Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99594 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #1425 on: July 21, 2017, 10:05:51 am »

Ya know, I'm eager to get started. Sort of waiting for a GM response on my end, but other people should be posting.

Edit: Just noticed Felix left Twinwolf hanging with no one to talk to, so what's up with that? :P I'm sure you two can interact with one another...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 21, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »

Sorry, still adjusting to working a 9-5 job internship. It's messing with my schedule. Post coming tonight, so get your actions in.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 23, 2017, 02:26:42 pm »

I was more waiting on her to say something. I'm still in that room.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 23, 2017, 03:29:38 pm »

I was more waiting on her to say something. I'm still in that room.

Well it's obviously not happening, so take some initiative. :P

Also you might want to put an action in, maybe to look for some plot hooks? Give the GM something to write, the poor guy wants to do an update but no one except me is giving him anything to work with.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 23, 2017, 06:16:32 pm »

I actually didn't realize they were waiting on me :p
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 23, 2017, 09:54:59 pm »

Also you might want to put an action in, maybe to look for some plot hooks? Give the GM something to write, the poor guy wants to do an update but no one except me is giving him anything to work with.
It's mostly that I've been writing very slowly. There are a couple plot hooks here that could be pulled on.
Spoiler: For Example: (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 24, 2017, 10:02:51 am »

Question, can I get my discoveries in a more coherent/rules form?

For Ex...

Bone Armor
1st-level abjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (The recently removed bone of creature with 6 INT or higher)
Duration: 8 hours

You touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor, and a field of ghostly bone plates surrounds it until the spell ends-it is intangible and invisible until the wearer takes damage. The target’s base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier, +1 per 4 HD of the creature the material component was harvested from. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.

Also I feel I'm missing half of something here.

From the manifests and inventories, the cargo seems to have been loaded on multiple wagons, and is heading north to Baldur's Gate, where they are supposed to meet someone in the city, and recieve new directions. Perhaps the best thing to do is to try and follow their trail.

Cargo? And Baldurs Gate is a long way away, was this meant to be info I send to the Lords Alliance?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 27, 2017, 01:24:12 am »

A potion that starts a fire in your stomach, causing you to breath fire, while severely damaging your internal organs.
Dragon's Belly:
This potion is a slick, black oil that reflects brightly.
The turn after you ingest this potion, make a DC 15 Constitution Save. If you succeed, you vomit out the potion (rendering it useless, because no one's going to drink their own vomit), along with your breakfast. If you fail, a fire begins to boil in your belly.
For 1d6 turns, the fire rages in your intestines, dealing 1d6 Fire damage each turn. At any time during this process, you may choose to breathe a 15 ft. cone of fire, dealing 1d6 damage for each turn you suffered the potion's effects. Targets caught in the cone may attempt a DC 15 Dexterity Save for half damage. If you do not choose to breathe the cone by the end of the potion's duration, you automatically breathe the cone in a random direction.
A 'potion' that allows you to distill dragonblood, or any dragon residue into a drinkable form, imbuing you with some temporary affinity for the element the dragon embodies.
Dragon's Blood:
This is a thin vial, filled with a vial of deep red ichor. Sometimes, you find frost on the glass, or a static shock when you touch it,
 or a corroding cork, depending on the dragon blood inside.

When drunk, the drinker gains resistance to the damage type associated with the dragon who was used to create the potion. When imbuded by a Sorcerer with a Draconic Ancestor, they gain 2 Sorcery points until they take a long rest. In addition, they gain advantage on Charisma checks with that color of dragon.
Several rituals that call on the Dragon-Queen to aid her followers. Most are Divine, and thus, are likely actually beseeching her, which might be a bad idea. One is Arcane, and thus actually usable by the party. It seems to permit to enscribe a powerful runic symbol on a dragon scale to destructive effect.
Scale of the Lyn Rune:
A rune who I will write up later. Basically, lightning, transformation, teleportation. It's good stuff.
You discover a new spell called Bone Armor.
Bone Armor
1st-level abjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (The recently removed bone of creature with 6 INT or higher)
Duration: 8 hours

You touch a willing creature who isn’t wearing armor, and a field of ghostly bone plates surrounds it until the spell ends-it is intangible and invisible until the wearer takes damage. The target’s base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier, +1 per 4 HD of the creature the material component was harvested from. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
That's exactly it. I've nothing to add to it.

Also I feel I'm missing half of something here.

From the manifests and inventories, the cargo seems to have been loaded on multiple wagons, and is heading north to Baldur's Gate, where they are supposed to meet someone in the city, and receive new directions. Perhaps the best thing to do is to try and follow their trail.

Cargo? And Baldurs Gate is a long way away, was this meant to be info I send to the Lords Alliance?
Ah, I should have been more clear. After you caused a mini-religious civil war inside the camp, the folks in charge were able to get everybody under control, according to these documents. They loaded up wagons with most of the loot gained from the raid on Greenest, and are on their way north. The Lord's Alliance would be very interested in hearing this, but since it's a few months by road, they're unlikely to act on it immediately. Nothing bad will happen if you don't. Not sharing this information yet might even be a good idea, after all, there is a local secret organization out and about.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 27, 2017, 01:29:02 am »

yeah can i get uhhhhh B O N E L E S S armor
Black lives matter.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 04, 2017, 03:29:34 pm »

Now here is where we need Gm intervention.

In various D&D canons some beings are literally elemental evil (Like Demons/Devils), so much so that if they ever ceased to become evil, they would stop existing. Likewise many humanoids are said to be born evil (from our point of view), designed by the Gods, or nature just to be that way. Even if they try to be 'good', they have constant 'evil' tendencies.

But, I have no idea if you could actually raise a Black Dragon not to be 'evil'. I'm not entirely sure our concept of morality would fairly apply to a non-humanoid. Would it be like trying to raise an intelligent shark?

Now if we go by strict canon, then Takhisis/Tiamat literally designed Chromatic Dragons to be her evil minions. Of course things are confused in 5th edition, because we have no more way to detect absolute good or evil anymore. So really it is up to the GM. :P

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 04, 2017, 06:44:56 pm »

In short: Fuck the Baby Orc Dilemma.

In long: In general, I don't like the idea of an entire race of creatures being evil just because their stat block says so, but it is a guideline I generally follow. Orcs are not required to be evil, though most that you encounter will be. They exist on one end of a spectrum, towards the more flexible side of alignments. Chromatic Dragons are a little more complicated, as they exist on the other end of that spectrum.

In this specific case, the wyrmlings that emerge from these eggs will act on their natural impulses: to eat, to hoard, and to torture. Black Dragon wyrmlings are known for their cruelty; many a traveler trapped in quicksand has spent their dying moments tormented by a small wyrmling biting at them, leaving vines just out of reach, or simply just grinning at the helpless mortal. If you can design a proper rearing regime, you could raise them to be upstanding dragons.
Edit: ie side quest fodder
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:10:22 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 05, 2017, 03:18:58 pm »

And raising it to be not an asshole is my plan. Yes they are NORMALLY Evil but sometimes that's an issue of upbringing. If we teach it to act beyond base instincts... then we should be just fine. And yes Arwen volunteers to wrestle it as needed so it doesn't bite anyone else.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 09, 2017, 10:34:56 am »

Alright, updates at glacial speed...

Can you other guys figure out what you are doing in city for the next few days? 'Looking for trouble at the river' would work. I already did mine, and am waiting for you to catch up to me in the future. So we can continue the adventuuuuure.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 10, 2017, 11:09:00 pm »

Alright, updates at glacial speed...
Thanks for the new avatar. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 11, 2017, 12:36:15 pm »

We need Cora to weigh in, the Dragon expert.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98