Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99604 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread: Signup/Pregame.
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2015, 03:53:27 pm »

The rogue also inhaled food like it was going out of fashion, occasionally nodding as if she was listening to the conversation.

The amount of wealth she was surrounded by was pretty unbelievable. She'd managed to quietly swipe a candlestick so far, and even more quietly put it back when she reasoned a Hero probably shouldn't do that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

Mirella, for her part, ate slowly but steadily, working her way through each plateful methodically.  She nodded along with Johanna, pausing to admire the glass as it was pointed out.  "I can imagine so.  I should think the view of the night sky must be something to behold as well," she said, genuinely impressed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2015, 04:14:09 pm »

The rogue also inhaled food like it was going out of fashion, occasionally nodding as if she was listening to the conversation.

The amount of wealth she was surrounded by was pretty unbelievable. She'd managed to quietly swipe a candlestick so far, and even more quietly put it back when she reasoned a Hero probably shouldn't do that.

"Don't say the Stonesthrow family didn't put some meat on your bones! What about you?

I can guess by your way of speaking and your manner of...dress you perhaps hail from Baldur's Gate...the people from that city are notoriously taciturn, from what I've seen. Am I correct in my guess?

What brought you to my door, Ms...well, I didn't exactly catch your name..."

Mirella, for her part, ate slowly but steadily, working her way through each plateful methodically.  She nodded along with Johanna, pausing to admire the glass as it was pointed out.  "I can imagine so.  I should think the view of the night sky must be something to behold as well," she said, genuinely impressed.

"We are a bit closer to the Heavens, yes. We occasionally get stargazers here-hobbyists, and the occasional arcanist who wishes to get a good view of various solar...er, extrasolar events. I know enough from your amulet you are a cleric of the Silver Lady. We often receive your sort as well-the Oracles of the Moon, with their tele-scopes and star-charts. I've never been quite brave enough to have my fortune told, however. I'd rather be surprised.

It is an irony to meet you, for I follow Lathander personally-the Morninglord, God of the Sun...opposite ends, but both serve the good."
She says proudly.

"I hardly have to question you, though. Your kin are wanderers and savants, prone to exploration and adventure, right? What adventure were you pursuing before I interrupted you?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2015, 04:24:53 pm »

The green tint to her skin was a clear sign of the wood elf, but she nodded nonetheless.
"Yeah. I grew up in Baldur's Gate, runnign with the street rats and other orphans. Things happened. I don't anymore. I'd planned to leave and not come back."

She hesitated for a moment. She hadn't decided on a new name. A heroic name, for a more heroic her.
"As for names... I guess Sweetpea will do for now, until I think of something better."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2015, 04:40:48 pm »

Johanna was sure the Elf was...a tricky sort. You had to have all sort of tricks to survive on the streets, she thought. Not that Johanna knew anything about that-she was probably good at moving quietly, sure. She had been surprised the girl didn't compliment on the garden, but then again, a city elf probably cared for plants as much as a hill dwarf cared for mud. Not so much.

Still, she felt a bit bad about all of it. She couldn't just toss this Sweetpea (probably not her real name, but who could tell with Elves) out on the road without at least an offer to help. Then again, she recalled that many people in similar situations actually resented being offered merely charity...maybe she could offer more.

"Sweetpea? Well, that's suitably Elvish...." She consents. "So, where are you off to next? I'd imagine you have some useful skills...it's possible I could find a place where you could use them for the greater good. And...those things that happened...perhaps, you won't have to run from them anymore...I could help, if you want. You were almost killed or injured because of my awry magics. I do feel I owe you...some."

Indeed, Johanna did not like the feel of owing anyone anything...she preferred to pay her debts, perhaps one of the only good habits she picked up from her parents.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »

"A bit ironic, but not so much so.  Whether we follow Lathander or Selūne, it is our faith in the light that unites us both, as you yourself say."  At the question, though, she paused before continuing in the same soft voice.  "I was on no great adventure, I must admit.  My voyage has simply been one of exploration and discovery, both of the self and of the world Selūne helped create.  If my power can grant some small succor to those in need of aid, then I shall do so without question, as I have done so far, but I'm afraid I have no grand quest like those of braver adventurers."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2015, 04:59:25 pm »

"We may have the beginnings of a partnership, then.

Have you ever heard of the Lords Alliance...?"

She goes on to explain a bit about it, though it's likely anyone traveling in the area has heard of them.

http://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-dragons/story/faction/lordsalliance <--Basic Stuff

"...The organization I intend to join...well, they're not supposed to deal with only the problems that affect those on high, though I admit it is often sometimes seen that way. It's about serving the law, and through the law the greater good. From what I have gathered, Alliance Agents often deal with threats to our civilization itself-cults of evil gods, foreign infiltrators, and foul things which hide among the crowds, often with fair faces. They even keep our fair Northern cities at peace with one another, helping to resolving crises that spring up between them before it comes to open warfare.

It requires a good deal of subtlety and tact to be a member of the Alliance...but, you have to be strong as well. It's about ending threats before they become bad enough to cost lives and treasure in defusing them...at least, that is how I understand it...

Personally, I have spent a good deal of my life training to wield the arcane. I want to use it for something worthwhile."

One gets the feeling Johanna at least has found a cause she truly believes in-she speaks with true conviction.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

Arwen stops inhaling food for a moment to explain his past. "Well, I was part of a town guard, but... It wasn't really satisfying, you know? So here I am to make my fortune. Not much to say, really..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2015, 05:10:50 pm »

Arwen stops inhaling food for a moment to explain his past. "Well, I was part of a town guard, but... It wasn't really satisfying, you know? So here I am to make my fortune. Not much to say, really..."

"I suppose I could say 'money isn't everything', but that would come out a tad hypocritical from someone like me, wouldn't it? Though, you might consider it amusing I am not actually very independently wealthy-most of my gold comes from my mother and father, and the rest is tied up in business interests. Of course, they let me eat her for free, at least.

We can work out an arrangement, perhaps...I intend to join the Alliance, and a good agent cultivates skilled people to work alongside her. I saw you against the Monkeybees-you have a good swordarm, and you certainly don't lack for bravery. If it isn't too forward, would you consider working alongside me, Mr. Dunwood? I'm not trying to recruit you into the alliance-you could travel with me as a free agent, until fate calls you elsewhere.

I can't exactly promise you wealth, but I can promise great opportunity...and a good cause.

The same offer goes to the rest of you. All of you-and myself-showed exceptional bravery today. We may indeed have the workings of a successful partnership among us."
She says.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »

He leans back in his chair, chewing on a bone thoughtfully at her offer. To be fair, he really didn't have any set plans... So this actually would work rather well for him...

"So you want me as a bodyguard? Who knew, first guess was right. Sure, I'll tag along for a bit. Not like I got plans." He chuckles, nodding. This group she was joining didn't sound too awful either...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2015, 05:17:42 pm »

The elf - Sweetpea now, she guessed - nodded and stifled a giggle. The dwarf sure talked a lot.
"I have a few talents. Opening locks, climbing, shooting a bow when it came down to it." She paused, one hand playing with the fang hanging from her collar. "I'm not much good in a stand up fight. I had an... accident that left me with a bad chest. 's no good if it gets hit."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2015, 05:28:04 pm »

Johanna steeples her hands and looks at Sweetpea with a smile.

"My dear, you likely know better than I-only fools engage in 'stand up fights'. I flick fire from my hands. That's the very definition of cheating, isn't it? I don't intend to give those who would do evil acts against the innocent a fair chance. You can use a large group like ours as protection to work your...tricks. I bet you're a much better shot than you think. A lifetime of avoiding stand up fights meant you didn't really have the luxury of missing, am I right? Or letting them see you get close?" Johanna perceives.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »

"Guys who gets in stand up fights on a regular basis, right here."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2015, 05:38:24 pm »

"Then you need help avoiding them! There are old warriors, and bold warriors, but no old, bold warriors, after all..."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2015, 05:39:02 pm »

"I punch through walls for fun, I'm tough enough to handle myself in a fist fight... Besides, I never said that's ALL I could do."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 98