Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99863 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #600 on: September 24, 2015, 05:58:11 pm »

.... I wanna go into the cave. Will this get me killed?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 24, 2015, 06:03:14 pm »

Yes, almost certainly so! I mean, you could probably go in a short distance, but if you bothered the Dragon it would eat you. It would eat you even faster if it remembered your voice, your smell, or the shape of your body.

My idea would be cart some meat in, taint it with poison, and hope the Dragon destroys the camp and flies away in a fit of annoyance by being served such gamy meat.

I can dream.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 24, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »

There's also the dream mist...

.... WAIT A SECOND. WE CAME THROUGH A TIGHT PASS ON THE WAY. I'VE GOT IT.

This is gonna have to happen soon, and it's gonna have to happen at blinding speed. Someone's gotta get all the prisoners out, while a sniper (We have a rogue right) heads out first to take out the units stationed at the pass. With that area secure, we rush the hostages out while I hold off the enemies, narrowing down to 1v1 in the pass... So in essence.

We're going 300 on these bastards.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 24, 2015, 06:20:10 pm »

The GM will not roll the battle, he will just link a GIF of all the arrows coming at the Spartans at the end of the movie for you. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 24, 2015, 06:27:30 pm »

I can dream.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 25, 2015, 02:35:25 am »

Also! I saw the book in a bookstore recently. Took so much effort not to peek.
I appreciate the effort.

I zoned out mentally, back when you said you were busy. Are you back now?
90%. There will be bumps along the road, but the worst is over, for now.

Also the eating worm thing is disgusting. I don't even wanna think about it. Physical sickness. :P
That was the intended reaction, and I am so disappointed that I can't claim any credit for it. This guy named Hans Chung-Otterson came up with it. I found it while figuring out how to make the game more interesting.

Question, could I use my poison spray spell to like, taint water and food? Make it unpalatable, if not actually poisonous?
Poison Spray:
You extend your hand toward a creature you can see within range and project a puff of noxious gas from your palm.
You certainly could.
(Arcana: 19+5)
The spell poison spray is an ancient one, and one that has seen revision after revision over the centuries. It's actually a very intricate spell, since the caster needs to both conjure up the gas, an complex chemical, and maneuver it to the intended target without gassing everyone else in the room.
The gas that is produces is colloquially called a 'muscle killer' by alchemists, but by healers and academics, it is a 'nerve agent'. It is lethal, even in small doses, and acts almost instantly. Prolonged exposure almost always guarantees death, as does exposure to large amounts. It mixes well with water, and contact can contaminate food, especially if the room's temperature is under the gas's boiling point.
You can easily poison the water supply, with a constant casting of poison spray. The longer you cast it, the more poisonous it is. Of course, Johanna has an appointment with the kobold to take the worm, so the time that she can use to sabotage the water supply is limited.
The food will be harder to get to, since the food isn't stored in a public place, and is never left alone while outside the cave. If you could get it alone, you could poison it, but it would take longer, unless the room was cold, since it's harder to poison food with gas than liquid.

.... I wanna go into the cave. Will this get me killed?
Depends. Are you feeling lucky, punk? If you're smart, and have a bit of luck, you can get inside it.

My idea would be cart some meat in, taint it with poison, and hope the Dragon destroys the camp and flies away in a fit of annoyance by being served such gamy meat.

I can dream.
You can try it! You should try it!

There's also the dream mist...

.... WAIT A SECOND. WE CAME THROUGH A TIGHT PASS ON THE WAY. I'VE GOT IT.

This is gonna have to happen soon, and it's gonna have to happen at blinding speed. Someone's gotta get all the prisoners out, while a sniper (We have a rogue right) heads out first to take out the units stationed at the pass. With that area secure, we rush the hostages out while I hold off the enemies, narrowing down to 1v1 in the pass... So in essence.

We're going 300 on these bastards.
"Adventurers! Ready your trail rations and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in the Fugue Plane!"

"A thousand cultists of the Dragon Queen will descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!"
"Then we will fight in the shade."

"I trust that 'scratch' hasn't made you useless."
"Hardly, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare. And the cleric cast Regeneration on me, so it's all good."

I can dream.
As Arwen begins to formulate the idea, he feels a wind blow through the camp, and all the cultists shiver at a cold that Arwen cannot feel. In fact, the breeze feels refreshing. While not a religious man, Arwen has a sense that gods are smiling upon him and his companions.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 25, 2015, 07:25:08 am »

.... I'm going to try to get into that cave.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 25, 2015, 08:32:37 am »

.... I'm going to try to get into that cave.

Good luck. :P

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 25, 2015, 08:33:40 am »

Thanks, I'll need it. This is gonna be amazing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 25, 2015, 08:52:13 am »

10 PRINT "THAT LOOKS LIKE A TASTY SET OF SHOULDERS. DO I REMEMBER YOU FROM SOMEWHERE."
20 PRINT "MUNCH!"
30 GOTO 20

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 25, 2015, 11:29:42 am »

* The DM chuckles.
Not the evil kind, but the kind when they know something the players don't.

Oh, and for future reference, the gods smile on ludicrously brave/stupid ideas. They don't smile on smart ideas, because smart ideas don't need any divine help.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 25, 2015, 11:30:51 am »

The gods are gonna LOVE me then.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 25, 2015, 01:11:59 pm »

Have you thought this all the way through? :P

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 25, 2015, 01:18:46 pm »

That would indicate that this is a smart plan, and the Gods would abandon me.

I just plan to peek in and flee like a mofo.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 25, 2015, 01:23:20 pm »

Could eavesdrop on some juicy plot details, maybe...though our cover will be eroded fairly quickly if anyone mentions a weirdo with a mask wanted to talk to him and then vanished. I suggest you ditch the helmet afterwards (if there an aftewards) and/or find something else to cover your face.

Yes, you're going to need another mask, to cover your current mask, that is covering your real face. :P

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 98