Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99735 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #765 on: November 12, 2015, 07:14:43 pm »

Huh, I read there wasn't prestige classes in 5e...
There aren't, by Core. But I accept Unearthed Arcana and Homebrew, so there are prestige classes.
Yeah...I could have taken it, but I messed up my build by taking a feat in this last level-I don't have enough DEX to meet the requirements. Oh well.
You can change your choices. You haven't actually used that feat yet, so I'm okay with you dropping it, or retraining it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 12, 2015, 07:24:56 pm »

Alright, I made the changes-no more feat, just stat points. Now I just have to find the special runes to 'unlock' the class...it seems like the sort of thing that almost requires a side quest. And GM support.

It really does fit me though, since I have always envisioned Johanna as a stonecarver.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 12, 2015, 07:28:45 pm »

Right.  I have computer access.
Building a prestige class here I go...

Why the SPORK...

Right.  I'm working from the Pathfinder version, not the 3.5 version.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/dragon-disciple
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:52:01 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 12, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »

Alright, I made the changes-no more feat, just stat points. Now I just have to find the special runes to 'unlock' the class...it seems like the sort of thing that almost requires a side quest. And GM support.

It really does fit me though, since I have always envisioned Johanna as a stonecarver.
Well, as the GM, I'm supporting you.
Right.  I have computer access.
Building a prestige class here I go...
Under further analysis, your Dragon bloodline gives you a lot of stuff that Dragon Disciple would give you, like wings, and a draconic aura. If you'd like to make a prestige class, please do so, but keep in mind that you'll get a lot of the stuff later on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2015, 07:53:01 pm »

I will go compare feature lists, then.

Things missing:
Blindsense, but that's from Pathfinder.  I think.
Breath weapon.
Natural weaponry (cannot have too many backups, also claws are awesome)
Actually transforming into a dragon.  Actually, is that on the sorcerer spell list?
E:Sorta.

More hitdice. (Sort of kind of solved by the polymorph thing, except I bet dragons have too much CR.  This is kind of the thing the GM needs to tell me at this point...)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:18:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 12, 2015, 09:01:33 pm »

Well, if I do take it, I know my level 2 spell. Agnazzar's Scorcher.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 12, 2015, 09:24:39 pm »

...So I have a question.  Well, really, at least five, but still.
If someone's polymorphed into a creature that can cast spells, can they cast spells?
How is "creature that can cast spells" defined?
Can you self-target with polymorph?
If you self-target with polymorph, would you need to keep making saves to maintain the polymorph?
If you self-target with polymorph, can you end the polymorph yourself?
What's the CR of dragons, just generally on age/size/whatever determining factor?

...Actually, this sounds like a question or four for the D&D stackexchange site...

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/62530/how-do-polymorph-like-spells-interact-with-spellcasting-capability
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/64808/can-you-use-a-dragons-change-shape-ability-to-turn-back-into-yourself?rq=1
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/62043/does-a-caster-under-the-effect-of-a-true-polymorph-spell-retain-their-class-leve?rq=1

That's a definite 'maybe', I suppose.

Or, as this would make more sense ICly, maybe I could learn Pathfinder's form of the dragon spell.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:53:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 12, 2015, 09:41:31 pm »

I think I WILL go Eldritch Knight. Having some spells in my back pocket would be HILARIOUS.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:25 pm »

Now everyone is a caster!

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 12, 2015, 10:00:41 pm »

Hmmm... Don't get level 2 spells until level 7 though....That's kind of annoying...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 12, 2015, 10:12:06 pm »

...So I have a question.  Well, really, at least five, but still.
If someone's polymorphed into a creature that can cast spells, can they cast spells?
How is "creature that can cast spells" defined?
Can you self-target with polymorph?
If you self-target with polymorph, would you need to keep making saves to maintain the polymorph?
If you self-target with polymorph, can you end the polymorph yourself?
What's the CR of dragons, just generally on age/size/whatever determining factor?

...Actually, this sounds like a question or four for the D&D stackexchange site...

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/62530/how-do-polymorph-like-spells-interact-with-spellcasting-capability
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/64808/can-you-use-a-dragons-change-shape-ability-to-turn-back-into-yourself?rq=1
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/62043/does-a-caster-under-the-effect-of-a-true-polymorph-spell-retain-their-class-leve?rq=1

That's a definite 'maybe', I suppose.

Or, as this would make more sense ICly, maybe I could learn Pathfinder's form of the dragon spell.
Hey, I am (still) kind of wondering about this.

Your rule, I suppose, but I kind of want, because character development, the ability to dragon-form at some point.

Also, here's the spell I'm talking about.
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. In which everyone's a caster.
« Reply #776 on: November 12, 2015, 10:15:27 pm »

I can work up a spell to get something like that. Stay tuned.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 12, 2015, 10:19:01 pm »

Staying tuned.
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 13, 2015, 03:21:21 am »

From what I've determined, after perusing the DMG, is that the best thing to do is to break this up into multiple spells. If I was to package it all up into one spell, it'd be a pretty high level spell. Anyway, how do they look?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd think that there is a Blindsense spell somewhere, but since Rogues and possibly Transmutation Wizards have access to it, I'd figure that they want to restrict it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 13, 2015, 03:44:30 am »

((By the way, are the prices in the PDF there as normal for this kind of stuff?))
Those prices are what you should be paying, given normal conditions. However, certain situations may cause prices to be higher than normal. On top of that, merchants will often quote a price higher than the value of the item they are selling. Because of this, they are usually open to haggling.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 98