Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99725 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #1140 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:40 pm »

Alright, thanks. I'd been under the impression the entire fight was happening on top of the cliff.

Brb retconning reality slightly.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 12, 2016, 07:23:24 pm »

Oh and my rib is broken.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 12, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »

Oh, yeah, that happened a few rooms ago, but yes.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 13, 2016, 12:24:36 am »

Given the damage done while the roper ripped it open to get at the rations, was anything else beyond the rations wrecked?  Probably most notably the healer's kit, waterskins, and samples for the alchemist, but also the journal and the pack itself.  Mostly asking so I know how to update my sheet.

...also, I suppose this is a silly question, but is there any roper dung nearby? Actually, scratch that one; that should go in IC once I have an answer to the above since it will require a check.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:33:03 am by Culise »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 13, 2016, 12:37:38 am »

*rolls some dice* *frowns at dice* *rolls more dice*
The roper drooled all over it, so the bedroll, blanket, and backpack are soaked in roper drool. The good news is that the journal is fine, and hey, maybe the drool is worth something.
And yes, surprisingly enough, there is some roper dung on the floor. It's small, minerally, yet foul smelling, and in the shape of small stalagmites.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 17, 2016, 04:06:09 pm »

Right now your main options are to push further into the cavern, seeking out the rest of the cultists and whatever might be left of the loot they stole from Greenest, or to leave and lick your wounds, before deciding on your next move. You should note that if you leave now, the remaining cultists will be on high alert.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 17, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »

I wanted to fall back a bit just to down some healing potions for Mirella.

Big question: Am I wrong in assuming we're essentially in a standoff...?

I didn't want the party to hang around. With all the enemies who could probably kill us if they decided to attack.

Or should I disregard that and push forward? Is the encounter 'defused'?

I just didn't want us to trigger another battle until Mirella was healed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 17, 2016, 05:46:27 pm »

Oh, yeah, sorry, the encounter is defused. The drakes nor the roper will not attack unless you provoke them. Furthermore, you retreated to the cave entrance, back to the start.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 17, 2016, 05:58:42 pm »

Right, push forward then!

...I don't really have the time at the moment for anything more complex than that.

Culise, you should really figure how many potions we have and down some. We are walking on eggshells until you are healed. You are a one module mandated CR2 falling rock trap from death.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 18, 2016, 03:39:03 am »

There are eight potions left, by my count, at 2d4+2 a piece. How many do you want to drink?

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 18, 2016, 01:48:37 pm »

If we push forward I'm gonna stay back and sling spells because I'm useless otherwise at the moment. Hope that's cool.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 18, 2016, 02:00:22 pm »

If we push forward I'm gonna stay back and sling spells because I'm useless otherwise at the moment. Hope that's cool.

Oh yeah, the exhaustion.

Well, you still have alot of HP left, you can at least take some damage, right? :P

Also, if at any point we're gonna assume stealth has no more purpose you could just wade into battle and spam thunderclap!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 18, 2016, 03:18:05 pm »

I'd assume seven since I bought eight and one was used to revive me, but I had also assumed that each person had taken custody of their own potions, so Mirella really only has two of her own. Also, we really don't need to waste healing potions when I have several spells left and no pressing needs for other actions.  It would be better to save those until and unless there comes a time where we need healing and I am not immediately available to sling the appropriate spells.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:19:58 pm by Culise »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 18, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »

Your move speed was halved and your skill checks have disadvantage, but otherwise, you're in fine condition to fight or cast as the spirit moves you.
I'd assume seven since I bought eight and one was used to revive me, but I had also assumed that each person had taken custody of their own potions, so Mirella really only has two of her own.
Arwen had earned two for fighting Cyanwrath, the half dragon champion, and then drank one, making the total eight.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 18, 2016, 05:29:58 pm »

I thought my attack checks were getting disadvantages as well? since they're not, I'll play it by ear.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 98