Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99846 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #690 on: November 09, 2015, 02:24:39 pm »

Well, I liked my all 18 stat roll I had gotten first try, but I couldn't prove it, now could I? :P

Also, I haven't done any image stuff but it should be easy as copy paste, right?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 09, 2015, 02:32:15 pm »

Pasting it into the forum editor doesn't work, I don't think.
Trying it anyway.
Yup, can't seem to.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 09, 2015, 02:45:01 pm »

No, I mean copy the file onto and image sharing site? It's possible, just...click on it...

#ProPCadvice
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 09, 2015, 02:57:20 pm »

And if you don't have nor want an account, you're kind of out of luck.

Oh wait, you don't.  Huh.

Uuugh.  Trying to figure out spells.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:04:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 09, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »

So.  If a half-elf was raised in a dwarven settlement, how would the racial abilities/traits work?  It doesn't make sense to blindly follow the PHB.
I was thinking (in vaguely alphabetical order):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is purely speculative at this point, I am perfectly open to a flat "nope", although I might grumble a bit.
I'm okay with it. Since you're losing two skills and a language in exchange for a very specific double proficiency, a tool, and a few weapons, I'm okay with it.
And should I start at the same level as everyone else?
Yes.
How does level up work, anyway?  (Just for base stats, I can pick spells.)
Are you referring to level up in general, or just Ability Score Improvements. It should be pretty clear in the description how level up works.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 09, 2015, 04:05:52 pm »

Ability score improvements.  When and how much? Found it.  Holy fish, I've got a 20 already.
Also, skills.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:10:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 09, 2015, 04:25:22 pm »

You get Proficiency in skills based on your race, class and background. Proficiency in skills gives you a bonus equal to your Proficiency modifier when using it. As a Sorcerer, you choose two from Arcana, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Persuasion, and Religion. Your background will give you another two skills.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 09, 2015, 04:32:06 pm »

Right.

What backgrounds are there?
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 09, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »

Backgrounds, in addition to granting skills, can grant additional proficiencies, in tools, languages, instruments, or various other stuff. They also give you a Feature and some gear.
The official ones from the PHB are Acolyte, Charlatan, Criminal (Spy alternative), Entertainer (Gladiator alternative), Folk Hero, Guild Artisan (Guild Trader alternative), Hermit, Noble (Knight alternative), Outlander, Sage, Sailor (Pirate alternative), Soldier, and Urchin.
Tyranny of the Dragons includes two partial backgrounds; specifically Features that replace the Features granted by the background, Cult of the Dragon Infiltrator and Dragon Scholar. The details on them are in the OP.
There are also homebrew ones, which you can find easily on Google. Run it by me first if you choose one of them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 09, 2015, 05:25:17 pm »

Tyranny of the Dragons includes two partial backgrounds; specifically Features that replace the Features granted by the background, Cult of the Dragon Infiltrator and Dragon Scholar. The details on them are in the OP.
Uh, no they aren't...?
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 09, 2015, 05:28:37 pm »

They are abbreviated, sorry. Hover over them, or quote the OP.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:23 pm »

They are abbreviated, sorry. Hover over them, or quote the OP.
Oh, THAT'S what that meant.
*glares at Chrome*

So what does Dragon Scholar do, anyway?
Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 09, 2015, 05:35:05 pm »

So what does Dragon Scholar do, anyway?

You volunteer to be the hammer the GM wields to help move the plot along? :P

Kidding aside, it seems like the sort of character who can identify all sorts of Dragons/Draconic beings which plague this campaign. Which is invaluable! For knowledge reasons.

Probably a lot more valuable than my 'position of privilege', which is going to drop in usefulness as soon as we leave any sort of civilized area. Well, it will increase my chance of being attacked and taken prisoner for a royal ransom, so...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 09, 2015, 05:36:03 pm »

Oh, and what does it replace?
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 09, 2015, 05:40:18 pm »

When you choose a background, it replaces the Feature it gives you. For instance, if a Sage was to take it, they would lose Researcher.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98