Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99911 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread: gib feedback plz
« Reply #495 on: July 05, 2015, 12:21:12 am »

And of course, my most sincere apologies to all the Poles and Greeks out there for how their countries' economies inspire such funny comics.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:53:07 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread: Feedback
« Reply #496 on: July 05, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

I want to apologize for the lackluster quality of my last post; specially involving Arwen and Mirellas' seconds. That were not representative of the quality of my downtime posts that I expect for myself. In the future, I intend to do better.

Ah well, I'm having fun. That's all that matters. We had a good first chapter. Lots of daring-do!

The only thing that annoyed me was you pushed into too many encounters without explaining we could rest at some point. Of course it could have been possible we COULDN'T rest, but you contradicted that in a later post. We're only going by what you tell us.

Also, you're gonna have to tell me what the rules for scrolls are and how I can make them myself, now. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 05, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »

I'm going to write one more update tonight, so if you have an action, get it in within the next few hours, please! Sporadic updates resume on Friday, until Sunday.
Ah well, I'm having fun. That's all that matters. We had a good first chapter. Lots of daring-do!

The only thing that annoyed me was you pushed into too many encounters without explaining we could rest at some point. Of course it could have been possible we COULDN'T rest, but you contradicted that in a later post. We're only going by what you tell us.

Also, you're gonna have to tell me what the rules for scrolls are and how I can make them myself, now. :P
Glad to hear you're having fun!
Yes. There will be more opportunities to rest in future adventures.
I'll PM them to you, "shortly".

Well, the only thing she needs is a longbow, really.
Also, Rogues cannot use longbows without dipping into Fighter, or another class with proficiency in the weapon or picking up the Weapon Master feat at fourth level instead of an ability increase. Other opportunities for learning how to wield a longbow may present themselves later.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I forgot that Wood Elves get profiency in the Longbow. Ignore this. She is welcome to ask the guards for a longbow.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 05, 2015, 09:09:54 pm »

YEAH LET'S GO SAVE THE MONK!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 06, 2015, 12:14:37 am »

And that's that. I'm done till Friday, and I hope by then you'll have sent in some feedback.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 06, 2015, 09:20:49 am »

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 06, 2015, 12:58:20 pm »

Spoiler: Missive to Sheila (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:01:05 pm by Dwarmin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 10, 2015, 10:19:33 pm »

GIB FEEDBACK OF THE NOWS
OR THE SOONS
BUT GIB THE FEEDBACKS PLZ

*snip*
*snip*
The DM gibs Dwarmin 275 xp for the RP.
AND FOR THE GIBING OF THE FEEDBACKS

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2015, 07:48:21 am »

Well, to be honest, I'm not particularly grasped.
It's a self-compounding problem, but in general, I'm not enjoying it too much in truth.
The dragon flying off after a little bit of damage seems odd (But is kinda necessary, when it could have killed us all), a caster might have been more interesting to actually fight as (rather than picking off an enemy a turn, and I'm too fragile to risk much in combat).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 11, 2015, 12:23:53 pm »

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. As a note: when I said that "Sweetpea was in the clear" during her break time, she was still free to act. It wasn't a 'this scene is over', but a 'things have happened that mean that this encounter doesn't necessarily require PC input to continue'.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 11, 2015, 07:45:10 pm »

Lesse... I like it, but I'm a bit conflicted. Didn't we kind of have something else we were already questing to go do? In addition, a lot of the battles felt kinda... easy? Not the mounting or Cyanwrath, but the mooks felt unnaturally stupid. I am enjoying myself though.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 11, 2015, 09:34:51 pm »

Didn't we kind of have something else we were already questing to go do?
I gave a bad plot hook of "go investigate this dragon cult" and, surprise surprise: you ran into a dragon cult. It was a lame hook, and I feel bad for it.

To meet your feedback, I have these ideas:
Dering do is good. More of that.
More skill challenges.
More interesting combat.

Anything else?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2015, 11:25:14 am »

Lesse... I like it, but I'm a bit conflicted. Didn't we kind of have something else we were already questing to go do? In addition, a lot of the battles felt kinda... easy? Not the mounting or Cyanwrath, but the mooks felt unnaturally stupid. I am enjoying myself though.

Honestly, that could just be a gripe against the module. If the enemies were intelligent, the Kobolds would have either retreated, or blown battle horns and summoned enough reinforcements from their army to overwhelm us as soon as we showed up, and the Dragon would have turned around and eaten you whole for daring to ride on it's back.

It's a Lv.1 adventure, tho, it was designed to go a bit easy on the players-let them get a bearing on how their team works together, how to chain their abilities.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2015, 12:10:42 pm »

I think my biggest issue (that isn't module-related) is probably just miscommunication.  The most obvious game-related issue is obviously when we got rushed from place to place without even knowing we had a chance to rest that's been outlined earlier, but I think the recent event for Mirella actually helps illustrate it as well.

Post 1: We have an injured person here with severe burns.
Post 2: This person actually lost a leg; you just didn't notice it before.  Surprise.

This one wasn't as big of a big deal, more amusing than disconcerting, but you can see how certain details not being mentioned could easily lead us down incorrect roads. 
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98