Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade  (Read 8766 times)

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:55:10 pm »

Recently discovered that this game is actually still in development and being released this year, after seeing it about a year and a half ago and assuming that it had stop being worked on (silly me eh?). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else was going to get this too? If you don't know of it (or Warhammer in general), I highly suggest you check it (them) out, as it seems awesome!

Site: https://www.eternalcrusade.com/
FAQ: https://www.eternalcrusade.com/faq
Factions At War: https://www.eternalcrusade.com/game/factions-at-war/space-marines
Forum: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/
My guild: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/juras-crusaders-space-marines.43965/ (The first few people to join will be getting leadership positions :D)
My chatroom: http://us23.chatzy.com/31527092413161 (you don't need a password to talk but you do need a password to be an admin. If it gets popular I will add admins)

(And a little background information on the factions)
Space Marines: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marines
Orks: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Orks
Eldar: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Eldar
Chaos Space Marines: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine
Tyranids: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Tyranids

A little about the game: You play as one of four factions (Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Eldar and Orkz) and fight for control of a planet called Arkhona. Each faction tries to take territories while fighting other factions in PvP combat, as well as a PvE mode where you are also attacked by tyrannids (a group of hive mind aliens who seek to devour all organic material). As of now, each faction has 4 different groups (Eg Chapters for Space Marines, Craftworlds for Eldar etc), and a variety of different classes (see the factions at war link). While each faction works to gain territories, within the factions you have player run groups called "Guilds", which if you have played or even heard of an MMO you will know how that works. Overall, it looks to be a pretty decent game. They are even releasing a free to play mode, where you play as an ork (although most likely with less features than someone who bought the game).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:19:20 am by fitzitz »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 03:59:21 pm »

You may want to post links. Both to the site and any interviews/videos/whatever.
Also, give some information. I believe I know what this game is, but some peopl might not.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 04:04:53 pm »

Searching for existing threads is a thing, also.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127221.0
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 04:09:33 pm »

That was last posted in some 6-7 months ago, though. That might count as necroing a thread.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 04:14:30 pm »

That was last posted in some 6-7 months ago, though. That might count as necroing a thread.

Talking in an existing thread is the best way to get the attention of people that have previously discussed the game.  Things lay fallow sometimes...  necro is less of a concern around here, generally.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 05:25:15 pm »

As long as your necro is worth it, yeah.

Eternal Crusade is sorta shaping up. I check on the dev videos from time to time. So far, it looks like Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine multiplayer, set in open world maps. Which is pretty rad, actually. It's just coming along with glacial slowness....and they seem to talk as much about something you can buy in the cash shop RIGHT NOW, as they do about actual game development.

Wait, it's being released this year? Unless they've come a long way in the last few months, I find it hard to believe it'll be ready. The last I saw it back in like October, they had basic multiplayer going. None of the meta game and a fraction of the actual game content was done.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:29:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 06:08:03 pm »

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, had to do a bunch of things. I'll update the original post in a minute. Anyway, they expect it to be out at some point this year. My guess is that it will be out sometime around October to December. In case anyone is interested, I have started a Space Marine guild (which I will also post the link to). If you are interested, I have a chatroom you can use to ask me stuff about it (or just plain chat :D).

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 06:28:41 pm »

As long as your necro is worth it, yeah.

Eternal Crusade is sorta shaping up. I check on the dev videos from time to time. So far, it looks like Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine multiplayer, set in open world maps. Which is pretty rad, actually. It's just coming along with glacial slowness....and they seem to talk as much about something you can buy in the cash shop RIGHT NOW, as they do about actual game development.

Wait, it's being released this year? Unless they've come a long way in the last few months, I find it hard to believe it'll be ready. The last I saw it back in like October, they had basic multiplayer going. None of the meta game and a fraction of the actual game content was done.

Yeah I'm guessing they'll have it released mid to late this year but they are still expecting to release it this year. Also, it seems like they have most of the core gameplay in, so it shouldn't be too hard to start implementing everything else.

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 11:19:33 am »

Sorry for the triple post, but just wanted to let you all know that the first post is now updated with all the links.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 12:02:34 am »

I'll definitely be giving this a try. Sounds rather like Planetside 40,000 but with a bit more RPGiness to it, which sounds good to me. Planetside 2 ended up as feeling a bit generic across the different factions and options, with everything as a side grade in a way regardless of role (Except engineer or infiltrator), so hopefully a real leveling system and a bit of an NPC 'Nid faction for quests in between PvP bouts will help alleviate that. The differences between 40k factions is far more apparent than in PS2.

I'll give it a burl as an Ork to test it out, then I'm going to have to continue the Vanu Mobile Disco, 40k style, as some sort of Eldar. Really hoping I can be a Striking Scorpion with Hallucinogenic and Tanglefoot Grenades riding in a Fire Prism or something equally whacky. Nightwing Fighter flying, bonesinging engineer perhaps as well? Or just a twin-linked autocannon Warbike riding, plasma pistol toting Speedfreak? Stormboy Kaptin with a power klaw? That would be boss. All of them.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:04:21 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 12:20:07 am »

It certainly sounds interesting, and the content they've mentioned as being present so far is intriguing. I might try this when it comes out, the free version first, but the thing that's making me a bit hesitant is the low amount of screenshots and gameplay videos. There are some up on their website last time I looked but those were rather unfinished maps and models.

I would like to see them do a larger release of visual media sometime soon. It would help a lot with seeing what directions they're taking the game in exactly.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 05:07:23 am »

$40.00 USD for
40000 pts
$450.00 USD for
610000 pts

oh

one of those

nevermind
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 11:31:02 am »

Yep. Their F2P model is still basically completely ridiculous. It's truly only F2P in the sense you can demo it playing a race of assholes and hooligans. If you want to play the actual game, you're going to basically pay box price on it....to start with.

If they had toned down the F2P greed that has been showing on this project from Day 1, I'd be about 20x more excited for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 11:44:00 am »

Yep. Their F2P model is still basically completely ridiculous. It's truly only F2P in the sense you can demo it playing a race of assholes and hooligans. If you want to play the actual game, you're going to basically pay box price on it....to start with.

If they had toned down the F2P greed that has been showing on this project from Day 1, I'd be about 20x more excited for it.

If they toned down the greed, they wouldn't be allowed in with the cool kids like GWS themselves. Gotta keep up with the Jonesses.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:15:44 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 12:11:00 pm »

If they toned down the greed, they wouldn't be allowed in with the cool kids like GWG themselves. Gotta keep up with the Jonesses.
What does GreatWyrmGold have to do with this game?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5