Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight  (Read 12918 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 07:48:34 pm »

They are attached to my mech intially and climb off and start crawling towards enemy mechs.

Edited Rail cannon to Auto-Cannon (Fires Large Shells). In case anyone wonders, the mech is humanoid.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:51:00 pm by Pencil_Art »

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »

Welcome back! Do you want to volunteer for test-fights?
Of course!
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 07:55:39 pm »

Would medical alchemy just qualify as healing? Or could you in theory do alterations?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 08:05:40 pm »

They are attached to my mech intially and climb off and start crawling towards enemy mechs.

Edited Rail cannon to Auto-Cannon (Fires Large Shells). In case anyone wonders, the mech is humanoid.

Alright! Looks great, until I end up changing the rules and ruining everything.

Welcome back! Do you want to volunteer for test-fights?
Of course!

Then the testfight will begin! Right after I finish my Online Homework due tonight!

Deegan Emric VS Averus Stynlat. You mispronounce each others' names in a bar and decide to get in a fight about it, so you meat in the ruins of a city for some reason. There is plenty of cover all around, not another person in sight, and a crippled human facing down a massive war machine. Make your first move!

Would medical alchemy just qualify as healing? Or could you in theory do alterations?

Alchemical medical can, in theory, be used for other altercations such as those done in the making of some Purified. It is kind of the same way that Alchemical Transmutations can, in theory, make mecha. It takes time, it takes effort, and it takes level ups to be able to do it to yourself. Doing it to NPCs may or may not be fine. If you want to do a character that alters itself all the time, you might want to become a Purified with that as his/her special ability.

If you could describe exactly what you want to do, I could give you a more clear idea of what the limits are!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 08:10:26 pm »

I want to join plz

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:32 pm »

A combination of some self alteration and using "medical" for offense rather then healing (although healing is possible). Such as AoE heart fuggling, brain damage, horrible Cromwell grade mutations, and so on.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 08:15:49 pm »

Can I import my old character?
Spoiler: Alchemech Pilot (Old) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:19:42 pm by Remuthra »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 08:25:31 pm »

I want to join plz

Accepted! In case I forgot to say it, pretty much anyone who wants to play is in at this point. If I get overwhelmed like last time, I can always just burn everything and run. Feel free to make a character and participate in the test fighting.

A combination of some self alteration and using "medical" for offense rather then healing (although healing is possible). Such as AoE heart fuggling, brain damage, horrible Cromwell grade mutations, and so on.

That is fine, though you would have to take it as an Alchemical weapon rather than using the healing skill, and it will have to be *very* limited self-alteration (ears are fine). Though it will have pretty bad range, I guess I could give the attacks a small bonus based on your medical skill. Heart surgery isn't easy to do, not even when you are trying to mess it up, and using magic, don't expect this to instakill everything!

Can I import my old character?
Spoiler: Alchemech Pilot (Old) (click to show/hide)

Importing characters is fine, and almost everyone from the Old game has done so now. Well, at least half of everyone. Almost half maybe.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 08:27:53 pm »

Ooh, didn't even see the test fight part. This'll be fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 08:36:19 pm »

Trying to explode a heart is actually pretty easy, all you need to do is rupture a chamber and the whole thing will rip itself apart. Hearts really aren't structurally stable. And the whole thing pulls at itself constantly. Even if it misses the heart proper and ruptures a nearby blood vessel, it'll still make the person bleed out internally. The human body functions at an As Is level. There are no redundant parts, if you damage anything, it's going to cause huge problems.

Define very limited alteration?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 08:49:29 pm »

Wanna join one?

Trying to explode a heart is actually pretty easy, all you need to do is rupture a chamber and the whole thing will rip itself apart. Hearts really aren't structurally stable. And the whole thing pulls at itself constantly. Even if it misses the heart proper and ruptures a nearby blood vessel, it'll still make the person bleed out internally. The human body functions at an As Is level. There are no redundant parts, if you damage anything, it's going to cause huge problems.

*Checks DM notes*. The heart may be delicate, but that doesn't mean destroying it is easy. You are trying a delicate procedure, on a moving target, that you can't see (as you cannot see their heart), past the ribcage and everything between you and them. Aside from that, Alchemy tends to work horribly at a distance, which is why people like our friend Deegan Emric shoot acid at people instead of just turning all the H2O in their bodies to H2O2. In medical alchemy, moving a heart is moving a heart, no matter what you are trying to do with it. Busting hearts may be easy, but Hermetic magic is hard.

Limited applications: Cosmetic, non-game effecting or generally minor things that you manage to slip by me.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 08:52:55 pm »

Soooo a better target to aim for is the upper thorax. Because everything there is essential to the point that you are ded if something breaks.

And would it be plausible to gain more then just limited applications later on?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »

My character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also a question have airplanes magical equivalent bean invented and if so the bare bones basic of how t works
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:07:35 pm by High tyrol »

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »

I have no idea to even attempt to start combat so...

Deegan gets behind cover as fast as he can.  Though it could potentially hurt him through his gas mask if the cloud were to drift his way, he creates an oxygen cloud around the mech.

((Pure oxygen is a poison and, if you feel like letting it, does up to triple duty as it is lightly corrosive to metal and explodes when in contact with an appropriate catalyst.))
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 08:59:36 pm »

Wanna join one?
Obviously, isn't that the point of the thread :P?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9