Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99579 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #1395 on: June 25, 2017, 01:29:21 pm »

I'm going to that wedding. Even if I have to wrestle and ride a monster back.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 27, 2017, 04:28:46 am »

Sorry for short update, long day.
Going to try to get out of this scene soon, and talk to Arwen's uncle, so I can use him to introduce Twinwolf.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 29, 2017, 03:00:17 am »

Spoiler: That halfling's the new party member: go say hi to Twinwolf's character

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 29, 2017, 10:45:12 am »

Can we get a look at twinwolfs sheet and have it added to the OP? He said he was going rogue (I even found a portrait!) but the interaction indicates we have another magic user...?

Now I have to find another portrait.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 29, 2017, 10:50:22 am »

I have a portrait - they're a halfling rogue. They're just talking to a wizard because they needed some help with something. Going to just add a few finishing things to the sheet and I'll post it.

Edit: Tossed the sheet at the GM, once they confirm things are fine I'll post it. Decided against filling in some of the fluff parts - personality, history, etc, since I want those to come out in the game rather than just in the sheet.

Edit^2: Sheet. I do have a picture but if you can find a better one I'd be fine with using it :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:57:18 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 01, 2017, 09:42:00 am »

@Twinwolf: Added your character art to the OOC lore post right below OP in this thread. Since your character has no other physical description at the moment, that picture will do just fine. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 01, 2017, 10:04:15 am »

Also, reading through the ancient history of our game. Things I realized.

~Arwen became a jerk after he got magic.
~Johanna became a jerk after Sweetpea left the party
~We've been 'playing' this game for two years and four months, but only a week has passed in the world.
~We've actually been very successful campaign wise-we destroyed the cultist camp entirely, captured their leader, stopped their attack on the village, sowed discord in their ranks, and saved the most civilians we could have. We did fail in actually uncovering anything of their plot, tho.
~I now realized Dinkus the Kobold Hero (Who critically hit Arwen with the Godrock and due to GM error became temporarily invulnerable) is actually still alive upon further reading, and probably having his own adventures by now.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 01, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »

Arwen got better!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 02, 2017, 04:18:09 am »

~We've been 'playing' this game for two years and four months, but only a week has passed in the world.
*Distant Inception Horns*
~We've actually been very successful campaign wise-we destroyed the cultist camp entirely, captured their leader, stopped their attack on the village, sowed discord in their ranks, and saved the most civilians we could have. We did fail in actually uncovering anything of their plot, tho.
Thanks for digging this piece of information out: I totally forgot if you knew what they were doing or not. You'll find out soon enough.
~I now realized Dinkus the Kobold Hero (Who critically hit Arwen with the Godrock and due to GM error became temporarily invulnerable) is actually still alive upon further reading, and probably having his own adventures by now.
Spoiler alert: Dinkus the Kobold is the final boss of this adventure path. You'd think it was Tiamat, but it's actually just a CR 1/4 Kobold.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:23 am »

What's the hold up from you Twinwolf? If you don't want to reveal too much of your backstory, my action allowed for that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 05, 2017, 12:10:07 pm »

What's the hold up from you Twinwolf? If you don't want to reveal too much of your backstory, my action allowed for that.
Sorry, wasn't entirely sure how to have her respond.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 05, 2017, 12:36:15 pm »

Well, that's weird. You've mystified both me and my character. :P

Anyway we need to find some other common ground to get you into the party. I was all ready, too...

*patiently deletes response he prepared four days ago*

Do you have any other ideas how we can do that?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 05, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »

maybe casually mention your quest, it might just help

So remember when I said I wasn't going to spending the summer in the woods?
Guess who's got a job!
It's just for a week, Sunday to Saturday. Sorry about this, they needed an extra hand, and I needed a few hundred dollars (because holy fuck, why is starting a business so expensive).

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 05, 2017, 12:56:53 pm »

I'm not sure, Johanna is super paranoid (she's a secret agent, shh), opening up to a stranger would be a bit weird. I guess I can do it, but I've not gotten much actual information on Cora. Is she a badass rogue who was once a dragon, or just a saucy bootmaker with an ultra-dimensional parasite problem? :P

Cora herself on the other hand, couldn't fail to notice what we are-Arwen literally called us 'adventuring party' and he's talking about how we fought Dragons (real stealthy there, buddy). It's the old saw of 'No, you hang up first', only in reverse. One of has to make the leap. Up until now I was leaving it up to Twinwolf to do so, but I will do it myself if I have to.

Also grats on the job! $$$

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 05, 2017, 01:23:42 pm »

Yeah, sorry - she's not really the type to mention it most times and is rather concerned about the potential reaction if someone learned of it. I'm assuming that she was recommended to try Arwen's uncle by a close friend or similar, and Johanna didn't have any such recommendation, so...

As for a reason to join the party... well, would Johanna respond to an inquiry about the whole adventuring party thing? That might have piqued Cora's interest.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 98