Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99862 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Don't worry guys, I've got another crazy A-Team type plan to distract these fools.

It involves Johanna's silent image, Mirella's Thaumaturgy, Arwen's Draconic Intimidation, Sweetpeas Scouting and a healthy dose of blasphemy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

All the best plans have blasphemy.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was planning to drop the civvies in a basement, and brawl inside the church, but Draconic Intimidation is also fun.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was planning to drop the civvies in a basement, and brawl inside the church, but Draconic Intimidation is also fun.

I'm not sure we can kill all of them. :P The GM's pretty much said it's suicide to fight them all at once, even if we reenact thermopylae pass.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Well then. Hmmm... Could try to convince one group that I'm a chosen of a Red Dragon and that it's a really bad idea to mess with us?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm hoping our illusion God will do that for us. At least long enough to get us out the back door.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Dwarmin, I'm not sure how much your plan relies on your Minor Illusion, but unless I'm missing something (which is fairly typical for me), the fourth cantrip only comes at the fourth Wizard level.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:53:32 am by Culise »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarmin, I'm not sure how much your plan relies on your Minor Illusion, but unless I'm missing something (which is fairly typical for me), the fourth cantrip only comes at the fourth Wizard level.

Humm? I'm hoping to use my 1st level silent image spell. If the GM either gives me my bonus spell slot for leveling up, or he approves and I use the drycasting homebrew I sent him...

Also, it doesn't matter ATM but I did convince him to let me switch out acid splash for minor illusion on a one-spell basis. I just don't have it prepared.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Ah, OK.  Ah, but it's a shame; the one time it could be of use, and I don't grab a 10' pole in character generation.  If we can bridge a 15' gap or else if we can ladder down to the ground from the roof, we could escape over the south wall or to the roof of the southern building (L25 to R26) without either group seeing us (unless they can see us crossing the roof; depends on the architecture).  I do have a blanket and 50' of rope, though. 

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

We cut a pair of eyeholes in the blanket, pretend to be a ghost, and it'll be too spooky for the cultists and they'll run away.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about no update. Update tonight, if homework goes well.
Fuck you, idle games.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

No problem; that gives us time to finish up our prep as well. 

So, for the illusion, I'm thinking a two-step with the Thaumaturgy - the action round immediately before the illusion to make the enemy's torches all flare up, which should intensify any shadows, ruin the enemies' night vision, and also be emblematic of the impending arrival of the God of the Sun; then the action round of the illusion to make some tremors centered on where we set the illusion down.  I'm still not optimistic about the odds of success, given how rarely avatars actually manifest, but I'm not about to fight over something as trivial as this; worst case, we lose a few cantrips, one first-level spell slot, and a few rounds for them to pummel the front door while we're setting up.  The last will probably be the worst of the lot, really. 

That said, I apologize, but could we get an answer on whether or not we receive our new spell slots immediately, or if we need to rest for them? 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That said, I apologize, but could we get an answer on whether or not we receive our new spell slots immediately, or if we need to rest for them? 

Yeah, huh? It would be nice, you know. :P Nice GM...always so good to us...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, huh? It would be nice, you know. :P Nice GM...always so good to us...
My rule is that you have to rest first, even if it's a short rest. Sorry.
HOWEVER, Dwarmin asked me if I could implement this house rule:
Drycasting
You can draw upon your own life energy to cast a prepared spell even when you have no spell slots remaining. When you drycast, you take 2d6 necrotic damage for each level of the spell and must make a Constitution saving throw; the DC is equal to 10 + the spell's level. On a failed save, you suffer one level of exhaustion. The necrotic damage ignores resistance and immunity.
I have decided to do so, with the added stipulation that it requires you to use your inspiration.
Since I really like the inventiveness I'm seeing, you all get your inspiration refreshed.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 98