magic do we have ourselves?
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2015, 05:20:25 pm »

Do theses rites and chants have effects? Offensive/Defensive/Buff/Debuff magics?

The rites, and chants of the Banigar are holy passages that have been used by the faithful since the founding of this great Kingdom, they are as powerful and effective as a priests favor with the Banigar is. Saints have led a dozen men into battle against hundreds, and managed to achieve victory against all odds, or even managed to slay dragons and other beasts of old magic.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 05:34:08 pm »

vague powers are vague

Our role in this fight will be to run around and chant our chants with the vigor of an obese american watching a football game. Hope that our enemy bursts into holy flames, or something. Just hope that nothing bad happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3