Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight  (Read 12896 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2015, 07:05:28 pm »

Deegan keeps up the vinegar trick staying in as much cover and as far away as he can get from the machine. 
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2015, 07:10:38 pm »

I'd like to volunteer for a test-battle.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:23 pm »

I want the pits completely underground with support pillars and a crust of earth between the air and the pits of the aforementioned strength.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:33 pm »

Curses again.

Averus ignites the flamethrower again, deciding to take cover this time and blowing up Deegan's cover with his Auto-Cannon.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2015, 09:21:09 pm »

Finished

Purified:
Name: Marcus the Cain
Inventory: A black leather trenchcoat with "CAIN" branded in with gold. His body is lined with blue, glowing tattoos, and he is of a lean, muscular build, with no head or facial hair, and a prominent chin.
General Skills: The generic human skills that everyone but Pilots have access to. You get 200 points to spend between them, for now at least. Purified get double what everyone else gets!
Guns:40
Melee:40
Dodge: 40
Strength:40
Agility:40
Purified Abilities: These are what augmentations your character has that set him apart from "Normal". Some have to be activated, but it is generally as a free action that can happen at any time. You only get 100 points between these, emphasizing your normal skills over special ones.

Armor: 0
Weapon Specialty: 0
Action Specialty:0
Enhanced Skill:
10:Guns
10:Melee
10:Dodge
10:Strength
10:Agility
Special: 35:(Gear Switch: Marcus has been imbued with an alchemical gear system, which enables him to further boost his abilities for a short time, at the potential cost of injury and fatigue.
Gear 1-Green: His skills increase from 50to 63but he has a possibility of being slightly fatigued. His tattoos glow green, and he bulks up slightly.
Gear 2-Yellow: His skills increase from 63 to 79, but he is guaranteed to be slightly fatigued, with a possibility of moderate fatigue and minor injury. His tattoos glow yellow, he bulks up noticeably, and spikes begin to protrude from his skin.
Gear 3-Orange: His skills increase from 79 to 99, but he is guaranteed to be moderately fatigued and have minor injury, with a possibility of severe fatigue and moderate injury. His tattoos glow orange, he is a bulked up like a muscle-builder, and the spikes are clearly noticeable, with a set of small horns sticking from his head.
Gear 4-Red: His skills increase from 99 to 124, but he is guaranteed to be severely fatigue and have moderated injury, with a possibility of complete fatigue and severe injury. His tattoos glow red, he is a borderline hulk, and he looks like a demon.)
15:(Alchemical Armoury: He has special alchemy nano bot stations lined in his trench coat which allow him to take out any standard military firearm or melee weapon he needs on the battlefield. He has two ports in his wrist-cuffs, for tiny weapons, 2 ports on his belt, for short weapons and handguns and SMGs, and one large port on his coat back, for long swords and shotguns.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:46:36 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2015, 09:30:49 pm »

Is backstory necessary? It's not like it'll ever come up except for maybe the intro.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:33 pm »

I was thinking that the skill with the axe would help with that, but I'll put some points into melee
Basically, you have a lot of muscle and a big flaming axe, but you're absolutely terrible at actually hitting anything :P.

What he said. Having a powerful weapon and huge muscles doesn't really help if you can't hit anything.

Ignore.

But...it is telling me to ignore it. So if I ignore it, that means not ignoring it. What should I do!

I'll make a character at some point in the next few hours then.

And as a thought for how AoE and distance could work:

Alchemists could have a range limit based on skills, they can extend the range by creating arrays (more or less symbols) that let them either create an effect within a similarly limited range from the array, or use it as a segment for a massive array. Huge arrays take several segments minimum, segment arrays cannot be used for effect generation. An array could in theory be created via alchemical projection to transmute matter into an array. Arrays can be scuffed, destroyed, filled in, or damaged to remove it disable them.

An alchemist still would need LoS to a target, if they intend to make a targeted attack from an array. Making an AoE around the array would not need LoS cause they would simply be remembering where it is and using it as a conduit for energy.

Massive arrays could be disabled by damaging even a single segment array, and likely take a while to set up, although they could have battle changing effects if activated. Unless you're the one triggering it, you probably don't wanna be in it.

Thoughts on that system? Would keep them in the original support role but would give them the range needed (with setup), as well as AoE. The massive array section could qualify as that class special you mentioned earlier that Alchemists don't have but others do.

I was thinking more from a mechanics perspective-Honestly, this problem is pretty common with all the attacks at the moment. I will probably end up making sub-stats for the weapons, describing things like the damage done, AoE, range, etc.

Example:
Alchemech Weaponry:
Machine Gun(30)
Anti-Infantry
Range (5)
Rate of Fire (20)
Damage (5)
Area of Effect (1)(No cost for 1)

As a very-early example.

While your lore is interesting, I generally prefer to write my own lore for big things, and changing the way alchemy works in such a grand way would completely change the setting. Especially considering this is kind of the second game in the setting, the world has already been built and that really doesn't fit into it, in my opinion.

I'd like to volunteer for a test-battle.

Then we just have to find someone for you to fight.

I want the pits completely underground with support pillars and a crust of earth between the air and the pits of the aforementioned strength.

So you want to make a pit, except several platforms, and have the pits covered by a thin layer of ground? I am tired.

Tiiireeeeed. It seems to happen a lot to me.

Is backstory necessary? It's not like it'll ever come up except for maybe the intro.

Back stories are an important part of character design, a character with no history is not really a character at all.

Ill get to the fights...Tomorrow? When I have the time. If I end up getting enough studying done for the exam.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:22 am »

Make the shell thicker.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2015, 04:39:15 am »

Made a new character, btw
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2015, 08:20:51 am »

Pretty much.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2015, 10:31:28 pm »

Bump. This won't die, not yet anyway...
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2015, 02:48:31 am »

Well, somehow I'm not so sure about that....

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2015, 02:36:03 pm »

Its not dead, it isn't even alive yet  :-\. I am kinda busy right now, and don't really have to rush the test fights or character sheets. I gota take an exam in ten minutes and should probably be getting some studying done, bye.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2015, 04:08:37 pm »

I'll make a character eventually. Being lazy.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

I'll make a character eventually. Being lazy.

Eh, no hurry. I probably won't even be able to get to anything important until the weekend anyway.

Purified:
Name: Marcus the Cain
Inventory: A black leather trenchcoat with "CAIN" branded in with gold. His body is lined with blue, glowing tattoos, and he is of a lean, muscular build, with no head or facial hair, and a prominent chin.
General Skills: The generic human skills that everyone but Pilots have access to. You get 200 points to spend between them, for now at least. Purified get double what everyone else gets!
Guns:40
Melee:40
Dodge: 40
Strength:40
Agility:40
Purified Abilities: These are what augmentations your character has that set him apart from "Normal". Some have to be activated, but it is generally as a free action that can happen at any time. You only get 100 points between these, emphasizing your normal skills over special ones.

Armor: 0
Weapon Specialty: 0
Action Specialty:0
Enhanced Skill:
10:Guns
10:Melee
10:Dodge
10:Strength
10:Agility
Special: 35:(Gear Switch: Marcus has been imbued with an alchemical gear system, which enables him to further boost his abilities for a short time, at the potential cost of injury and fatigue.
Gear 1-Green: His skills increase from 50to 63but he has a possibility of being slightly fatigued. His tattoos glow green, and he bulks up slightly.
Gear 2-Yellow: His skills increase from 63 to 79, but he is guaranteed to be slightly fatigued, with a possibility of moderate fatigue and minor injury. His tattoos glow yellow, he bulks up noticeably, and spikes begin to protrude from his skin.
Gear 3-Orange: His skills increase from 79 to 99, but he is guaranteed to be moderately fatigued and have minor injury, with a possibility of severe fatigue and moderate injury. His tattoos glow orange, he is a bulked up like a muscle-builder, and the spikes are clearly noticeable, with a set of small horns sticking from his head.
Gear 4-Red: His skills increase from 99 to 124, but he is guaranteed to be severely fatigue and have moderated injury, with a possibility of complete fatigue and severe injury. His tattoos glow red, he is a borderline hulk, and he looks like a demon.)
15:(Alchemical Armoury: He has special alchemy nano bot stations lined in his trench coat which allow him to take out any standard military firearm or melee weapon he needs on the battlefield. He has two ports in his wrist-cuffs, for tiny weapons, 2 ports on his belt, for short weapons and handguns and SMGs, and one large port on his coat back, for long swords and shotguns.)

The concept looks fine with me, but I might have to mess around with the numbers a bit to prevent it from becoming overpowered. You will probably have to take some time summoning the weapons, like an Alchemist attempting to do the same would.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9