Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 98

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread. [Ended]  (Read 99655 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. OOC Thread.
« Reply #1125 on: March 07, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »

Because nobody's noticed that yet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 07, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »

Also because no one's gotten the cage door open so that we can just stroll out - no one's even tried it to see if it's locked or not.  At a minimum, given how the battle went, a retreat would have likely meant the loss of Mirella and the mystery elf (Tawa) given that she would have had to face both drakes, the roper, and the kobolds alone (she was grappled and hauled over the lower level in the first round), and with everyone except Adrik down here now, running seems even more impractical.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 07, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »

I guess two people are also glued to the ground, tho it's not listed in the effects so I don't know who is/isn't...which we have no information on, also. Does it wear off? Do we have to take actions to remove it? What's the DC?

Also, Yeah, Further reinforcing the 'you are screwed!' element of the encounter. I mean, an over-CR roper grabs a hero (Unless you've got 8 members in your party to parry all the tentacles and/or kill it from range, you can't stop this) cripples them, and drops them into a battle alone with 50 HP drakes. And then a surprise band of Kobolds to stick you to the ground so nobody can escape.

I ran this encounter through a calculator and it's like ECR 12. I get we're not supposed to do anything to the Roper (Except die) but it turns what would already be a tough encounter (2 drakes and 4 kobolds) into an impossible one. Might as well just have given the Drakes Wings and let them attack us directly-that would still have been a tough encounter.

I'm not sure how could have avoided any of it either. Aside from not wasting attacks on the Roper, which you can't do without metagaming-a toothy monster had your friend, of course you attack it. I've already expounded on that subject.

We should really bail on the encounter. :P I mean. Mirella is already beaten up, if she dies because of this I will blame myself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 07, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »

The Roper's 'friendly ish' though.

Also, Adrik literally just came up with a solution here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 07, 2016, 05:16:56 pm »

Throwing ourselves on the GM's mercy isn't an ideal solution. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 08, 2016, 03:38:49 am »

I guess two people are also glued to the ground, tho it's not listed in the effects so I don't know who is/isn't...which we have no information on, also. Does it wear off? Do we have to take actions to remove it? What's the DC?
Ah, sorry. You have to attempt a DC 11 Strength check as an action to remove it.

Sorry about this! I'll make sure to leave some fun loot at the end of this.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 09, 2016, 04:20:29 am »

I'll have Arwen free himself and get a drake to stand down, if that's okay.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:05 am »

Do it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 11, 2016, 01:26:24 am »

*cough*checkthethreadsubject*cough*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 11, 2016, 09:23:46 am »

Sigh! I've been a bit harried lately, I was hoping someone else could pull the plot cart for awhile.

I suppose I must have elected myself to the position.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 11, 2016, 12:34:10 pm »

Thank god we're alive. I need to figure out a way to be less crippled.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 11, 2016, 03:36:25 pm »

Sigh! I've been a bit harried lately, I was hoping someone else could pull the plot cart for awhile.
I suppose I must have elected myself to the position.
Don't stress about it; I've also been busy, so no worries.
Thank god we're alive. I need to figure out a way to be less crippled.
Long rests. Luckily, you're almost out of this dungeon.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 11, 2016, 10:43:32 pm »

Spoiler: Brother Cian's Status (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 12, 2016, 04:18:57 pm »

Can, um, I get a little synopsis of what happened? I kind of stopped paying attention while I waited for the fight to get over :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 12, 2016, 04:31:28 pm »

The party approached the edge of the pit you were stuck in, before Mirella, the cleric who helped you up, got snatched by the Roper on the ceiling. After being offered a biscuit, it dropped Mirella, who got swarmed by some drakes hiding in the shadows, and Arwen, the fighter, and Johanna, the wizard, jumped down to save her. Some kobolds jumped out and ambushed them with glue and fire bombs, before being cut down by Adrik, the sorcerer. Without their kobold masters, the party was able to get the drakes to stand down. Then, the party cut you free.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 98