Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99825 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Yeah, guys, stop being stabbed. It's bad for you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember what your mother always told you? An apple a day keeps the death saves away!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Also, this turn really stinks. Two crits and a hit? 1 hp remains for both our warriors? Strange odds. :P ))
I know it smells fishy, but I didn't fudge these numbers at all. This was what the dice spat out, exactly.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

It's pretty amazing, and lucky.  I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, though. ^_^

Oh, by the bye, do we want to burn the Second Wind now?  I can channel divinity to restore 10 HP distributed between Arwen and myself, as well. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

We've still got like, two dozen enemies to kill.

FIRE EVERYTHING!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's no-

Nevermind. I'll let yall figure it out by yourself. No DM hints for you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Besides, I don't think we need to kill them all; that's just a worst-case scenario.  As long as we can evacuate the people inside, we'll have what we actually came here for. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've got two a half rounds to kill the rest of the kobolds, AND evacuate everyone in the building, then? Otherwise we'll have to fight that big group when they come around the corner and chase us. Sounds like GM planning fail. :P

How can we even convince them that we're here to help in that time? They seem shut up pretty tight.

"No, we're not cultists, no. Just open the door! We're here to save you! It's not a trick! I'm only wearing cultist robes to trick them!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna burn my second wind, you channel for yourself. Is Second Wind a standard action, a Move, or a free?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

We've got two a half rounds to kill the rest of the kobolds, AND evacuate everyone in the building, then? Otherwise we'll have to fight that big group when they come around the corner and chase us. Sounds like GM planning fail. :P

How can we even convince them that we're here to help in that time? They seem shut up pretty tight.

"No, we're not cultists, no. Just open the door! We're here to save you! It's not a trick! I'm only wearing cultist robes to trick them!"
I'm speedy enough I'll distract the second group approaching. Hopefully they heard the sound of combat and didn't just assume the cult decided to do team building exercises or something.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm speedy enough I'll distract the second group approaching. Hopefully they heard the sound of combat and didn't just assume the cult decided to do team building exercises or something.

Or maybe they just decided to cover themselves in tomato sauce, and take a break lying down on the ground for awhile.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Now there's an idea...
*dons cultist robes*
"Your dragon ruler demands you lie down and cover yourself in this tasty marinara sauce, in the name of Her Holiness, may you long taste crunchy and good with ketchup."
*Rolls bluff*

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Deception vs. Insight: 7+1 vs ... [DM fudges and rerolls] ... [gets 20, DM fudges and rerolls] ... [GETS ANOTHER 20, DM gives heavy sigh of frustration], Failure)
The cultists shout back "Nay, heathen! She commands us to bring you to Her, covered in ketchup! Bring forth the Marinara Mortar!"
From around the corner, they wheel a massive dragon headed cannon, and aim it at you.

(Update when I get back from class.)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Channel Divinity: Preserve Life
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to heal the badly injured.
As an action, you present your holy symbol and evoke healing energy that can restore a number of hit points equal to five times your cleric level. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you, and divide those hit points among them. This feature can restore a creature to no more than half of its hit point maximum. You can’t use this feature on an undead or a construct.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 98