Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Let's Write a Story! [Collaborative Story]  (Read 4339 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Write a Story
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 05:28:20 pm »

Can we make a rule no flat-out contradicting another player's post?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 05:29:01 pm »

+1, PTW

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 05:30:37 pm »

(He didn't flat out contradict, but it would be good not to change directions withe every other post. However, I sense that you want to change the direction of the story, and it would probably be better to do so more subtly than "SUDDENLY EXPLOSIONS" )

She could tell he was lost on a train of thought again, as usual, and cleared her throat to get his attention. At that moment, the silver figurine returned, bearing a fresh pot of tea and two cups.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 05:33:58 pm »

She Said,"So Watch yall been up to?"

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 10:37:01 pm »

+1, PTW

Sure, a rule like this makes sense anyway. I assume that this came about as a result of birdy51's post after origamiscienceguy's though I personally don't actually think that this was a contradiction.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Necromancer hid his sigh by taking a small sip from his cup of tea. His ex-wife's changing personalities could be a bother, but that was what one got for dabbling in the arts of Sorcery.

((I'm starting to think that the Necromancer's ex-wife needs a name, does anyone have a good idea for one?)) 

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »

"What I have been up too, my dearest, sweetest Mavin," he  said, carefully bridging into the reason for his visit, "is researching extra-dimensional planes of existance in hopes of finding one suitably ripe for the conquering, so to speak."  He tactfully left out that his undead army was running out of prey to swell their numbers.  Every year a dozen or so rotted away, dwindling his once-impressive army to a mere handful of bones over the past few centuries. 

They were still superior to golems, of course.  Much lower start-up cost, and a construct can't compare to the blood thirtsy flesh-hunger of a freshly reanimated elf.  Mavin would no doubt love to argue that point for hours, of course, but he wasn't in the mood to bicker.  His head was throbbing horridly.  The sooner he got his book, the better - he still couldn't believe he'd lost such a valuable artifact in the divorce in the first place.  He should have known better than to hire a gnome as a lawyer for the divorce proceedings, the lousy little urchin.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 11:16:29 pm »

PtW, and probably contribute once I get a chance.

By the way, I've compiled a more compressed version of the story so far, found here. I'll do my best to keep it updated, though it may take a bit at times.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 11:18:29 pm »

Mavin gave him the evil eye. Oh dear.

"They're starving again, aren't they?" The Necromancer flinched inadvertently. Now he had done it. He took a sip of tea and prepared himself for the incoming argument cascade. "It's like I keep telling you. Golems are the new wave of the future. You've got to give up on those raggedy little things and get into the 9th century. Why, one can craft a golem so cheaply these days with the prerequisite runes and common soapstone, that I really must wonder why you absolutely persist on those dirty pestilent creatures. It's all rather senseless really."

((Mavin is a good name. I rather like it. And... Sorry bout that.))
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 11:21:15 pm »

((Cool, the story in doc form currently has more pages than the thread!))

"As you've said a thousand, thousand times... but let us not rehash that old fight again."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 11:39:10 pm »

PtW, and probably contribute once I get a chance.

By the way, I've compiled a more compressed version of the story so far, found here. I'll do my best to keep it updated, though it may take a bit at times.

Thanks! I just updated the OP with that and some rules.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 11:52:04 pm »

((I forgot to post a new line))

Mavin rolled her eyes, "Why, because you know I'm right?" The Necromancer felt his face heating up and he stammered out the next few words in a hurry, "Yes, well... Anyway, I'm here because I need a book." He paused to see if she knew the one he was talking about. When she gave no sign that she knew what he was talking about he continued, "You know, The... Necromonicon."

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:01 am »

As soon as The Necromancer finished uttering out the last word, the Tome yelled out, " That'ol book won't do ya no good. It an't got watcha need... Why don'tcha looket what I got within these herr pages." Mavin instinctively jumped up quickly at the unfamiliar voice, and just as quick, The Necromancer pulls out the Tome, "Why don't you keep your pages shut before I glue them together!" His thoughts going from one event to the next and trying to recall why he brought it along.

((The Tome may or may not have anything good in it, depends on the future posts. At this moment, it is just being annoying and it seemed like a good time to introduce Mavin and the Tome. Do as your heart desires.))

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 01:56:12 am »

"And anyway." The Necromancer continued, "Last time I asked you about separate worlds you said you knew nothing!"
"Yea, boss but then ya were askin' about worlds. Now ya wanna know abou' loopholes, an' I know all abou' them."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 03:29:02 pm »

(The Necromancer needs a name...)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Write a Story! [Collaborative Story]
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 08:59:26 pm »

Ptw
Might play
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4