Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Magical School (SG)  (Read 12160 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Magical School (SG)
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:05:10 pm »

You are a Atalian. Your beloved Kingdom flourished long agowhen magic was not present in the Kingdom of Atalia. 200 hundered years ago a great insurrection led by, Zalqui the Necromancer, threw the whole kingdom into a protracted civil war. Zalqui took control of the Eastern mountains of the Kingdom and continued to be a thorn on the side of many kings who saw their legitimacy put to shame as the Necromancer mocked them and killed anyone who challenged him. Then the Empire of Uruns led by Saladin invaded the country from the south and slauthered everyone in order to plunder their pockets. Zalqui and the Kings failed time and time again as they fought Saladins forces and only after a final defensive at the Port city of Radoz did Saladin fall to an arrow. Without their Emperor the Uruns lost the will to fight and fled with their ill gotten riches.

Things stayed consistent with skirmishes, ruin, and economic collapse threatening to sap what little strength the Kingdom had left as the two juggernauts forces collided again and again. It was not until Prince Raynor challenged Zalqui to a magical duel with the losers soul being sealed forever and the winner being named crown prince. The duel was seen by very few but what is known is that Prince Raynor narrowly dodged defeat and defeated Zalqui. However, Zalqui's foll lowers demanded revenge and refused to accept the stakes until a compromise introduced by Prince Raynor was accepted.

The Compromise consisted of more magical freedoms for magicians and built two schools: Zaku the school of Dark arts and Radoz the school of hope. The two schools compete for students every year and both have 250 students each. You have been a chance to go to one of these schools.

But how was it that you got in and who are you?

Name: (First and Last)
Magical attunement: (Fire, Water, Earth, and Air)
Road to glory: 1. Well connected Noble 2. Wealthy merchant father 3. Recommended by magical mother. 4. Something else?

((If you keep 4 i ask that you try to be serious with it.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Magical School (SG)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:18:22 pm »

Name: Fal Zanti.
Magical Attunement: Fire.
Road to glory: Child of one of the teachers, extremely overactive and uncontrolled magic, nearly accidentally burned down the house. Control is needed. (and a fireproof room) Teacher recommended.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:46 pm »

Name: Alice Greenwall
Magical attunement: Water
Road to glory: Well-connected noble.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:25:15 pm »

Saladin was a real person is all I can say. :D

Name: Hylex Vytek
Magical Attunement: Water
Road to glory: A strong mind and a natural aptitude for magic made this Atalian a natural choice for scholarship. He almost declined on the grounds that he wasn't very strong physically, but though better of it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:51:11 pm by Pencil_Art »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:29:18 pm »

Road to glory: A strong mind and body combined with a natural aptitude for magic made this Atalian a natural choice for scholarship. He almost declined, but though better of it.
+1. I love Mary Sues.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 08:36:19 pm »

Road to glory: A strong mind and body combined with a natural aptitude for magic made this Atalian a natural choice for scholarship. He almost declined, but though better of it.
+1. I love Mary Sues.

If Hylex gets picked then i'll have to speed things up to bring on the pain train to you guys ;)

No he wasn't. He's totally made up :)

EDIT:

Road to glory: A strong mind and body combined with a natural aptitude for magic made this Atalian a natural choice for scholarship. He almost declined, but though better of it. [VALID: YES/NO]

Actually I think it'd be better if you made the character a little weaker or something.

EDIT 2: Now all we need is Air to pass the equal opportunity inspections (hint hint lurkers :D)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 09:08:54 pm by 3man75 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:09 pm »

So we a choice for each attunement

Name: Vos Ranos
Magical Attunement: Earth
Road to glory: Recommended by his mother, if only to stop him from constantly disappearing into the ground to wander the darkness below and be alone with his thoughts.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:20 pm »

Edited.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 08:51:43 pm »

Road to glory: Child of one of the teachers, extremely overactive and uncontrolled magic, nearly accidentally burned down the house. Control is needed. (and a fireproof room) Teacher recommended.

+1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 08:52:03 pm »

I like dis one. Pick dis one.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 09:16:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fal Zanti Daugher of Professor Zane Zanti. An who better to get you in than a veteran magician and renowned proffesor at what academy again?

Was it Zaku or Rodaz?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 09:18:37 pm »

Rodaz
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

Rodaz
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »

Zaku sounds a lil more fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 09:31:07 pm »

Zaku.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8