Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99881 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #585 on: September 08, 2015, 02:06:13 pm »

IMO Sabotage is your best choice, if you want to try. Do something to make them put off the 'festivities' for awhile. Personally, I'd burn the tent down and get the fellow out in the confusion-maybe just to give him back to his captors, no reason to waste a sacrifice after all.

Likewise, maybe some covert action/spell casting? If he could resist the torture with your help somehow, he might still be killed, but presumably there would be no champion summoned. Likewise, they didn't exactly imply he needed to die-only his 'fear' needed to be extracted. You might even make sure to keep him alive through the torture, so we can rescue him later. Though ironically, he would probably hate you for this. A mercy killing could also be in order...

What a quandary!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 08, 2015, 11:09:12 pm »

Sorry for the delay in posting.
Don't worry about it. Good luck with the work!

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 08, 2015, 11:29:03 pm »

Or we could drug them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 10, 2015, 10:11:25 am »

That could definitely work.  It's boiled normally, but I wonder how burning it would work.  Problem is a timing thing, there; even if you head over to the Black Wing camp immediately, I'm guessing the ritual will already be underway, and we won't have much time to catch up with each other. 

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 10, 2015, 10:15:42 am »

I'm not sure what to do. Maybe walk straight into the cave.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 10, 2015, 10:22:42 am »

Just burning it anywhere would work-cause enough of a distraction to postpone the sacrifice. And save me too!

Also boiling actually dilutes a substance, I think. Which means this Mordayn stuff is likely very strong, and has to be weakened before ingesting/inhaling.

Wish you could sneak a bunch of it into the Dragon's food, that would be a nice distraction...though not a timely one...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 10, 2015, 10:26:18 am »

So grab drug, come save your ass at top speed?

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 14, 2015, 10:27:27 am »

I'm waiting on the Kobolds to answer my question.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 14, 2015, 10:29:26 am »

Ah, I had assume you were asking Johanna and Co.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 14, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

Nah, used Draconic to talk to the Kobolds and shit's about to get real.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 16, 2015, 10:54:08 pm »

Sorry all. Work is getting more intense, and school starts shortly, so I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates. I hope to update Friday, but I can't promise anything: I have a lot of things I'd like to do Friday.
Updates will be slow and unpredictable as the school year begins. Sorry all, but my education comes first. At least, that's what I like to tell myself. :P

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2015, 05:45:03 pm »

I'm kinda waiting on other people... And I'm itching cause I haven't started a fight yet. Also! I saw the book in a bookstore recently. Took so much effort not to peek.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2015, 05:51:45 pm »

I zoned out mentally, back when you said you were busy. Are you back now?

Also the eating worm thing is disgusting. I don't even wanna think about it. Physical sickness. :P

And I'm at a loss at what to do...there's a lot of ways we could sabotage the camp...but, they all seem suicidal. We've not really uncovered any sorts of opportunities, except for maybe causing rockslides on the camp. Which will be pretty suicidal. There's cultists everywhere! TPK's up the wazoo! I'll probably just prod everyone to action soon, it's clear nobody else is going to come up with much of a plan...

Question, could I use my poison spray spell to like, taint water and food? Make it unpalatable, if not actually poisonous?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 98